Learning spanish in Costa Rica is a nice cultural activity and immersion is the best way to learn a lot in a short amount of time. Whether you decide to go to the beach, city, volcano or the rainforest there's always a good Spanish school in Costa Rica where you can have fun and live a unique experience.
An added bonus about learning Spanish while traveling is that the school can provide a lot of information and services regarding your travel options around the country. Also, most of the schools offer homestay, internships and volunteering programs. Some even academic credits through U.S Universities.
Here's a few recommendations:
Near national parks, volcanoes, beaches, and waterfalls:
- Instituto Estelar Bilingue (in Liberia) - includes extracurricular cultural activities (dance, music, cooking, etc.), volunteer opportunities, bilingual trips, and the option to stay with a local family! email@example.com
In the City (San Jose, Alajuela, Heredia, Cartago):
- Costa Rican Language Academy (in San Pedro, San José)
- Academia Tica Spanish School - (in Coronado, San José) - Instituto Cervantes Accredited Center & DELE Exam Center.
- Intercultura Language School - (in Heredia)
- Conversa - (in San José)
- Intensa -(in San José)
- ELEC Spanish School - (in San Isidro, Heredia)
- Spanish School for Residents and Foreign Students ( Escazú, San José ) Many Students have improved their experience of life after speaking Spanish !! Short and Long terms Spanish Programs Testimonials - Standard Spanish Program - Register here Contact .
- SFL Program at UCR - (In San Pedro, San José)
On the Beach:
- Samara Language School - (in Samara)
- Spanish Abroad - (in Tamarindo)
- La Escuela del Sol - (in Montezuma) - may be combined with surf, yoga, fire dance or Scuba Certification classes.
- Academia Tica Spanish School - (in Jacó) - may be combined with surfing, volunteering and internships.
- Nosara Spanish Institute - (in Nosara)
- Tamarindo Spanish School - (in Tamarindo) - may be combined with surfing.
- Coastal Spanish Institute - (in Tamarindo) - may be combined with surf or Scuba.
- AEC Spanish Institute - (in Dominical) - may be combined with surfing.
- SG Spanish Immersion Costa Rica - (in Tamarindo) -surf + Spanish, medical and family Spanish classes available
On the Internet: (For those wanting a 'headstart')
- "Study Spanish" - for beginning, intermediate and advance students (free)
- "Learn Spanish" Beginning, intermediate and advanced students (free & fee based)
- "Spanish Live" - Beginning, intermediate and advanced (free & fee based)
- "Learn Spanish|CostaRica Online Spanish School-Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced (free Spanish tutorials)
- Spanish Classes Online - Beginner - Intermediate and Advanced Students - Contact here