Interested in Granada?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Granada each week.
The Ticketmaster website enables visitors to purchase timed admission tickets. These are scheduled in 30-minute increments. Visitors can enter at any time during their 30-minute window and stay until the end of their (morning or afternoon) session. The instructions below deal specifically with Daytime Tickets. Please note that Evening Visits offer limited access to Alhambra sights as well as a shorter visiting time.
1. Go to : Ticket Master website
2. Click on "Buy ticket - General Daytime Visit".
3. Select Day of Visit: Choose a date on the calendar up to 90 days in advance. Click on "Buy tickets".4. Ticket Selection: Choose the total number of tickets for your group. Click on "Continue".
5. Time of Visit: Choose a time band of either 8:30h-1400h for the morning or 1400h-1800h for the afternoon. If you choose an afternoon entry, you can only enter the gated areas after 1400H.
From March to October, the visiting times are between 8:30 and 20:00H. From November to February, the visiting times are between 8:30 and 18:00H.
6. Choose a Time Band: The time bands are divided in 30 minute increments. This is for entry to the Nasrid Palace.7. See the special offers and compare prices. Standard - 14,30€
Minusvalias mas que 33 (People disabled with disabilities greater than 33% - This is good only for the Spanish residents because one needs a Tarjeta de Minusvalido, a Disability Card that is given by Spanish health authorities only after a medical examination and which states the degree of impairment of the person.) - Free
Jubilados (Retired - Age 65 or over) - 10€ - Note: this small concession is for European Union citizens only and if buying a discounted ticket you will need to go through the main entry in order for the ticket to be verified against proof of age and nationality (passport) and then a new ticket replacement issed otherwise the gated admission ispectors will not allow entry.
Niños menores 12 (Children less than 12 years of age. This cannot be claimed for a child who is 12 years old or older.) - FreeIf you check any of these, choose the number in each category and press the Apply Discount box. Then press the Continue box.
8. Payment Details: On the right side of the screen, the information box summarizes the ticket order. Check that the date, time and quantity are all correct.
The Entry Time is for the Nasrid Palace. If this is incorrect, go back and start the order over.
9. Complete the Contact Details and enter the credit card information, including the number of your mobile telephone. If you do not have a mobile phone, write any 9 digit number.
10. Uncheck the box for joining Club ServiCaixa. This is not necessary. DO CLICK on the box to 'Accept General Conditions' of purchase.
11. Go to the Purchase page and complete your purchase. You will receive an email confirmation (look in your junk mailbox). Be sure to print out the final ticket purchase information, which will display your entry time to the Nasrid Palace. Ticketmaster advises that tickets should be picked up at least one hour before entrance to the Nasrid Palace.
12. When you arrive at the main gate of the Alhambra, go to the building on your right, which contains the Ticketmaster/ServiCaixa machines. INSERT THE SAME CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE ONLINE and the machine will print out your tickets.
13. Remember that you can see the Generalife Gardens before the Nasrid Palace. This will allow you to manage your time so that you are at the door of the Nasrid Palace at your appointed time.
14. There is a 20 minute walk from the main entrance to the Nasrid Palace.
15. USE A CREDIT CARD THAT EXPIRES AFTER THE DATE OF YOUR VISIT TO THE ALHAMBRA. If your credit card expires before you arrive in Spain and you receive a new card from your bank, you will NOT be able to use the new card to retrieve your tickets. In this event, make sure to bring the expired card and email confirmation with you to Spain. Present these to Ticket Office at the Alhambra. They may be able to assist.
16. Be careful when you make your purchase. You cannot cancel a purchase. Refunds are not possible. This is clearly stated on the Ticketmaster website.
How do I cancel a purchase?
You cannot cancel any purchases made using the website except in the case of operating incidents. Ticketmaster is not the ticket sales entity. Ticketmaster simply makes its advanced sales system available to promoters and to the general public. The website user always buys directly from the promoter.
17. The Ticketmaster website allows purchases up to 90 days in advance. It is important to buy one’s ticket as far in advance as possible. The Alhambra is the most visited monument in Spain. It receives 3 million visitors annually and is crowded all year long, not just in the summer months. There are only 6600 timed tickets available each day.
18. If the transaction is successful, you will receive a pdf file of a transaction ticket, which you can print out. It will have the date and time of entry, your credit card information, and an ID and reference number. The transaction will be charged to your credit card immediately. If your credit card company has no record of the charge on the day of the transaction, it means the transaction was not processed.
19. The Ticketmaster website is optimized for computers running Windows. Using another operating system may create problems. Apple computers sometimes work.
20. Those unable to get tickets to the Nasrid Palace can try to buy tickets for the Generalife Gardens (7 euros).
21. If you have a problem getting tickets using the internet, you can call the phone numbers below . Give your name and credit card details.
