“The best place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Wainwright
Garden City, Kansas
“The best place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The gals at the Best Western in Wainwright are the best from the clerks to the maids. They always have a smile and a friendly greeting for you. The manager Lana, and the front desk help of Allison, Jen, and the rest of the crew were ready to do whatever it takes to make one's stay comfortable. The breakfast were great, the maids worked around our schedule as we were working night shifts and day shifts. We have plans to come back to this area and work and will most definitely be staying here. Our company travels world wide and stays in motels a considerably number of days. This Motel is the top of the class, best that we have ever been in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

You are starved for choice in this area of the province. The few (decent) hotels available fill fast. This is the heart of oil and gas country so the price is more due to tight supply and heavy demand.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. Clean and comfortable; the executive rooms are well appointed with lots of extra tea, coffee, shampoo etc. My room had microwave, fridge, which is handy for having a few extra snacks on hand. Having said that, they have a complete breakfast bar in the morning which is as good as any. The hot tub was closed for maintenance and the pool heater wasn't working which was disappointing after working out; the gym was clean and well equiped.

Finally, service was excellent; the staff really made me feel welcome. They recommended nearby restaurants (which I'd never have found/thought of on my own). One staff member knew me by name after just a 2-night stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

When booking online weere quoted a price that wasn't honored at the Hotel. 2nd time w've has issues when booking with the 1-800 number. Once we weren`t even registered. This time I verified the cost at least 3 times but was assured that was the cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We arrived here by motorcycle in the pouring rain. the young girl on reception very kindly provided some buckets (pails) of water and cloths so we could clean our grubby luggage before going to the room. After changing I was looking forward to the hot tub only to find it down for maintenance. The swimming pool was freezing cold so decided against using that also. The rooms were of average size and were clean and tidy. Breakfast was the normal selection of cereals,toast,bagels,coffee,tea etc, served in a reasonable sized eating area. Nothing major to stop me using it again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stopped here for 2 nights in June 2012, we arrived by motorcycle having ridden for 225 miles through continuous rain, we were soaked. We had originally booked 1 night but elected to stay another while we dried our clothes. On arrival we were all looking forward to a warm dip in the hot tub, it was out of order, oh well. The hotel is clean and well maintained although we found the young lady on the front desk to be surly and not very helpful, she kept repeating everything we said. The breakfast was ok, the usual eggs cereals etc. I would stay again if in the area, a good hotel failed by the staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
wainwright
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I arrived in Wainwright shortly after 16:00, 16th July. Requiring a hotel for the next two nights I pulled into the Best Western, big chain, big name, easy choice, hot tub here I come!
I cut my way through the smokers standing less than five feet from the main entrance and followed the trail of smoke into the lobby. I took my place inline and began what was to be a fifteen minute wait. Not a big line-up for two staff but the protocol of this Best Western appeared to be, one lady on check-in, the other lady looking on.
I got a double queen room and it turned out to be a good decision 'cause when I put my luggage down I can see body hair amongst the sheets of one bed; but the other was clean, all was well, time for that hot tub! Nope, the heated pool was cold and the hot tub was 99F. Forming an impression I considered crossing the street to their nearest competition. A plastic flush box, a shower curtain that serves a cosmetic value greater than its functional role and lack of a hotel directory to familiarize myself with the hotel’s amenities it was clear to me this hotel was built – and staff trained - in a hurry. There were no holes in the roof or leaks in the pipes, no dangerous obstacles in the driveway, and there were no uncompleted projects but this ship was sinking from a thousand nicks and cuts.
A working business office was the only critical component to my stay so after drying the bathroom floor with every available towel I headed to the business room. At the front desk there appeared to be a union meeting amongst staff but overhearing the sociable I learned it doubles as a break area. In any case on my second evening of using the office I got a fair share of town gossip and when their break was over, I got a nice insight on one lady’s plans for the weekend as she ironed out details over the hotel phone. These were important details to arrange, she didn’t even stop when her own cell phone was vibrating across the desk.
With no waste paper basket in the business room and third time’s a charm for faxes, by next morning I was most ready to check out. I required a split bill – not possible I’m told. I put that incompetence on par with going to a Block Buster today to rent a movie and having them say “we only have VHS in store.”
In any case I left this ship of leaks in my wake wondering if anyone was at the helm.

