“Steak is to die for.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Steak is to die for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I have ate here twice. Once for sunday lunch and one for dinner. Both times i had steak. One was a big sirloin and the other was a steak sandwich. Beautifully cooked and prepared. I cant wait to a return visit...

• Visited May 2013

Ballymore, Ireland
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have been here many timse before but just recently last Friday night - food as always was lovely and the service was perfect. If you are loking for a nice meal, for exceptional value in a restauarant that always has a lovely atmosphere - this is the perfect place. Try the tobacco smoked onions - to die for!!

• Visited June 2013
Athlone, Ireland
“Country Style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Enjoyed a family meal in Egans. Lovely old style pub and restaurant, off the beaten track, but not far off. Great food and good variety on the menu. Short but adequate wine list. Young children with us were welcome and well catered for (just note that for day-time meals you are likely to encounter several). Staff cheery and helpful. Treat yourself to an excellent pint of the "black stuff" in the bar, before (or after) your meal, while the driver goes for a stroll!.
Only criticism - service was slow, with long periods between courses. Parking is a bit random, but you should find space reasonably close.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, friendly staff and good value tempered by poor table position”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Heading says it all really. We like this venue and have eaten there before - often. As before the food and service was good and value is also good.

One piece of advice if you are visiting; avoid that table situated in the middle of the room with customers and waiting staff all squeezing past you ... in what seems like a constant stream.

I was disappointed on the night as we had made a reservation and we weren't the last to arrive. On future visits (and we will go back) I will make sure to specify NOT that table.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant and I was not disappointed. I first visited on a trip to Ireland last December and was blown away by the quality of the food. I was visiting recently and took my mum out for Easter Sunday dinner. Two of us had steak and it was melt in the mouth, my mum had the salmon and it was brilliant. My daughter had chicken from the children's menu and the quality puts other children's menus in the shade. We had starters so did not have room for pudding - this was a shame as they looked amazing. I will be back and this time will not have a starter so I can sample the puddings. The service was great and wine prices very reasonable - we will definitely be back. Can't believe I have been visiting Moate for the last 20 years have only just discovered this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013