Staff was friendly. I enjoyed the private boxing lesson with Claudette Alexander very much.
The first room they assigned us was really bad (2 bedroom with lagoon view, decent sized but horrible view and broken shower), but 2 days later they reassigned us to a smaller, but much, much nicer room with gorgeous ocean view and hot tub on the balcony. It really didn't seem smaller to us, but there were only 2 of us so we didn't need a 2nd bedroom.
LOVED the hot tub! It was spotless--maids are exceptional!
Desk staff: Santana and Eunice were terrific, helpful and courteous.
Most guests were French which was great for a more varied cultural experience.
I was not happy about all of the mosquitoes...bring lots and lots of bug repellant, but there are lots and lots of them everywhere on the island.
The restaurant was nice...but WAY over priced. $11 french onion soup and $19 Caesar salad with 4 shrimp & 1/2 dollar scallops. $9 mojitos-- ridiculous!
Best tip for you: eat at the restaurant next door at the Ocean Club. Prices are amazing and food is delicious! $8 breakfast every day!
Internet access was $10/hour, but you only need to pay for a few minutes at a time.
Convenience store on site is located in the basement, very good prices and helpful cashier. Nice people.
Gym. what can I say? a big, big, big disappointment, however, that's where the daily workouts provided free of charge came in handy! Every morning there was a walking tour by Claudette, then boxing followed up with aqua aerobics. Much better than a gym!!!
Beds are cool, comfortable and very clean...king size!!
Kitchens and bathrooms are lovely (remodeled). European style soaking tubs (but no shower curtains) Plenty of clean towels every day.
Getting towels for the pool was not a problem except in the evening and really that wasn't a big deal for us.
Don't miss the Manager's Cocktail Party on Monday evening with Blair and his team (event managers). We had live music, free drinks for an hour and enjoyed meeting everyone from the team, some local vendors and other guests.
The pool is beautiful and cleaned every morning...spotless!
We were completely surprised by how clean everything was during the entire trip. This hotel is working double time to make everyone happy. I would recommend.
Location was excellent. I really am glad we stayed in Cupecoy Beach. It was easy access to everywhere on the island and some places were overcrowded and I could see that would be tough to get around, park, eat or feel safe. We felt safe and less stressed in Cupecoy than most other places on the island.
I highly recommend Baie Rouge and Orient Beach. Wonderful, comfortable and enjoyable places to check out. Baie Rouge is family friendly and Orient Beach is a sexy, fun place for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort is located just 3 miles from Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch Side of Sint-Maarten, on French-Dutch border. Situated between the turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean Sea and the beautiful Simpson Bay Lagoon on Cupecoy Beach. 180 spacious guest rooms, penthouses and villas elegantly decorated with Caribbean decor, fully equipped kitchens including coffee maker; with luxurious Italian Marble Bathrooms, Internet access, cable TV, VCR and DVD and fabulous view. Relax in style and enjoy tropical breezes from your private terrace or balcony, with spectacular views of the ocean or the expansive Simpson Bay Lagoon. All the ocean-view rooms have a private jacuzzi on the balcony, and all the luxurious villas and penthouses feature private swimming pools and Jacuzzis overlooking the view of the Caribbean Sea.Enjoy the island’s wonderful beaches . In fact, the resort is within easy walking distance of beautiful Cupecoy Beach, a prime spot for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing and other water sports. SBC is nearby golf course and tennis court as well. In just few minutes you can enjoy duty-free shopping at the upscale designer boutiques and jewelry shops of Philipsburg and Marigot as well as nearby hip clubs and casinos. Take advantage of the whole range of hotel services SBC offers to our valued guests:- Open Reception 24h / 24 and 7 days / 7- Swimming pool- Fitness Room and Beauty Salon- Business Center- Bar & Restaurant- Activity Desk- Car Rental Desk. All surrounded by the fabulous mix of Dutch, French and Caribbean charm that makes Sapphire Beach Club Resort a delightful place for vacation all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sapphire Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Club And Resort
- Sapphire Beach Club Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- Wyndham Sapphire Beach Resort
- Wyndham Cupecoy Bay
- Cupecoy Bay Wyndham
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort St Maarten-St Martin/Cupecoy Bay