“Don't Let the Location Fool You” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Don't Let the Location Fool You”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I were looking for good food and based on the reviews of this restaurant, decided to take the short drive from Cupecoy beach area to the Porto Cupecoy for dinner. I guess I expected a restaurant to be somewhat upscale
To begin, the host was in attentive to seat us. Then, nothing. No water, no bread, no service, though the place was moderately full. I had to rise and seek out the host for service. An enthusiastic waiter did appear to take our orders, but it was another 20 minutes before we received our drinks and water. As for the food, bland and obviously reheated since it must have been prepared and awaited the poor service
I cannot understand the rave revues about this restaurant and am surprised that noone has commented on the overall look of disrepair, lack of upkeep and general uncleanliness at this restaurant. We would not recommend Les quatre vents

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Macclenny, Florida
“Porto Cupecoy Marina Waterside Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Splendid French and Internatinal restaurant right at the water's edge in Porto Cupecoy, St. Maarten. Fabulous location overlooks high end townhomes and condominiums with numerous yachts moored in the marina. Dining either on the large covered patio on indoors if preferred. There is also an attractive indoor cocktail bar with televisions.
I enjoyed two meals there. As a woman travelling alone, I surely appreciated the respectful and attentive service.
Meals begin with complementary appetizers or breads. My first visit was at lunchtime and I chose a steak tartare entree which was very flavorful and a generous portion. The weather became a little windy and inclement while I was on the patio, and the staff lowered some rain curtains so diners could be more comfortable. Enjoyed a very leisurely meal! As I was ready to leave, one of the staff was driving home and offered to drive me to my nearby resort, which I accepted happily.
My second visit a couple days later was for supper. My meal was a delicious Caesar Salad and a scrumptious Mahi-Mahi dish. Both were superbly prepared. Again the service was so enjoyable.
I heartily recommend this restaurant.

Washington DC
“Our new favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had a delicious dinner here in late October. Only a few customers the night that we visited. There was a nice breeze from the marina. I had the shrimp and scallops with a "flambe"(?) sauce that was so good that I asked for the ingredients. Hubby had the fresh wahoo and loved it. Service was prompt and friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant - we will be back in May!

Scituate, Massachusetts
“Best meal in St. Marten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife a I found this place by chance and what a find it was. We had such a great experience we went back last night and I plan on going back tonight. Everything is made to order and the service is the best we've experienced anywhere. The two waiters work as a team and they couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. If they have the homemade smoked wahoo ravioli I would definetly recommend it, I woke up thinking about it. My wife had the Dover Sole and I had the seafood Risotto, both were out of this world. The deserts are incredible as is the view overlooking the marina. It's rare that you have a dining experience that is perfect from beginning to end but this place delivered just that two nights in a row.

Massachusetts
“Quiet Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were the only visitors during lunch on a rainy day. Service was prompt and attentive. Food was good. Salad dressing had a hint of coffee to it which was a pleasant surprise. Club sandwich used an egg salad instead of bacon. Worked well.

• 4 of 5 stars Food