“Great vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Port-Salut
New York
“Great vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is a great hotel! Considering that I am in Haiti, it felt as though I was in Club Med. Everyone is very friendly. The room and view is absolutely breathtakinging beautiful. The entertainment was a lot of fun. I had the internet so I wasn't cut off from the outside world. I would recommend it to all of my friends.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My stay at Dan’s Creek Hotel was awesome! I had so much fun ... This hotel has so much to enjoy. The View is beautiful; the place is very warm and cozy. , it's a very clean and classy Hotel. It is very relaxing. The rooms are nice, with a/c, flat screen, wifi and hot water. The food is very good and the service as well. The New Year party was a blast The Owner had a firework show right in the ocean at midnight. Lots of great food and music, for me it was the Best New Year Ever....
Great crew! They always had a smile. Keep up the good work. Thank you Katia I applaud your decor.
I definitely will go back there again

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My wife and I had visited the hotel on December 24th for the first time. As a travel agency owner, I was very impressed with the quality of service, the accomodations, and especially the warm welcome we received from the owners Dan and his wife who were constantly looking after the guests in the hotel. The gingerbread hotel is done in very good taste and particularly suited for the island, casual and very relaxing on the beach. The food was fresh and delicious. All in all, we enjoyed it very much and we can't wait to go back again next year.

Room Tip: The suites are larger and very confortable on the second and third floors
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Petit Goave , Haiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

It is one of my favorite places in Haiti . It is very relaxing , single rooms are not so big but nice ,with a/c , flat screen, wifi and hot water , lucky if you get the balcony view.
The food is very good and the service as well. It is not the cheapest, but compared to other places in Haiti , it is not one of the best. I've been there several times and i always enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Almere-Stad, Flevoland, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

In agreement with most, and yea it can be seen as isolated, but thats the idea as far as am concerned. It a long trek from PaP, but it definately worth it. I found this small family run hotel has a lot to offer but can do more in my opinon. For me the evenings by the bar can be a bit more inviting by encouraging dancing and better food. The food was a little dissapointed i mean this is food i can get anywhere in Petion Ville. Evinx, Katia and son, i found them very warm and friendly and wish them well. Thank you for a great stay. But like i said the hotel has the potential to offer more.

Room Tip: I thought the suits are great, go size and well laid out.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
P-A-P
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

In a few words avoid at all cost this hotel. BAD SERVICE: The owner is very impolite and give a very bad service to his client. BAD FOOD: During our stay everyone from our party got food poisoning. BAD ROOM: The room cleanness was awful and the smell was disgusting.

We had such a bad experience that during our stay we've decided to change hotel. We went to Naz Inn hotel in Port-Salut which was by far better.

Finally, don't go to Dan's Creek

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
ksim0872, Manager at Dan's Creek Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Dan's Creek Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best experience and service has always been our mission. We have taken note of your experience and hope that you will find next time that your stay with us is a time of relaxation and enjoyment.

If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Shannon
Dan's Creek Manager
toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

A small family-run hotel (with 14 rooms) in Port Salut, is quite an oasis. This place is a refuge and is beautiful demonstrating the possibility of a different Haiti.

Drive slowly as you go up to Port Salut, otherwise you will miss it as there is no sign. We were new to the area so we were very lost.

A standard room (which is quite small) is $135 plus taxes, and perhaps for longer stays they can reduce it. This price includes 2 meals a day (but certain items are not included e.g. beverages, lobster, shrimp etc.). All rooms have lots of wood paneling and tiled floors, hot water, AC and satellite TV. The internet is pretty good, but when it rains it does not work.

Food is quite good - ask for their home-made Piman bouk blendee which is superb! A favorite meal of mine was the herring and maiis breakfast, usually served on Saturdays.

A few items that need attention/consideration:

1. Housekeepers do clean the room, but they do move items around, even when you ask them not to do that. One or two days the room was not cleaned, even though I asked them to do this. Water and soaps are also carefully managed, which should be more plentiful in the rooms. I always had to ask them to PLEASE bring these items. Tips them as this seems to get them motivated!

2. Pool area - it is cute but needs some upgrading, and not always very clean, many bugs and random fauna are in the pool.

3. Dogs - there are 4 of them on the premise. And they do have lots of energy. I am not a dog person, so I found it difficult with them running around especially during meal time and in the restaurant, managing these animals to a certain part of the hotel would be better - especially for guest who are not used to having animals around when one is eating.

4. Room service - There is a strict rule against this, but having a fridge or this service would be good especially when it rains or in the evenings. I was on business alone so sometimes I prefer eating in my room and not with random groups. More flexibility or change in this policy would be ideal.

I would like to visit the place again, but not having one's vehicle or a nearby airport after a long international flight makes it tricky to get there. There are AC buses that take you to Cayes, but getting to the bus/taxi stations will take efforts that most tourist are not ready for. Too bad, the area does not have a bus direct from airport to the various hotels in Port Salut.

Bravo Dan and family for a lovely place!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Dan's Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!