First time visit to the horse and farrier, but hope it wont be the last! From the moment of arrival, we were warmly welcomed by Jooles and her team, we were efficiently booked in and taken to our room, very comfortable with a lovely view, very clean too. Lunch and dinner exceeded all expectations, very hearty meals indeed. Jooles and staff are exceptional, cannot do enough for you, found it very heart warming that we were remembered by our Christian names and not simply as guests, made us feel very at home. The horse and farrier is delightful, traditional old charm, immaculately kept and maintained. location is superb for a variety of high and low level walks, we ventured up blencathra on this occasion. We must thank Jooles for Andrews birthday cake and for making a fuss, it was a real treat. The sister pub "the Sally" is across the road, more modern but still a delight. Both pubs have very happy and friendly staff who look after you so well. One thing to be aware of, the pubs cannot charge to your room, so for dinners etc you need to "pay as you go"- a minor inconvienience. Fantastic gem in the lakes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1688 this traditional Lakeland Inn with its slate flagged floors, beamed ceilings and open fire retains all the character you would expect from this popular village pub. Situated at the foot of Blencathra in the beautiful village of Threlkeld with views towards Skiddaw & Helvellyn this really is the place relax and enjoy the beauty of the Northern Lake district. The Horse & Farrier is committed to serving food and drink of excellent quality amidst informal surroundings. We have an excellent reputation in the Lake district for serving home cooked Fayre either in our intimate restaurant or cosy bar. Our menus are interesting and varied with vegetarians well catered for. We have two pubs in the village which cater for every occasion,two cottages and 14 well appointed bedrooms. Jooles & the team look forward to welcoming you to The Horse & Farrier & The Salutation Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Horse & Farrier Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horse & Farrier Hotel Threlkeld
- Horse And Farrier Inn
- Horse & Farrier Inn Threlkeld, England - Cumbria