Cairns airport transfers, daily shuttle bus, taxis, limousine, hire cars or charter coach transport between Cairns and Port Douglas.
BUSES & COACHES.
There are several coach companies operating this run. Travel time between Cairns Airport to Port Douglas is approximately 60 to 90 minutes. Travel on the shuttle bus as there are multiple passengers can mean travel time is more like 1 to 2 hours. Shuttle bus coaches companies are listed below in alphabetical order.
- Coral Reef Coaches will stop at all the northern beaches of Cairns on the way to Port Douglas(1.25-2hrs).They will meet you in the baggage collection area with a sign with your name on it and depart when all passengers are ready. Cost $36.00 / adult.
Phone - (07) 4098 2600 Website:
Coral Sea Coaches may stop to drop off other passengers on the way to Port Douglas(1.25-2hrs). They will meet you in the baggage collection area with a sign with your name on it and depart when all passengers are ready. Bookings are essential and made and paid for online. Last Minute oneway transfers for specific times and dates maybe available for discounted rates. The shuttle to Port Douglas only travels 4 times a day at specific times and return bookings are required. Cost for 4 passengers return is $240.00 ($30.00 per passenger each way). Website: www.coralseacoaches.com
- Exemplar Coaches and Limousines sometimes will make stops in Palm Cove on the way to Port Douglas(1.25-1.5hrs). They will meet you in the baggage collection area with a sign with your name on it and depart when all passengers on your service are ready. Cost from $36.00/Person and they have family packages. Phone - (07) 4098 5473 Email:email@example.com Website: www.exemplaronline.com.au
Krystal Transport non stop transfers to Port Douglas (1-1.25 hours). Again they will meet you in the baggage collection area with a sign with your name on it and depart when all passengers are ready. Cost $35/Person.
Phone - (07) 4051 7456.
Airport transfers to & from the Northern Beaches including Palm Cove & Port Douglas, No set times,transfers to suit you, Children up to 15 years only $10.00, Car & booster seats provided free of charge ,Private transfers available. Call Brad on 0412 297 716 Email; firstname.lastname@example.org Web; www.oasistransport.com.au
PortDouglasBus currently operates five services per day from Cairns Airport to Port Douglas accommodation. Friendly and helpful professional drivers. Select the time that is closest to your flight arrival. Bus departs Cairns Airport at 8:50am,10:50am,1:35pm, 3:10pm and 5:45pm from Domestic Terminal at Bus Station outside Arrivals Terminal or from main front entrance of International Terminal. Allow 90 minutes travel time. Cost is Adult $32 one way/$54 return, Child $16/$30 return or Family $90/$154. Book online and pay on board. Phone - 07 4099 5665 or email email@example.com or visit
- Sunpalm operate the only customer service desk inside the Airport terminals. If you prebooked tickets you have go to the desk at the airport to look for a sign with your name on it and you will be put on the next available bus to Port Douglas. You can purchase tickets at their customer service desk at the airport (1.25-2hrs) to Port Douglas, via northern beaches Cost $42.50/Person Phone - (07) 4087 2900 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.sunpalmtransport.com
It is worth while booking the transfers before you arrive in the area as you may have a long wait once you arrive with no booking.
Also ask about cancellation policies as you may not get your money back if you cancel. Also be careful on return ticket deals as the return bus times may not suit your flight times and you may have to wait hours at the airport. Your hotel may have a good deal so ask them if they can arrange transfers for you as they have a relationship with the bus companies in case something goes wrong.
Black & White Taxis operate in Cairns Cost $190.00
Port Taxis operate in Port Douglas Cost $190.00
Make sure you book taxis even for little jobs as they can get busy. You cannot book taxis to pick you up from the airport, go to the rank. Buses and limousines are your best bet to Port Douglas. There are only 2 taxis in Port Douglas.
LIMOUSINES. (Town cars or hire cars)
Several Companies operate in the Far North Queensland region. They offer Sedans, Stretch Limousines and people movers. They can be cheaper than the taxis or the bus if you shop around.
- Prices $185 to $240 for Sedans (1 to 4 Pax).
- Prices $230 to $290 for stretches (1 to 7 Pax)
- Prices $250 to $395 for Stretches (1 to 9 Pax).
- Prices $190 to $250 for People Movers (1 to 7 Pax).
Try the following listed in alphabetical order. .
- Cairns Limousines - Website http://www.cairnslimousines.com/
Coaches and Limousines -
Phone:07 4098 5473
- Hughes Limousines - Website: http://www.hugheslimousines.com.au/ Phone: 1300 30 66 44
- Paradise Limousine Service is an owner operated business offering exclusive travel in luxury appointed Limousines. Sedan (town cars) Stretch and Super Stretch vehicles. Making your journey part of your holiday break. Non stop transfers (unless requested) between Cairns airport and Port Douglas. Up to 9 passengers in their super stretch. Further details available on thewebsite: http://www.portdouglaslimousines.com.au/ email: email@example.com or phone 0403 507 069. Bookings for this service are essential.
- Rainforest Limousines - Website http://www.rainforestlimo.com.au/
- Southern Cross Limousines - Website http://www.southerncrosslimos.com.au/
Make sure you book ahead as they can only pickup at the airport with prior bookings. If you book a sedan make sure you get one, some companies will send a people mover instead, ask questions before you book. Luggage storage can be a problem if you have lots of it so you may want to book a people mover with trailer or a stretch with trailer.
CAR STORAGE CAIRNS
Park N Fly© Cairns - Secure, Locked-up. Vehicle storage for your every day needs or when flying in/out of Cairns International Airport. It is an easy and affordable way for you to store your car/boat/trailer/camper. Operating 24/7, 365 days. All bookings can be made on
0419-421-369 or by visiting
Renting a car is another way in which you can way to travel between Cairns Airport and Port Douglas. Cairns Airport has all the majors and is serviced by licensed independent "Off-Airport" operators. You can also hire vehicles in Port Douglas after getting a bus transfer there.
Try the following.
Make sure you book ahead to ensure your rental car is ready on arrival.
It is sometimes cheaper to take out travel insurance that covers your hire vehicle and your holiday than take the insurance with the hire company. Check out travel insurance deals even on domestic holidays.
You can get hire cars from Port Douglas, so maybe get a bus from the airport to save 2 days hire on the car
- Acer (Cairns)
- Avis (Cairns & Port Douglas)
- East Coast Car Rentals (Cairns)
- Hertz (Cairns)
- Jam Jar (Port Douglas)
- Paradise Car Hire (Port Douglas)
- Port Douglas Car Hire
- Red Spot (Cairns)
- Thrifty (Cairns)