Interested in Maui?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Maui each week.
- "Feast at LeLe" (http://www.feastatlele.com/) best food, most comfortable seating, and best show, but also the most expensive.
honorable mention: Old Lahaina Luau (http://www.oldlahainaluau.com/) very authentic and natural setting.
- Warren and Annabel's (http://www.warrenandannabelles.com/), a total blast, just go, you'll love it.
- Rent snorkel gear and explore Maui's underwater paradise at dozens of beaches. (http://www.thesnorkelstore.com/) All rentals come with a detailed map highlighting the best beaches for your party.
- Maui Adventure Cruises - 180 Dickenson St # 116, Lahaina (808) 661-5550 http://www.mauiadventurecruises.com/ . Small boat, very few people, and great guides. There are several different offerings, including the Lanai Dolphin Adventure (two different snorkeling stops around the island of Lanai), and the Lanai Landing Dolphin Adventure (One snorkeling stop, then you get dropped off at the Four Seasons beach on Lanai for the afternoon with lunch). The beach is great, because there are decent waves for body surfing, and the snorkeling is fabulous! on both trips, you will usually encounter dolphins along the way!
- Take a zip-line tour on the side of Haleakala: (http://www.skylinehawaii.com/). Make a morning of it: drive up to Haleakala crater for the sunrise (be sure to get there at least 20 minutes early, since parking can be a challenge and it's the pre-dawn color display that's so spectacular. And bring warm closes too: it's around freezing on top!) Then drive down to the Kula Lodge (http://www.kulalodge.com/) for breakfast, passing the Sky-line tour buildings on the way. That leaves plenty of time for a leisurely breakfast and a short drive back up the road to Sky-line tours for an 8:30am tour. Tours take a bit over an hour, so you're back in West Maui well before noon and ready for a serious nap.
- West Maui alternative: Skyline recently added Ziplines Tours right in Kaanapali. Pretty convenient if you're in West Maui, you don't even have to drive very far.
* The beach at the Grand Wailea – Nice waves for body surfing. Bring a boogie board if the waves are looking good!
* The beach at the Westin Ka’anapali Vacation Resort – Great snorkeling, Great Coral colors, beautiful beach, but no waves.
* Ulua Beach Park – Just North of the Marriott. Fabulous snorkeling and very easy to get to. There’s a nice reef that comes out from the shore, and you can find just about every kind of fish here.
* Black Rock – This beach is famous for its cliff jumping. It’s not too high of a cliff, so anyone can give it a try. You may also end up swimming with big turtles at this beach. Just past the cliff, there is also some excellent snorkeling. Bring your underwater camera to this beach and make sure you get some video of yourself jumping off the cliff!
* DT Flemming Beach – This is a public beach on Lower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina – Great body surfing, and good waves. Sometimes it can be very windy here, so just check it out when you get there. There’s usually no way to know whether it’s windy there until you arrive.
- Maui Eco-Adventures: (http://www.ecomaui.com/), 2005 "Hawaii eco-tourism operator of the year" award winner. Their Rainforest Waterfall hike, and the Hike Kayak tour are favorites. The Hike Kayak: Hike along the rugged north shore of West Maui, then take a short van ride for lunch then 1.5 hrs of sea kayaking in open-top kayaks with a snorkel stop along the way. Very cool!
- The Plantation House Restaurant in Kapalua, far northwest corner of West Maui in the Plantation Golf Course. (http://www.theplantationhouse.com/)
- Longhi's Restaurant in the shops at Wailea
- JAWZ Fish Tacos Maui, has been voted best restaurant in Maui for their famous Fish Tacos, visit their restaurant in Kihei, or stop by the Taco Stands in Makena.
