Interested in Madrid?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Madrid each week.
Going to Toledo by Bus
To take the bus to Toledo from Madrid, one has to go to the Estacion de Autobuses Sur (Station of Southbound Buses) on Mendez Alvaro. There is a metro stop for Line 6 at Mendez Alvaro.
Here is the website for the bus station:http://www.estaciondeautobuses.com/fr...
1. Go to that website and click on Horarios Nationals (National Timetable). Unfortunately this is only in Spanish.
2. Go to Poblacion de Destino. Click on Toledo.
3. Go to Fecha de Salida (Departure date). Put in the date. Hit the Buscar button.
4. The timetable appears and the bus company is Continental-Auto. The web page shows that the trips start at 6:00 H and there is a bus every half hour until 23:59 H. The web page of Continental Auto does not work, so one cannot buy tickets on the web.
5. The trip takes one hour if there is no traffic. When there is traffic, it can take an hour and a half.
Please note that the Continental bus service to Toledo now leaves from an underground bus station at the Plaza Eliptica Metro station. Tickets are available from a self service machine or the driver.