Interested in Malaga?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Malaga each week.
Spanish Language Schools in Malaga
Every year Malaga gets about 35,000 foreign students who come to the city to study Spanish. These figures come from the government. They come from all over the world. There are 400 million native Spanish speakers in the world and foreign students want to learn Spanish because it may be beneficial to them for doing business in the Spanish speaking world, or for travel in the countries where Spanish is spoken.
Here are the reasons students come to Malaga to study Spanish:
1. The climate is mild and the best in Spain. No one wants to freeze in an inland city during winter.
2. The students enjoy the beaches of Malaga. They can study Spanish in the morning and spend their afternoons at the beach. Where else in Spain can you do this all year long?
3. The Malagueños are very friendly and love to talk. The foreign students can practice their Spanish with the Malagueños and even if they make mistakes in Spanish, the Malagueños are patient with them and enjoy correcting their Spanish.
4. Malaga is a very Spanish city and English is not heard on the streets. This is a wonderful city for complete language immersion.
5. The food is excellent in Malaga and inexpensive.
6. While Malaga is a big city, it feels like a small town and it is easy to get around by walking or taking the bus. Yet it has the sophistication of a big city and shopping is great.
But what about the accent? Students know that the purest Spanish is spoken in Valladolid, but the students are quite practical and they know that in the half year or one year they are in Malaga, they will not get any particular accent. They just want to learn Spanish. They want to learn basic Spanish. None of them are here for their doctorate in Spanish. Students realize that later in business and in life, it will be good to know Spanish.
Many students are Americans. They know that the accent here is like the accent of the Hispanic society in the U.S. They know that the conquistadores who went to the New World were from Extremadura and Andalusia. The Spanish spoken in Malaga is like the Spanish spoken in Mexico and all of South America, with slightly different accents. The accent is not important for these students at all. All their teachers at the university speak correct Spanish. That is what matters to them.
In the end, 35,000 students cannot all be wrong. Students are smart! For those interested in studying Spanish in Malaga, it would be a good idea to visit http://www.spanish-courses-in-spain.com/. The site enables visitors to compare the different schools in terms of services, extramural activities, prices, location and accommodation options.
A web search of Spanish language schools in Malaga shows these schools:
1. Malaca Instituto
2. Onspain School
3. Cervantes Escuela International
5. Alhambra Institutohttp://www.alhambra-instituto.org/
6. Malaga Sihttp://www.malaga-si.com/
7. Instituto de Español Pablo Picassohttp://www.instituto-picasso.com/
8. Malaga University
9. Instituto Andalusi de Español
10. Escuela de Idiomas Nerjahttp://www.language-school-nerja.com/
11. La Brisa Escuela de Españolhttp://www.labrisa.es/
13. Quality Courseshttp://www.quality-courses.com/spanis...
14. Quorum (Nerja)http://www.quorumspain.com/
17. Erasmus Languagehttp://www.erasmus-malaga.com/
18. Español Pro
19. Enforex Malagahttp://www.enforex-malaga.com/
22. Spanish Abroadhttp://www.spanishabroad.com/malagapl...
23. Estudio Hispanicohttp://www.estudiohispanico.com/index...
24. Spanish Language Centerhttp://www.spanishinmalaga.com/
25. Babel Idiomashttp://www.spanishcoursesandculturein...
26. Don Quijote Malaga
27. SG Spanish Immersion
28. Language Studies International
29. Linguaschools Malaga
30. La Playa Escuela de Español
31. Don-Spanish.com. Intensive Spanish in Spain
32. Agualivar Spanish School. Total Immersion. Spanish in Spain.