“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wainwright
Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here for our swim meet this summer. Staff was very helpful and informative. Rooms were very comfortable. Pool is smaller but still good. Hot tub was boiling hot. The breakfast was great!! It had hot food as well as the standard toast and coffee. Would recommend it to anyone to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LanaMorgan, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I would like to take a moment to say Thank you for leaving a review about your stay at the Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites. I will pass on the feedback with all the staff. We look forward to visiting with you when back in the Wainwright area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Alexander
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

What a fabulous hotel in a smaller community! Beds were so comfortable and it was quiet and clean. My only complaint was the breakfast could have been tastier but all in all this was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and will definitely be booking here again the next time I am in the Wainwright area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Karen,
I would like to take a moment to say Thank you for leaving a review about your stay at the Best Western Wainwright Inn & Suites. Our Vision is to surpass our guest’s expectations by showing we care in a way to earn our guest loyalty and it is reviews like yours that show my staff are truly living the vision. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hello, My name is Karen Kirkpatrick and I stay at your hotel for 7 days. However my experience stated a month before I arrived. When I called to make my reservation Jenn was amazing with helping me get the room I wanted and for a great price. When I arrived I their I think her name was Allison well she blew me away at how friendly she was and I didn't even tell her my name she greeted me as Karen which shocked me. Through out my week's stay the girls at the front desk and the cleaning staff were so friendly and helpful as I had never been to Wainwright before. Your hotel has definitely set the bar high for me when going to another hotel. I have nothing but great things to say and I have already recommended your hotel to another women going out to see her husband. Great job to all of the staff I hope I will get a chance to go back.

Room Tip: I have nothing negative to say I think any where you stay in the hotel would be great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Karen,
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western for 2 nights for business and I was very impressed with the cleanliness. My room was AMAZING! I had a jacuzzi suite all to myself :)
The breakfast was good.
I had no complaints at all... the staff was great, I had a good sleep .. I would have no problem returning!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LanaMorgan, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to my staff. I am so glad that your stay was most enjoyable. Again thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to your next visit. Lana
Lethbridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were actually quite satisfied with our stay at the Wainwright Best Western by the end of our two night stay, but the amenities we like to enjoy beyond a safe, clean and quiet night's sleep weren't always as promised. The front counter person who checked us in (about 7:00 p.m.) and checked us out (about 11:00 a.m. after two nights) was excellent. She greeted us warmly and answered all of our questions, but when she was not on duty at the front desk the service was frustrating. There was no bell on the front counter, but the other staff always seemed to be doing something else in the office area hidden from view behind the front desk. Any time we tried to have a question answered or seek assistance we felt we were a great bother -- interrupting more important business. The remote provided for the TV didn't even communicate with the TV (it was actually for the "InnVue" movie cable box, which was not even connected). We couldn't get the front counter staff to understand the problem (they just thought we were using the wrong buttons), but they did say they would send the maintenance worker. He reconnected the "InnVue" box, but then there was a terrible picture and nothing but static for sound. Since we had no intention of paying for movies anyway he offered to dig up the remote that actually came with the TV, which was fine for us. He returned with the working remote in a few minutes and we were satisfied. We finally got to see the news and the weather we like to check each morning, but the whole process used up about an hour we would have rather been using out of the hotel. Can't it be standard procedure for Housecleaning staff to power up the TV and check the channel change and volume functions as they prepare the room after each stay? If they find a problem the Maintenance staff could deal with it before the next check-in! We were also quite disappointed with the very cool temperature of the pool. As a family we choose hotels with pools, and try to swim at least once a day when a pool is available, so we feel we can safely comment on weather a pool is comfortably heated. This one was not! We could not stand to go beyond the second step into the pool - the cold water never reached our knees. We never did find anyone at the front desk as we returned to our room to ask about the pool temperature (we went for a walk instead). When we did find a front desk person on the return from our walk (the pool was closed by now), her response was essentially "oh, the pool is heated, it's between 80 and 85 F", but when I said I didn't think so she made no effort to check it herself (a walk of about 40 feet). She did say she would mention it to the Maintenance worker. The next morning after breakfast we checked the pool temperature before returning to our room, but it was still cold (although someone was making noise in the mechanical room!). The temperature never changed, and we never saw any other guests in the pool. If there was a problem, there was never a sign posted to say the pool was below a comfortable temperature. This uncomfortable pool was very disappointing to us, but that didn't seem to matter to the front counter staff we tried to convey our concerns to. This deficiency will be enough for us to choose the Ramada across the highway next time we visit Wainwright. Finally, the hotel exterior is not nearly as attractive as it appears to be on Best Western's web page for this location. At the time I write this review the picture on book.bestwestern.com is a fake! The building is as shown, but the lawn is a fake (actually a muddy vacant lot) and the parking lot is over-run with oil field work trucks. I know they are paying customers too, but hold onto your children and park carefully (or in the back). If you do get a spot near the front door (it seems the workers often return for the night before most travellers check in) it might be between two dirty, smelly work trucks, whose drivers don't seem to mind if their doors bang your car. The trucks often zoom through the parking lot with little care for travelling families with luggage and children, and the front entryway benches seem a hangout for the smokers who can't smoke in the rooms (what a lovely greeting at check in). I know these workers pay the bills in an oil town, but if their companies are getting volume discounts I feel the hotel can lay down some ground rules about parking and smoking at the entry.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel a review. I see that you had noted some concerns on your review that I would like to take the time to address. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations by showing we care in a way to earn our guests loyalty. I hope if ever back in the Wainwright area you would give us chance to earn your business.
Pool and Hot Tub temperatures are monitored daily and maintained in accordance with the local health requirements. The Pool is maintained at temperatures between 78 & 82 degrees and the Hot Tub is maintained between 98 & 104 degrees. I would like to take the time to apologise if the pool was cooler then desired.
The Best Western Wainwright does offer a limited amount of smoking rooms on site and they are all limited to the 4th floor. To best accommodate those guest that choose to smoke we provide a dedicated smoking area outside of the hotel some 40 feet from the front doors and 20 feet from the main entry path into the hotel.
I would like to take a moment to apologise that you had some concerns with your resent visit. If you would like to further discuss please feel free to contact me directly.
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here one night, and had a good experience. When I first entered the room, the floor had some areas that needed a vacuum, I brought this to their attention, and they cleaned it at once. This was nice, no waiting, the dropped what they were doing and straightened up their error. The room was spacious, modern and bright. The breakfast in the morning was good and check out was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for us. We look forward to your next visit with us. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay even better please contact me directly. Again Thank you for your kind review. Lana
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

A very well appointed hotel with excellent room amenities. Definitely a great choice for a quiet stay or while on business. Great facilities and a well appointed breakfast area. I will make this hotel the first choice when visiting this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Wainwright Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!