“Great food shame about the Spa” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Spas
Attraction Details
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Great food shame about the Spa”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have to say I was really disappointed with this Spa day. I have obviously been lucky enough to go other luxurious and more relaxing places.
We did not have a great start as they messed up the time, but the therapist was good but cut the treatment short.
This is more like a leisure club and community cafe than luxury spa.
The cafe, treatment rooms and two small lounges are on one level, you then go down stairs to the pool and fitness area. The changing room for guests is small no toilets or sinks, very odd. Everyone needs the loo when they arrive! and guests made comments about going in the showers as their we're none.
We were given flimsy cotton robes which is January and with the layout of the Spa is just not adequate, we were freezing and had to go and put clothes on underneath.
The lunch was delicious no problems there at all. It is served in a lovely small dining room, the best part
The pool is small As this was a Saturday, it was like a children's swimming pool, this is a members club, all facilities are used by the public. On a Saturday the only time kids are not allowed in the pool is from 1-2 pm. We specifically went at this time and it had three families. Check when booking for other days when the adult only times are.
There are only three beds to lie on around the pool. The is a small jacuzzi that only fits four people in. The lounge area has free juice and fruit teas with six small sofas.
There is a large cafe which is open to all the club members which is noisy, here you can buy tea and coffee and cakes ect... Personally I think tea and coffee should be free.
I would not go backs again to this Spa not relaxing , no real luxury and poor facilities

Visited January 2013

Wainscott
“Overall pleasant and relaxing day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I bought a package from Wahanda and was a little apprehensive about booking it up since I bought it from a third party site. However it was extremely easy to organise and the person that sorted it all out our spa day very easily. They were very pleasant and answered all my questions. I was most impressed with the fact that as it was a snow day I could cancel and reorganise for another day.

Contrary to other reviews I found the pool very warm and cosy. With the snowy weather conditions outside it was perfect! It was on the small side though. If you had any more than three people swimming up and down you’d run into trouble. The sauna was good and the Jacuzzi was in good working order.

The relaxation rooms were fine and when we got there early in the morning they were tidy and well stocked up with towels and fruit. The only problem was every time someone was being shown around the complex the door would open and as everyone one says as it’s a heavy fire door it does make quite a bit of noise every time it opens and closes.

The full body massage treatment was very good. The consultation was considerate and I felt very relaxed the whole time. I really appreciate it when the beauty therapist doesn’t talk too much and she really got on to the job at a very professional level. I felt so good after the treatment!

The cream tea was very fancy and I liked the huge selection of teas (including one called a ‘Russian Caravan’. They did however forget to give us our champagne (as it was a champagne spa package) When I enquired at the front desk they were very good and were keen to rectify this with either another drink or provide us with the champagne.

Although I never used them their sports facilities were very modern. They have a newly opened fitness zone which looked great (picture added)

Overall a very good day. It wasn’t absolutely amazing but what they had there was pleasant and enjoyable.

Visited January 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A Spa Day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

My Wife bought me a Love you from Me Spa Day for my birthday, finally got round to using the voucher and the booking process was excellent, we also changed to the following week due to illness and that was fine as well. We arrived and the staff were friendly but a little distant, the girl showed us around and left us to it. Our thoughts were that the spa areas were in need of a little TLC, but not dirty, and the atmosphere was defiantly lacking. The staff were good but very young and needed a more mature person to be in charge. The champagne lunch was excellent and now in the new dining area next to the coffee lounge. Overall an enjoyable day but not to the high standards we were expecting.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Went for a spa day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I went with 5 friends for a spa day with the Elevenses package. Reception staff were very welcoming when we first came in. The facilities were extremely good. Everything was very clean and well kept. Staff were very accommodating and helpful throughout. Elevenses was primarily meat and fish based but they did accommodate me being vegetarian with doing a cheese bagel. Quality of food and drink was very good.

Only room for improvement was that it was a little bit too cool in the relaxation rooms and around the spa area although the pools were a lovely temperature. It just meant that when you got out of the pools it was quite cold to be just in a dressing gown and swimwear.However that would not put me off returning!

“Dirty and no atmosphere.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I was disappointed in the standard of the facilities at this spa. The pool area was very dirty, my friend actually got out the pool as she felt it was too unclean to swim in ! We could not sit in the sauna as there was a very dirty smell in it and I could not have a shower as there was huge clumps of hair in it. The amber room was meant to have tea / drinks and fresh fruit to eat however I refused to sit in there as there was dirty cups everywhere and no fruit. Strongly recommend not to go here, I have been to much nicer spas.