The day after check-out I was still without internet, as I just moved to this town, so in my error I returned to this Best Western to check my email. The same lady who checked me out of the room just 24 hrs ago was working and promptly and enthusiastically reminded me that the internet was only for guest. I didn't realize courtsey was dropped upon checkout.

Room Tip: Stay at Ramada instead - day and night difference
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
LanaMorgan, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wainwright Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear "Chris O", Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor comment based on your recent experience at the Best Western Wainwright Inn and Suites.

On behalf of the entire team we apologize for the service interruptions you cited and negatively impacted your stay at our property.

I would like to take this opportunity to address the items that you noted and would like to let you know that I attempted to contact you at the phone number that you had left on file however the recorded message indicates that number is no longer in service. In the event that you see this response please feel free to contact me at your convenience if you'd like to further discuss any of the information provided.

You had noted the following items on your Trip Advisor review (Please note "Item" refers to something you noted, "BWW" is the properties response);
Item: Smoker's at Hotel entry

BWW: The Best Western Wainwright does offer a limited amount of smoking rooms on site and they are all limited to the 4th floor. To best accommodate those guest that choose to smoke we provide a dedicated smoking area outside of the hotel some 40 feet from the front doors and 20 feet from the main entry path into the hotel.

Item: Check in experience (15 minutes)
BWW: The hotel was fully committed that evening, as a walk in guest you were greeted, served and check in within 10 minutes (tracked via time lines through the property CCTV) and were able to secure the last available room. This unusual wait was a result of the desk staff serving guests who arrived to check-in ahead of yourself with advance reservations combined with business levels associated with a sold out hotel at check-in time.
Item: Room type and reported hair issue.

BWW: As mentioned before the room type was the based on availability. We sincerely apologize for you experiencing any residual hair that may have been present. We pride ourselves on the highest standards for cleanliness and what you reported is not common and has not been a noted issue in the past. We have taken your feedback and brought it to the attention of the Housekeeping Manager and she will continue to work with her team to eliminate this happening in the future.
Item: Pool and Hot Tub temperature

BWW: Pool and Hot Tub temperatures are monitored daily and maintained in accordance with the local health requirements. The Pool is maintained at temperatures between 78 & 82 degrees and the Hot Tub is maintained between 98 & 104 degrees.

Item: Plastic Flush Box
BWW: The Flush Box equipment is commercial grade and engineered to be environmentally friendly allowing guests to conserve water by choosing the flush load.
I
tem: Guest Directory
BWW: For all guests convenience the Best Western Wainwright provides a Guest Services Directory in every room, to reduce and eliminate clutter these are stored in the desk drawer.

Item: Split billing
BWW: Your request to have a split bill was not handled properly and I apologize for that. Understanding and delivering on guests needs is key to our service strategy and providing you a bill in the manner that you requested is a reasonable expectation. We are devoting training resources to ensure that all front desk clerks are well versed in handling these types of requests going forward. If you still require assistance please contact me directly and I will help generate invoices/statements that meet your needs.

Item: Business Centre use - after departure.
BWW: Understanding guests needs is important to the staff of the Best Western Wainwright and we are always happy to help guests current and past. In this case we would have been happy to accommodate your needs, even as a post stay or return visitor. Ensuring all registered guest have priority to hotel amenities and are secure in the hotel environment is a key thrust of our service. As a recently departed guest we would welcome you back to utilize these virtual amenities until your home Internet was set up...a simple request through the Manager's office would have provided the basic approvals needed.

The Best Western Wainwright takes great pride in our facility and services. We sincerely hope that when you next require accommodation in Wainwright, for yourself, friends, family or a colleague that you afford us the opportunity to deliver our usual brand of hospitality.

Lana Morgan
Petawawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I am military, was being transferre from Alberta to Ontario. Durring the hole trip accross the country , I have to say that this Best Western was the cleanest. I would also like to thank Lana Morgan " Hotel manager " ,she was most pleasent to deal with. I would also like to thank the staff for being curtious and extreamly helpful.

P.S. : Way better then the Best Western in Regina. My room smelled like a brewery.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Still looking for a hotel?