Interested in Austrian Alps?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Austrian Alps each week.
You may also be interested in these hotels within five miles of Austrian Alps:
For centuries, the Austrian Alps have been the natural destination for travelers interested in walking. It is no wonder, trails acquaint the traveler with the locals, their traditions, the hidden villages where authentic Austria happens. Take a look at some of these books that will give you an overview of the hiking possibilties of the Alps.
- Walking Austria's Alps by Jonathan Hurdle lists eleven itineraries to choose that the traveler can follow in trips of four, five to eleven days. the author also includes places to spend the night and and suggestions of mountains and valleys to explore.
- Walking Easy in the Swiss and Austrian Alps by Chet and Carolee Lipton.
- Lonely Planet Walking in the Alps by Helen Fairbarn, Gareth McCormack, Sandra Bardwell, and Grant Dixon.
- 100 Hikes in the Alps by Vivki Spring and harvey Edwards.
- Trekking and Climbing in the Western Alps by Hilary Sharp and The Alps Adventure Guide by Krista Dana are written by two very experienced hikers of the Alps. Expect to be overwhelmed by the tons of information regarding the Alps flora, fauna, festivals and food.
- Walking the Alps by Key Reynolds provides a cross country panorama of the Alps.
Hiking Maps of the Austrian Alps is an excellent slection of maps that you can have handy when planning and when on the trip across the Alps.