Pacific Bay Resort was the perfect way to end our vacation in Panama. Imagine a secluded tropical location accessible only by 20 min boat ride, in the middle of a tamed jungle with three white sand, isolated beaches, with comfortable cabins and the friendliest staff you will find anywhere. That is Pacific Bay! Owned by a former Boston resident (Frank) we makes you feel right at home along with the rest of the welcoming staff who work to make sure you have a relaxing vacation.
Highlights of our time at Pacific Bay Resort:
- On one of the 3 secluded beaches of the resort, the only two people there, peacefully hanging in hammocks hung especially for us in the shady spot of our choosing
- The sunset from the main house/restaurant
- The personalized tour of the property by Frank
- Petting a baby deer who Frank and the staff have befriended
- Listening to howler monkies while falling asleep
- Sea kayaking in the aqua blue ocean (if we had been a bit braver, we could have gone to nearby deserted island to explore)
- THE FOOD! The amazing Chef Andy made us the most delicious food we found in Panama! My favorite was the poached pear for dessert, the home-made foccacia bread, and fresh fruit for breakfast. And it's included in the price!
It is off the beaten path, so it takes some effort to get there . . . but that is part of the point! It is also an extremely good value (Frank specifically created this place as an affordable option for the average person to be able to enjoy). The resort does a lot to support the local community, which made us feel great about spending time here as tourists.
Will DEFINITELY be back!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pacific Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Bay Hotel Punta Bejuco
- Pacific Bay Resort Panama/Punta Bejuco