We are most probably an untypical kind of guest on a 5 star island since our interest is mainly under water. I have always heard from friends that combining perfect diving and an exclusive luxury resort is impossible. This is not the case at Hideaway. The reefs are in a very good condition and the marine life is healthy one call tell (masses of fishes, diving is like in an aquarium and most of the time we were lucky with the visibility). We were also very positively suprised about the good quality of the house reef. Life on the Island, the villas, the butler concept, the service in the diving center, on the diving boat, the breakfast (as already mentioned a couple of times in other reviews) cannot be better. Being in Island Hideaway is like being in paradise!
Of course we have been extremely lucky with having Naoual as our personal butler. She more than fulfilled all our wishes, her happy character, passion and professionalism added very much to our "paradise feeling". We were also most happy with our room boy Waheed who can make a bed look like a honeymoon cake (absolutely overwhelming). But not to forget the whole diving crew led by Sandra who really did their utmost to make us happy be it on the boat or under water. We were even lucky to see such rather seldom species as a guitar shark which made us all freak out (including Sandra).
Our daily routine visits included the Meeru Bar where we enjoyed excellent cocktails. As far as the food is concerned we liked the Gaafushi best (especially the Indian menues). The Grill at Meru bar can be improved with respect to the quality of meat, but alsoto the salad buffet. Also the food at Mathifaaru was mixed. Another small negative point are the "stoneage" bycycles. Prices are on the very upper limit but taking into account the logistic complexity one has to live withit I guess. How else would it be possible to offer such a huge variety for breakfast like 15 different fruits & juices and a Sushi and Sashimi buffet...
We wish Mr. Michael Wieser and his crew all the best with his efforts to maintin this little paradise in the middle of the Indian ocean. Thanks to all that made our stay a wonderful dream. Dr. Eva Mössl, CH-6212 St. Erhard
- Also Known As:
- Island Hideaway Spa, Resort And Marina
- Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina Hotel
- Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina Hotel Haa Aliff Atoll
- Island Hideaway Hotel Marina
- Island Hideaway Resort Marina
- Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina Maldives/Haa Aliff Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island Hideaway at Dhonakulhi Maldives, Spa Resort & Marina is a new luxury boutique resort situated on the privately-owned uninhabited virgin island of Dhonakulhi, North Maldives, Indian Ocean. The resort was opened on 1st August 2005 as a 5 Star resort with 8 types of spectacular guest villas. Our marina is the first of its kind in the Maldives. The Island is a haven of peace, tranquillity and serenity. The Island Hideaway is the only resort in the entire Haa Alif and Haa Dhaalu Atolls of the North Maldives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Island Hideaway Spa, Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.