“Just perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fawkham
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom
“Just perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

A well needed night away with a friend, treated like royalty, food out of this world, facilities that kept us busy - lovely swimming pool, squash court and tennis courts. would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone. :).

• Stayed June 2013
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review, and taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. It is so pleasing to read that your stay with us was 'Perfect'. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team and in particular the kitchen brigade.
Once again thank you for your recommendation and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa again in the future.

Andrew Oxby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Worthing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I booked this accommodation to fit in with my husbands birthday present of a drivning experience at Brands Hatch race course.

We were booked in for 2 night and had a full body massage booked on the first day. My letter for the massage advised that we were booked in for 2 however the booking was at 3 this was fine as it meant we could use the rest of the spa before hand.

The only issue we had with the hotel and spa was that the jacuzzi and hydor pool was not working on any of the days that we were booked in.

The hotel room was lovely very clean and spacious.

The breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

Naturally I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I hope that your husband enjoyed his birthday driving experience at Brands Hatch race circuit which is only 5 minutes away from the hotel.

I am sorry that the jacuzzi was not working during your stay, it has now been repaired, however please accept my apologies for this, and I was pleased to read you enjoyed the rest of the spa during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Kind regards
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our friends wedding. We booked months in advance and got a great deal.
On arrival we were met at reception by a friendly face. Nothing was too much trouble.
The room and bathroom though on the small side were beautiful and extremely clean. My only complaint would be that it was a little too warm and had no air con.
We had a wonderful stay, we would highly advise anyone to stay here and we would use hand picked hotels again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

I was pleased to note that the team provided a warm and welcoming service and that you had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend Brandshatch Place Hotel, and Hand Picked Hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa in the near future when we can assure you of our very best attention again.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We spent a lovely celebration of my cousins wedding here with a delicious wedding reception and comfortable overnight stay followed by a buffet breakfast. Then a very warm morning swim in the spa!! The car park did seem very narrow and rather small but made up by the presence of lovely grounds.

Room Tip: Do not have a room where you can hear the beer barrels being moved in the middle of the night
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us when celebrating your cousins wedding and had the opportunity to make full use of our facilities.

We are in the process of reviewing our car park spaces and we will be creating a further car park with additional spaces later this year without impacting on our grounds.

We hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Regards
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had our wedding at Brandshatch Place on 26th May. The grounds and venue were spectacular but the staff really made the day that extra bit special.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who couldn't do enough to make our day special. We were lucky enough to have Kenny as our events manager for the day. I cannot speak highly enough of the man. A true gentlemen who genuinely cared that our day was memorable. He was funny entertaining and was on hand to assist the whole way. Not only that, in the morning at breakfast he even fed my severely disabled dad and took complete care of him like he was his own family. Thanks Kenny and thanks Brandshatch Place. A great place with great staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Many congratulations on your recent wedding!

Thank you for your review and comments placed on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your special day with us and it was so memorable. Thank you for your feedback and I will ensure that they are passed on to the team and in particular Kenny who looked after you.

On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your 1st anniversary if not before, and may I take this opportunity to wish you both every happiness for the future.

Ringwood, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been lucky enough to have spent between 2 and 5 nights a week at this amazing hotel in the Kent countryside. It is one of the Hand Picked Hotels, which are infamous for their quality and beauty. I have worked in Kent for 6 years and because I live in the New Forest, I have been forced to live out of a suitcase for much of that time. But the team at BrandHatch Place Hotel have made that period more than just bearable - they have made the whole experience relaxed and restful and a perfect second home for my jaunts away. Right from the General Manager all way through the whole team, the standard of service has been top notch and nothing has ever been too much. They are a credit to Julia Hands and her management team and I cannot say anymore about how lovely this hotel is and the team that will look after you during your stay. In fact every Hand Picked Hotel has the same ethics and quality and you would be hard pressed to find a chain of hotels that offers the same level of service.

Micky Chilman

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Micky

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your views on Trip Advisor about Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, and Hand Picked Hotels. We have really enjoyed building up the relationship and rapport with you as we aim to do with all of our guests to try to ensure you are as comfortable as possible during your stay with us, creating a 'home from home' experience.

I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team, and you will be dearly missed. We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Hand Picked Hotels, maybe for pleasure rather than business in the future!

Kindest regards
Romford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have just returned from a 1 night spa break to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday here, having checked into the spa on day 1, it's pretty clear that the place is trying to be both spa and health club for locals at same time, we were in the minority of people walking around in robes and slippers, it was mainly full of mums and their babies, I'd go as far as saying it was clearly their local meeting place for a natter!. We had a lovely back massage first, then went for a swim, the pool is tiny, and is a liner pool which is all rucked up underfoot, if there's more than 4 in the pool at a time then you can't really swim, plus, there were screaming kids in it both days, shame, Iv nothing against children, I have 4 of my own but was away on a break and didn't want to hear this noise in a spa! The hydrotherapy pool is tiny too, and was running cool at our time of visiting. The relaxation room with beds is a no go as completely full on both of our days here. We had afternoon tea, which although very nice, is most definitely not worth £30 for 2!. We then checked into the hotel, we had been upgraded which was a lovely touch to an executive room and the room was faultless, spacious and very well appointed. Dinner was also georgous! Restaurant area has a lovely classy feel to it, and waiters attentive. We thought the drinks were pretty pricey but then that's what you get in a nice hotel. We retired for the night and slept well. Then it really let itself down. Breakfast was dismal to say the least, the waiter we were served by, although pleasant, was a bit odd, had unironed trousers on, no teeth, unkempt hair and could talk the hind legs off a donkey! He in fairness, got our cooked breakfast order correct as he read it back to us, the chef however, got it wrong twice, then when finally it was correct I found mine almost in edible, it had been kept hot, the bacon was dried up and rock hard, my scrambled eggs were stuck to the plate and the hash browns were over fried, my husband was looking forward to the advertised black pudding but when his plate arrived without it, he was told they don't bother getting it in anymore as hardly anyone wants it! Well take it off the menu then! We checked out after breakfast, and as we complained, we did in fact receive a refund for the breakfast. I hope they took our comments on board as it really was poor. We went back to the spa, had an eye treatment which again was lovely, but as it was a Friday it was very busy with local members and so quite difficult to use the facilities, I was disappointed with this. In all, I think the hotel is very nice, but I wouldn't go here expecting a proper spa experience, the place is just over run with mums in gym gear carrying babies. Plus, the lady on the spa reception was pretty off and unhelpful, not at all welcoming. Conclusion - nice hotel, but not a proper spa, more a hotel with a local gym full of members attached to it. But hotel staff were very nice and hotel itself lovely. :)

Room Tip: Room 8 is nice!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, however apologies if the spa facilities were not to your preference, and that this facility fell short of your expectations. We do not open to the public however we do have private members being a Health Club & Spa. It is pleasing to note that you really enjoyed your spa treatments.

Finally I am sorry that we have failed on this particular occasion to deliver the standards and service expected during breakfast, and with the refund received, please accept my apologies for our errors and I will be discussing your feedback with the Food & Beverage team to ensure there is no repetition for the future.

Thank you once more for your time. I do hope that you will choose to return and if so I would be grateful if you could let me know directly so I can personally oversee your booking.

Kind Regards
Andrew Oxby

Been to Brandshatch Place Hotel? Share your experiences!