“Breakfast delight” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: MasterCard and Visa Accepted. Currently open for Dinner from 6:00-10:00pm, seven days a week.
Rhode Island
“Breakfast delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just came home from St. Martin and my wife and I had a great breakfast at FIG. We had met one of the owners, Randy the day before. We stopped in to check it out, and we had no money!! Had a nice chat, he offered some coffee on the house. We went back the next day and it was well worth it. Food was excellant, service was perfect. A very nice spot. The deli counter was full of fresh meats and cheese. Their sandwich menu is awesome. Sorry we did not get a chance to go back for lunch. Next Time we are on the Island we certainly will.

Visited December 2012

Philipsburg, St Maarten-St Martin
“Friendly, delicious & reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

FIG is a great addition to the Maho/Cupecoy area, especially for lunch. Gourmet sandwiches with great, fresh toppings - the chimichurri sauce with my pastrami and brie sandwhich was so unexpected and delicious. My husband had a gazpacho that was perfect - just the right amount of spice and so fresh tasting. Furthermore, the staff is great too - friendly and accommodating. Prices are great both on food and wine. You can expect to see us at FIG weekly, Randy & Patrick!!

Visited November 2012
Patrick M, Propriétaire at Fig, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you very much CaribbeanNina for your review.
I'm glad that you enjoyed your pastrami and brie sandwhich with chimichurri sauce!
That gives me the opportunity to explain to our future new customers the concept of our restaurant: you choose the sauce you may have either in your sandwich or with you meat or fish... in a variety of exotic sauces.
I take this opportunity to inform all our customers that from Friday, December 7, FIG WILL BE OPEN FOR DINNER AND 7 DAYS A WEEK.
See you soon at FIG!!!
Patrick
Boston, Massachusetts
“Friendly and Fantastic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A good friend took me to the new cafe / restaurant called Fig. What a lovely surprise! They have the right idea with a modern-trattoria-deli -style ambience. Deli counters filled with fresh hand sliced sandwich options, means this place is not “fine-dining” but the rest of the décor and outdoor seating make up for the visual of deli counters and refrigerators. It wasn’t a bother at all… since it results in reasonable prices, fantastic food and a fun time!
We were very happy to have been immediately served fresh bread and a hummus type spread while deciding on our meal. They also offer a delicious "Grilled" Menu in which you select your meat and your favorite sauce to accompany it. If it’s your first time there they will offer you several sauces to taste, including Chimichurri, Garlic, and BBQ sauces. The "Grilled" menu is served with a nice presentation of fresh veggies and just the right amount of potatoes. From the "Grilled " menu, I sampled the Duck which was amazing, even though I'm generally not the biggest duck fan. This duck was lean and not greasy and changed my opinion on duck. The lamb was a bit tricky to eat off the bone, but with three large juices pieces cooked perfectly, I wasn't complaining. I was just hoping my friend didn't mind me using my fingers to eat and extract the meat. So probably not the best thing to order if you are trying to be romantic and or professional ;-)
The server was very friendly and informative as well as the chef and managers, who came out to talk to us. They also caught onto the fact that we were celebrating a birthday. They brought us some lovely desserts with "Happy Birthday" scrolled on the plate, a unique tasting carrot cake and a soft flan with a caramel sauce. I'll definately be stopping back in to try their sandwiches... which I have no doubt are as fantastic as the "Grilled" Menu! This side of the Island needed more lunch locations, so I'm happy to see Fig arrive.

Highly recommend checking out this new Hot-Spot. They are open for breakfast and lunch. And later may open for dinner.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Patrick M, Propriétaire at Fig, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you very much Marsdencreative for your review posted on Sept 24th, wich was coincidently on my birthday. I couldn't have wished for a better gift than this wonderfull comment.
Thanks again!