“Good times.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Basilico International

Basilico International
106 Rhine road | attached to Atlantis Casino, Cupecoy Bay NA, St Maarten-St Martin
+1 721-545-3665
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, International, Healthy, Pasta, Fusion
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Authentic Italian cuisine with special international and vegetarian dishes offered by two renowned Italian chefs. Love and passion for cooking are the reasons of success behind our restaurant. Cozy ambience with indoor and outdoor seating; open wine cellar with wide variety of wines to complement your dinner. Our management and staff are ready for you to make it a perfect night out.
London, United Kingdom
“Good times.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014 NEW

We had planned to get the most out of our St. Maarten trip. While there, the Basilico Restaurant won as our number one place to eat, given the great prices and tasty, authentic Italian cuisine. Basilico Restaurant’s menu offers quite a number of authentic Italian appetizers, salads, pastas, fish and meat dishes, including desserts. In terms of service, I would say that the staff was very welcoming and skilled. I settled for a fish meal, in particular, Salmone al Cartoccio which was prepared with fresh baked salmon and served with various vegetables, clams and white wine. This was a tasty meal and do intend to be back really soon.

Burlington, Canada
“Memorable evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014 NEW

My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and we enjoyed every moment of it. First we had a lovely dinner inside the restaurant and got very friendly treatment. After, we went out to the patio where we had champagne, wine and talked. The ambiance was ideally romantic and we were tremendously pleased with our authentic Italian cooked dinner.
Thank you Basilico for creating such a special evening for my husband and me. The Italian cooking was ‘off the chain’. My fresh grilled tuna with veggies, roasted potatoes, olives and capers was splendid. We appreciated the fact that the meals were freshly prepared and the restaurant’s design made it possible to observe what went on in kitchen. Also, having such a wide range of wines, liquors and champagnes to choose makes it known that this is a service that caters to please its clients.

New York City, New York
“Ok Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014 NEW

This is an interesting restaurant as it has a fine dining section and a pool bar section across the outdoor walkway. The only downside was that the bathrooms are located in the pool bar area, as they don't have on the fine dining side. We had the seared tuna steak which was nice but a little too much seasoning and the chicken parmesan. The chicken was different than we expected as it seemed like pieces of breaded chicken tenders with a soggy breading. The best part was the tiramisu dessert that came in a little mason type jar.

Visited December 2014
New Brighton North, New Zealand
“True Italian Cuisine and Great wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

This place is a truly unique Italian Restaurant. The chefs, I understood, were Italian born and used quite a few ‘grandma’ home recipes in the meals. That was really cool because the dinner I had was awesome. I was surprised by the different brands of digestifs available for serving, plus several hundred bottles of wine; some of which were among the finest, the best liquors and champagnes. More impressive was that these wines were stored in temp-controlled chillers; having a glass of wine was indeed amazing.
My dinner was a full three course. The Antipasto Misto was a mélange of marinated eggplant, prosciutto di parma ham, marinated anchovies, parmiagiano-reggiano cheese and grilled zucchini. Now that! was a happy start. My appetite is quite huge, so I tried the Isalata di Polipo which came with lots of fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, thin-cut octopus tossed with olives and extra virgin olive oil, and for my main meal I had the Pollo Parmigiana which came with zucchini, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, roasted marinated chicken breast, served with spaghetti in a cherry tomato sauce; yum, yum. Finally, to create that big smile of satisfaction, I dug into the creamiest, lightest White Chocolate Mousse that I’ve ever had.

Astoria, New York
“Will surely be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

It was rather unfortunate that my family was introduced to Basilico Italian Restaurant in St. Maarten only a few days before leaving the island. The décor and ambiance were quite impressive. The service was very professional yet very friendly. We were made to feel welcomed, especially as visitors to the island. My dad in particular took full advantage of the wide selection of fine wines, liquors and champagnes at Basilico Restaurant.
Jacob, my 12 year old son and his best friend who came along on the trip had their fill of Linguini Carbonara which was a true homemade pasta with cream sauce, parmesan cheese and Canadian bacon. We also ordered thin crust Italian pizza as take away as our ‘after dark’ snack. There had to have been a special blend or touch that was so addictive. We observed that there were at least 23 different types of thin crust Italian pizzas on Basilico pizza menu and roughly 18 types of Italian pasta dishes. One thing in particular that was truly appreciated was being able to observe the Italian chefs work in the open plan, well-organized kitchen area.

• Visited December 2014