- The China Boat restaurant - 4474 L Honoapiilani Rd, Kahana (a ways north of Lahaina) (http://www.chinaboatkahana.com/visit/)
- Located in Waliea Shops, Whaler's General Store, has a great cup of Java in the morning and a variety of breakfast items. They also sell great plate meals and lunchs for picnics. The store has a New York Style Deli that specializes in sandwiches and salads. They also have items for special diets like hard boiled eggs or white rice. The Shops at Wailea • 3750 Wailea Alanui • Wailea, Maui, HI 96753 http://www.shopsatwailea.com/
100 Bladwin Ave., Paia
Kind of a hole in the wall in Paia, this restaurant is on the corner in a blue store front at the stop light at the beginning of the road to Hanna). The fish is amazing. Choose from 6 different kinds of fish, and six different preparations. You get a huge plate of food for around $12 per plate. The fish is fresh, well prepared and delicious. The seating is picnic tables, so very casual, but the fish is as good at any four star restaurant.
820 Olowalu Village Rd Lahaina
This place is along the west side of the Hwy just before you get to Lahaina, just on the side of the road. They have the most amazing pies EVER! Be sure to stop in early in the day for coconut cream or banana cream pie! The pies are small, but very rich, so two people can share one.
This patio restaurant is right on the beach at the Honua Kia resort. It’s a great place to sit at the bar, listen to like ukulele music, and watch the sunset. If you want to walk to Dukes, there is a walkway along the beach. It’s about a mile walk from Black Rock, and is just past the Westin K’anapali Vacation Resort.
Decent food, fairly inexpensive… excellent beer! Local hang out.
- Java Jazz - a favorite spot for coffee in the morning (also good breakfast, soup, sandwiches all the time). It's right across the street from Kaanapali Shores Resort in the strip mall.
- Cheese Burger In Paradise - in the middle of Lahaina right on Front St.
- Cool Cat's Cafe across from the banyan tree in Lahaina
- Mama's Fish House - This was the first fresh fish restaurant in Maui. Excellent seafood and romantic location. They also have an inn and it is beachfront. http://www.mamasfishhouse.com/
- Hula Grill - located in Whalers Village, just north of Lahaina (http://www.hulagrill.com/)
- Pacific'O - located in the 505 center, 505 Front Street, Lahaina (http://www.pacifico.com)
- Walk along Front Street in Lahaina. Plan at least a half day to 'Do' Lahaina. Don't miss the Banyan Tree Park on the south side of town. And a bit further south from that is the 505 center, where you'll find the Feast at LeLe and Pacific'O restaurant.
Shops at Waliea are the most beautiful and exclusive. http://www.shopsatwailea.com/
- Grand Wailea - Very upscale, FABULOUS pools/water park, and located on a fantastic beach! Probably the best hotel on the island.
- A condo at Aston Kaanapali Shores Resort. It's the perfect blend of resort and condo. All the Condos have washer/dryers and a complete kitchen, so you can pack light and eat in occasionally. There's a nice exercise room, shops, a restaurant, hair salon, flower shop, 2 pools, and an ExpediaFun! desk in the lobby, plus an ExpediaFun! rental shack out by the beach. 2010 Update: Aston K-Shores is just finishing up a multi-year interior remodel of all their units: a recent stay had new cabinets, upscale tile, granite counters. Very nice!!
- Westin Ka'anapali Vacation Resort - Fabulous rooms with a full kitchen. Located on a fabulous beach for snorkeling. beautiful rooms & beautiful property! Lots of great family activities, on-site kid's club if you need childcare while taking an adventure that's not suitable for little ones.
- 'ULALENA - This award winning show tells the story of Hawaii's history, culture and myths and legends. It is the perfect family activity to do at night. http://www.maui-nightlife.com http://www.mauitheatre.com
Kihei's Forth Friday - at Azeka's on South Kihei Rd. on Maui's South shore. Come eat, drink, dance, play. It's best town party Maui has to offer! Check out the Kihei Fourth Friday Facebook page for photos of last month's event. Come any fourth Friday for Free Live Music, food & craft vendors, beer gardens and a fantastic Keiki Youth zone for kids of all ages. Bring the whole family.