“Porto Cupecoy Marina Waterside Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Macclenny, Florida
“Porto Cupecoy Marina Waterside Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Splendid French and Internatinal restaurant right at the water's edge in Porto Cupecoy, St. Maarten. Fabulous location overlooks high end townhomes and condominiums with numerous yachts moored in the marina. Dining either on the large covered patio on indoors if preferred. There is also an attractive indoor cocktail bar with televisions.
I enjoyed two meals there. As a woman travelling alone, I surely appreciated the respectful and attentive service.
Meals begin with complementary appetizers or breads. My first visit was at lunchtime and I chose a steak tartare entree which was very flavorful and a generous portion. The weather became a little windy and inclement while I was on the patio, and the staff lowered some rain curtains so diners could be more comfortable. Enjoyed a very leisurely meal! As I was ready to leave, one of the staff was driving home and offered to drive me to my nearby resort, which I accepted happily.
My second visit a couple days later was for supper. My meal was a delicious Caesar Salad and a scrumptious Mahi-Mahi dish. Both were superbly prepared. Again the service was so enjoyable.
I heartily recommend this restaurant.

Washington DC
“Our new favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had a delicious dinner here in late October. Only a few customers the night that we visited. There was a nice breeze from the marina. I had the shrimp and scallops with a "flambe"(?) sauce that was so good that I asked for the ingredients. Hubby had the fresh wahoo and loved it. Service was prompt and friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant - we will be back in May!

Scituate, Massachusetts
“Best meal in St. Marten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife a I found this place by chance and what a find it was. We had such a great experience we went back last night and I plan on going back tonight. Everything is made to order and the service is the best we've experienced anywhere. The two waiters work as a team and they couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. If they have the homemade smoked wahoo ravioli I would definetly recommend it, I woke up thinking about it. My wife had the Dover Sole and I had the seafood Risotto, both were out of this world. The deserts are incredible as is the view overlooking the marina. It's rare that you have a dining experience that is perfect from beginning to end but this place delivered just that two nights in a row.

Massachusetts
“Quiet Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were the only visitors during lunch on a rainy day. Service was prompt and attentive. Food was good. Salad dressing had a hint of coffee to it which was a pleasant surprise. Club sandwich used an egg salad instead of bacon. Worked well.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
urbandcgirl
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nestled inside the plaza at Porto Cupecoy with views of the marina, Aux Quatre Vents is a great place to take in a drink and/or meal- which we did often during our 7 day stay on the island. The food is wonderfully prepared and reasonable priced. Two standouts for me were the mussels mariniere (made without cream and still tasted rich and velvety) and the sweetbreads wrapped in phyllo... but you can't go wrong with any dishes on the menu! Nice wine list and the service is excellent.

Needless to say, we'll be back!

• Visited August 2012