- Timbuktu: The Sahara's Fabled City of Gold by Marq De Villiers and Sheila Hirtle - Includes plenty of historical information on Morocco
- White Gold by Giles Milton - Historical about North Africa's European slaves.
- Caliph's House by Tahir Shah - a writer records the trials and tribulations of restoring an abandoned mansion in Casablanca.
- A House in Fez by Suzanna Clarke -The impulsive purchase of a riad in the Fes medina results in a journey into Moroccan culture as they udnertake restoration.
- Valley Of The Casbahs by Jeffrey Tayler - A traveler's account of crossing the Moroccan Sahara by foot, from Mhamid to Agadir.
- Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night by E. P. Mathers - 'Arabian Nights' Classic
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
- Hope and other dangerous pursuits by Laila Lalami - short stories focusing on modern Moroccan life
Travel Pictorial - Country or Natural Wonder
Always browse any or all Travel Pictorial books about a country, region or a natural wonder of the world . You will find excellent photography to view at leisure. Check out any bookstore or library ( lending or reference ). Additionally, you could view traveler's photos on GoogleImages or Flickr.
Travel Guide(s) - Country, Region or City
Always glance through any Travel Guide for the region you are planning to visit. You will always find some nuggat of useful information. The layout and content will always vary with the publisher. Every traveller should make it a priority to browse one or all of the guides listed below. It will be a great education to browse the layout and view the excellent photography. You decide which of the travel guide(s) you like the best.
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide(s)
- Rough Guide to Morocco
- Insight / Discovery Channel Travel Guide(s)
- Lonely Planet Guide(s)
- AA Explorer, AA Key or AA Spiral Guide(s)
- Note: You will find about thirteen ( 13+ ) other publishing companies travel guides in bookstores.
Travel Books - Children or Junior
Browse the children's or junior section of your local library for travel and geography guides. You will find a variety of guides to countries, regions or natural wonders of the world. The majority of these guides will be less than fifty pages in length. They will contain an excellent overview of a country etc. They are an excellent introduction to travel for a novice traveller.
Travel DVD or Video Viewing
- These are a few ideas for finding Travel DVD's in your local area.
- Local Video Rental Store
- Local Library - Travel Video or DVD
- Any large music store will have a range of travel DVD's or Video's on sale.
- Travel Video Store has an excellent internet site.
- BBC Video series website section
- Pilot Travel Guide series
- National Geographic Travel DVD or Video Series
- Escorted Tour Companies DVD or Video's e.g. Rick Steves'
- National Tourist Bureaus MAY have a introduction Video or DVD on offer or Photo Gallery on their Internet site