“Hotel excellent for business” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Otterbach
Bahnhofstrasse 153, 74321 Bietigheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bietigheim
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Hotel excellent for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Each time I am in that hotel it is for business.
Room are big and clean as well as the bathroom.
Restaurant for diner and breakfast are excellent.
I never have time to see the surronding or when I run it is dark!
It is 20 min walking distance from inner city Bietigheim.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here with some colleagues whilst working with Porsche in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, and had such a mixed experience.

There are two buildings separated by a relatively quiet road, the reception and what I presume are the nicer rooms are located on one side, and the grottier rooms and restaurant on the other.

My room was a pretty grim double. It was very dated, and although I'm sure it was clean you just couldn't help but feel it was a bit grubby. The bathroom was in need of an update but was generally fine. My colleagues both ended up with single rooms which were equally grotty - curtains that consisted of a small piece of opaque material hanging over a small portion of the window, and a hideous 1970's tiny bathroom with just a shower.

The worst thing for me, however, was the stench of cigarettes. The rooms are non-smoking, and I understand that the hotel can't control what people do in their rooms, but the corridor and then my room would reek of cigarettes at certain times of the day.

In their defence, the hotel are in the process of renovating, so I'm sure in a year or so when they're finished it will be fine again. But right now it's just tired and smelly.

On the upside, the staff were lovely and really helpful, there's a sauna that you can use if you give them half and hours notice to warm it up, the wifi was free and reliable and the breakfast was the best continental selection I've had in a long while.

The restaurant's food was consistently good (we ate there twice) however the service was not. On our first evening the waiter was helpful but pushy, and tried to keep the change from our bill, which was way more than 10%, without even offering it back. The next evening we had a few drinks in the bar, and when we tried to order one last round at 10:30 the (same) waiter told us that they closed at 11 so he couldn't serve us anymore drinks and we would have to go across the road and ask reception for them. He stuck to his guns when tried to point out how ridiculous this was, but eventually barked our order at the poor girl behind the bar and proceeded to serve us our last round in a right strop.

We had a VIP guest joining us for our last evening there, and were booked into the hotel restaurant for ease, so I flagged our bar experience to the reception staff that morning. Lo and behold the service that evening was exquisite! The food, as always, was fantastic, the waitress who served us was knowledgable and entertaining and the grumpy waiter even managed to crack a smile (although it wasn't hard to sense his hatred for us!)

All in all a really mixed experience but I would give this hotel the benefit of the doubt and stay there again, just making sure that I was on the reception side of the road!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vlierden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Otterbach is divided in a main building and a new building, the main building is now under renovation and if the style will be the same as the new building it will be nice. I had a single room on the top floor, it had already been renovated, nice bathroom, very clean. Enough space in the bedroom only in my eyes the bed was a bit small, i know it is a single room but still I would prefer a bed that is a bit bigger. Nice desk, flatscreen tv and free wifi. Everything ok, everything apart from the lights inside the room, these where very bright, not a real cosy atmosphere. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant, normally I would go out, but around the hotel there is not much action so decided to eat in. Had a very good meal, with a nice german beer, also at a very reasonable price. The breakfast in the morning was included in my room rate. It was very good, a lot of choices, no complaints there. Would I go back? Yes I guess so all in all it was a good experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Copenhagen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occations for business, and tried both the old and new rooms. All the rooms are ok clean, but if you are looking forward to sleeping in the dark without the streetlight bothring you, then this is not the hotel. All the rooms are only equipped with the "diffuser" curtains, and not proper black curtains where you can block out all the light.

Resturant is fine, and staff are very nice. Wifi is free, but not so fast, and there are not reception in all the rooms.
However, the value for money is good for this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Warwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

...there are two parts to this hotel, an older part which is above a decent restaurant and a newer part across the street. I was put in the old part for nearly 2 weeks. I cannot comment on the newer rooms but what let my room down was that it was tiny, (an old fashioned CRT TV didnt help on space either) and noisy with the window open. It is on a busy main road and beyond that there is a rail yard therefore expect noise well into the night. If you close the window then the room heats up rapidly as there is no ventilation but it does cut the noise. There is an aircon unit above the bed but its all or nothing and not ideal if you want some sleep. The decor was tired and the sink drain smelled bad in my room. On the more positive side, the rooms are kept clean, the bed was quite comfy and the breakfast good. The restaurant as mentioned offers excellent food but ain't cheap. There is the old town if you dont mind a bit of a walk, otherwise not much else unless you drive. A garage next door for provisions and a supermarket 100yards down the road. My company puts a lot of customers and employees in here. I would expect better for the money to be honest.

Stayed May 2013
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I visited Bietigheim in February with temperatures as low as Minus 14 deg C. The rooms had excellent heaters, WiFi Free at breathhtaking speed 54 MBPS. The breakfast as a part of tariff had lot of choice. The hotel staff were very courteous and helped me a lot in identifying shopping areas and also in walking directions much shorter than google maps to my employer's German office. Housekeeping was excellent and Laundry service was very prompt.

• Stayed February 2012
Beverwijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had to go to an auction in the city and this hotel was recommended by the auction house.

The hotel is divided in 2 parts, the old hotel with restaurants and a new building with new rooms.
I got a room in the new part and was pleasantly surprised, spacious room with an excellent bed and a very modern bath room with full amenities. A nice big flatscreen and free WIFI. It is a very quit hotel, inside the room you hear no noise from outside.

I had both lunch and dinner and the food was excellent, good choice of menu and a nice wine selection.

Only minuspoint was the breakfast which started on 8.00 which in my opinion is too late, even for the Saturday morning, so I had to leave without this as I had a ling trip by car back to Holland.

But I will certainly come back here again on my next auction trip.

Room Tip: always ask for a comfort room in the new building