When we go to an island we want a beach you can walk to from your room. Do not believe the pictures. A hurricane washed out the beach next to the resort. On a calm day there is a miniscule area where there is sand. The beach next to property is still functional but there is no access.
We went to this resort with our 2 adult children and rented two rooms through RCI. We arrived at 2:30 and they would not let us into a room until 4 (very unusual). One room was acceptable but the second had fresh paint so we had to change; in the next room the refrigerator was broken and we had to change again. Finally they gave us a 7th floor room which was nice. A great view of Simpson Bay. Our first room on the second floor was missing many furnishings but the 7th floor was nicely stocked. Our kids cooked us Xmas dinner but they did not have enough plates so we brought them down from our room. Also a lamp for a bedroom, toilet paper, hair dryer, etc.
The appearance of the resort is nice, the rooms are large, and we had housekeeping every day. The pool was cooler than the ocean so we rarely used it. We arrived on a Saturday and they were out of beach towels. We finally got one on Thursday(unacceptable). There appeared to be two jacuzzis in the pool area but neither worked. Activities at the resort were non-existent. The staff at the tour booth in the lobby was very helpful in setting up tours. We ate at the bar restaurant once and would go back again.
You totally need a car at this resort and we could always find a parking space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort is located just 3 miles from Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch Side of Sint-Maarten, on French-Dutch border. Situated between the turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean Sea and the beautiful Simpson Bay Lagoon on Cupecoy Beach. 180 spacious guest rooms, penthouses and villas elegantly decorated with Caribbean decor, fully equipped kitchens including coffee maker; with luxurious Italian Marble Bathrooms, Internet access, cable TV, VCR and DVD and fabulous view. Relax in style and enjoy tropical breezes from your private terrace or balcony, with spectacular views of the ocean or the expansive Simpson Bay Lagoon. All the ocean-view rooms have a private jacuzzi on the balcony, and all the luxurious villas and penthouses feature private swimming pools and Jacuzzis overlooking the view of the Caribbean Sea.Enjoy the island’s wonderful beaches . In fact, the resort is within easy walking distance of beautiful Cupecoy Beach, a prime spot for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing and other water sports. SBC is nearby golf course and tennis court as well. In just few minutes you can enjoy duty-free shopping at the upscale designer boutiques and jewelry shops of Philipsburg and Marigot as well as nearby hip clubs and casinos. Take advantage of the whole range of hotel services SBC offers to our valued guests:- Open Reception 24h / 24 and 7 days / 7- Swimming pool- Fitness Room and Beauty Salon- Business Center- Bar & Restaurant- Activity Desk- Car Rental Desk. All surrounded by the fabulous mix of Dutch, French and Caribbean charm that makes Sapphire Beach Club Resort a delightful place for vacation all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sapphire Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Club And Resort
- Sapphire Beach Club Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- Wyndham Sapphire Beach Resort
- Wyndham Cupecoy Bay
- Cupecoy Bay Wyndham
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort St Maarten-St Martin/Cupecoy Bay