“The only place where you can get a delicious healthy meal, 1/2 your plate vegetables, 1/4 carbs ,1/4 protein” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante 11 Scalini

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prince Albert
Transit: Near Vendome Metro Station
Description: We pride ourselves in preparing excellent food, outstanding service, a great wine list in a clean and elegant decor all at a very reasonable price.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a quiet restaurant , great for conversation, with delicious food ,particularly the grilled vegetables. You can easily get a delicious meal with a healthy portion of vegetables, varied protein and a small serving of carbs.......or a pasta load if that is your preference! This should be a go to place if you live or are staying in the neighbourhood.

• Visited February 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Below Ground - Above Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

December 28th shortly after a record 45 cm of snow fell on Montreal we ventured out to take photos of Sherbrooke Street West in Westmount. After getting some great photos of sidewalks covered in knee high snow and a video of the Westmount snow removal team doing the "dance of the disappearing snow" we wanted a warm place to sit and a light but filling meal to eat. We saw the tent sign propped up by the door to a basement room and took a chance.
A few steps down took us to a cheerfully decorated Italian restaurant where we were greeted by old world charm and directed to a comfortable table once we had surrendered our heavy parkas for storage. My wife had an arugula and prosciutto pizza while I ordered sausage and pasta. First out were two bruschetta's, crunchy bread-straws to accompany a hearty Italian bean soup. Perfect for the weather. The pizza was light, slightly salty and savoury - very good. The sausages turned out to be home-made by the chef's father. What a treat! The ones I had were dense and full of flavour, some of the best I've enjoyed since coming to Montreal.
Overall a great lunch experience - highly recommended.
Owner /Chef: Robert Narduci - I asked.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Great Italian food in Westmount”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I had a very positive dining experience at this restaurant last Sunday.

We found the food excellent and tasty( she said it was the best tasting linguine vongole she has ever had) and she has tasted many, we also found the service to be above par.

The ambience was also pleasant with very reasonable noise levels.

This restaurant was an excellent find, especially on a Sunday night when many Italian restaurants
are closed, and I would recommend for anyone looking for a terrfic Italian meal in the Westmount/NDG area.

We will be returning in the near future.

• Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Mixed feelings on 11 Scalini..but a lot of potential !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Eleven steps down (hence, the name 11 Scalini) and we entered a lovely small restaurant. The decor was very tasteful with a mixture of leather banquettes and separate tables, very tastefully done. Seating was not a problem as the restaurant was not crowded. We were approached quickly by a waiter, who said he was also the chef. Both my companion and I selected from the "special lunch menu", a reasonably priced, all inclusive, $ 16.00 meal with the main course of cannelloni stuffed with meat in a rose sauce. The green salad was nicely presented with a light oil and vinegar dressing, very good. The cannelloni was excellent. The roll and bread sticks were put on the table before we had the salad. The roll was fine, very average, but the, I think, homemade bread sticks were hard..I think they were stale !! Coffee and desert were included. Coffee was excellent, but they ran out of the desert a fruit cup and only had some kind of chocolate "bar" with fruit sauce. It turned out to be a small piece of what seemed to be a type of "mousse" pie. We couldn't figure out what it tasted like, it was chocolate with another flavor which we couldn't actually decipher !! We both decided we weren't too crazy about it !! The young waitress, we had throughout the meal, was very pleasant and friendly. After my friend had paid the bill, one of the male staff..not sure if he was the manager or what, came rushing over to tell her that we had espresso coffee , which we had not ! We had the regular coffee which was included in the meal. I thought this was not very businesslike on his part, as he was insinuating that we should have been charged more ! He then apologized. So you can see that there were some very positive feelings about this restaurant, but there were also a few negatives. Because of the nice atmosphere of the place and the location in trendy Westmount, I feel I would like to give this place another try, hope they straighten out some of the negatives.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Great meal... On most days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This restaurant is in Westmount and is in the basement. But once you enter the establishment, you can't tell. The decor is pleasant, the staff as well, and once you start reading the menu, you won't care that there is no view (not that Sherbrooke Street offers anything worth viewing in that area).
The chef serves up tasty Italian dishes. You are usually welcomed with wonderful polpette (meatballs) in a tasty tomato sauce, compliments of the house. It's a great place to start the meal.
If they are preparing the lamb when you are there, I strongly recommend it: it falls off the bone!
My only disappointments with meals in this restaurant have occurred recently and only on Sundays. Not sure what was going on in the kitchen but the menu was less inspired (for my palate, anyways) and quite salty. But I keep going back because the memory of those perfect meals far outweighs those occasional disappointments.

Worth trying!