Calling from North America and Asia 34- 934923750
Calling from Europe 0034- 934923750
Calling within Spain 902888001
22. After you have purchased tickets and before you arrive in Spain, if your credit card company issues you a new credit card, make sure to bring the old credit card with you to the Alhambra. The old card contains the record of the ticket purchase and will be required to issue the tickets.
23. If you have a problem completing your transaction, try the computer at work or try the computer of a friend. Your PC may have software that prevents the completion of the transaction. Also try different credit cards
24. The Alhambra Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts are closed on Mondays. When the museums are open, one can enter them for free, without having to buy a ticket to the Alhambra. From the ticket office, walk down the hill and follow the path close to the wall of the Alhambra. Enter through the Puerta de la Justicia (Justice Gate). You can also see the stores near the Palace of Carlos V for free.
The Morning session is between 0830hrs and 1400hrs. Your ticket will display the exact time of your entrance to the Nasrid Palace as chosen at the time of booking. If your ticket for the Nasrid Palace is for the morning session before 1230 hrs, you can no longer go to another ticketed area after 2pm which is the time the Afternoon session begins. Ticketed areas are the Nasrid Palace plus Partal Gardens, the Alcazaba, and the Generalife Palaces. The museums in the Carlos V Palace are not ticketed areas. This concession of allowing visitors entry to other ticketed areas after 2pm is not advertised and we understand that the 1230 hrs Nasrid entry time (and later) during the Morning session may be brought forward to 1130 hrs during the winter months (October 15th to March 14th) But to be on the safe side if you cannot visit the Alhambra until late morning then choose 1230 hrs or after during the Morning session and you may then have time to conclude your visit in the afternoon.
If your ticket is for the afternoon session, you cannot enter the Alhambra grounds before 1400 hrs from the gate beside the ticket office. If you are early for the afternoon session, you can go down the hill (or walk up the hill from Plaza Nueva if normal full price tickets already obtained) and look for the Puerta de la Justicia (Justice Gate), where you can enter the Alhambra grounds. You can enter the Carlos V Palace, where there are two museums, the Fine Arts Museum and the Alhambra Museum, both of which are free.
26. You can see the Nasrid Palace and the Generalife Gardens only once, since they wand your ticket when you enter each of these places.
27. Transportation to the Alhambra - One can take either Bus 30 or Bus 32 from Plaza Nueva to the Alhambra. One can also take a taxi.
28. Buying Alhambra Tickets Without Previous Reservations
Some people may arrive in Granada or another part of Spain without having reserved a ticket through Ticketmaster/Servicaixa. Servicaixa announced on July 28, 2008, that you could buy Alhambra tickets using La Caixa terminals. All La Caixa machines will allow you to buy Alhambra tickets at least one day in advance. This will prevent queues at the entrance to the Alhambra. the present procedure of reserving in advance through Servicaixa will still be in effect and is probably the best for foreigners who want to reserve in advance and are not in Spain. There are 4098 La Caixa terminals scattered over Spain and they are in the La Caixa bank offices (Open Monday to Friday from 8:15 am to 2:00 pm).
a. Provincia (Province) - Choose Granada.
b. Localidad (City or Town) - Choose Granada.
Click on Buscar Cajero and it will go to another page and show you all the terminals at your location.
The most convenient La Caixa location in downtown Granada, near the Cathedral: Acera de Darro, 54.
You put in your credit card in the terminal and the terminal knows if it is a foreign credit card, so then it gives you a selection of languages. The buying of the Alhambra tickets should then be straightforward. If you have any problem, ask help from one of the bank clerks and they will be glad to help you.29. Tickets can also be bought at the Tienda de la Alhambra shop in Granada’s city center on Calle Reyes Católicos nº 40, paying by credit card. This is a good place to pick up tickets already bought beforehand. The machine there is super simple and seems to only do one thing- no other choices like on regular machines. BUT the biggest bonus is then that you do not need to go all the way to the top entrance of the Alhambra to get in. You can enter at the Justice Gate and be very close to the Palace- This is an essential tip.
30. Most hotels will be able to buy Alhambra tickets for you if you are staying at the hotel. Apparently many tickets are reserved for hotels for availability to their clients.
31. This is the official website of the Alhambra:
One can read articles in it. Read the article “How to visit the Alhambra”. This has a map of the Alhambra and shows where to park.
32. Those who have not been able to buy tickets to the Alhambra because they were sold out can buy a Bono Turístico Granada Card. It allows entry to the Alhambra. The 3 day adult ticket costs 33.50 euros (as of May, 2013).
This website shows how one can buy the Bono card online or at different sites in Granada.
Note: This article has a copy right owned by Trip Advisor. This article should not be copied by other websites without permission from Trip Advisor.