“What a surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Mount Vernon, WA
“What a surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Who would have thought - an aussie spin on mexican food - well done. Don't forget to bring your own beer, order as many of the small plates as you want as each is a great try-out for the next visit.

Visited October 2012

Perth, Australia
“Very average Mexican food...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

A very ordinary meal, that was well over priced.

We ate:
Guacamole/tortilla chips - Tiny serving @ $17! (the novelty of having it freshly prepared at our table soon wore off when we saw the dish)
Spiced Beef Dish (main) - Lack of presentation, minimal filling & bland taste @ $24
Chicken Dish (main) - 2 x small pieces of chicken on the bone with a tasteless sauce @ $24

If we are ever in the area again we will be heading back to Pancho's for mexican food - "That Little Mexican Place" was a real let down!

Australia
“Lack luster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Patchy service . Small serves (my main cost $26 and had three very smal stacks of dried tasteless pork) no condiments arrived, desert took way too long, cheesecake tasted like the fridge. Tables too close together . Just really disappointed. Didn't think the quality of flavours were what I was expecting . There's better Mexican out there

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“SOOOOOO DISAPPOINTING!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DON'T GO TO THIS RESTAURANT! TRUST ME ON THIS.

Firstly, I'm generally easy to please when I go out to eat and I've not written a bad online review before but there is always a first time and others need to know (beforehand) about this Mexican place.

I organised a group of people to go to this restaurant and from beginning to end I was embarrassed and disappointed by everything pretty much. The meals (if you can call them that) are teeny weeny, completely over priced and each little thing that usually goes WITH the meal (sour cream, salsa, guacamole, beans, rice, etc.) had to be paid for separately. (Are you kidding at $5.50 for a couple of teaspoons of guacamole and $17.50 for about a half a cup of guacamole!!!). Desserts were $14!!! I know Perth is expensive but OMG this is ridiculous. I had the Quesadilla de carne asada (described as thin slices of spice rubbed steak) that is advertised on their website for $24. It was actually $26 (actual menu prices are higher than stated online) and was two soft tortillas with a couple of spoonfuls of meat, and a teeny bit of cheese. I'd say it was about $5 worth of food (and I'm being generous with this guesstimate). There was a shortage of cutlery (so diners had to stir their coffee with the handles of knives). There was a shortage of water (luke warm and half a little glass only). The waitress who took the payment was rude. They tried to charge $24 corkage when only 2 people drank. The actual place is bland and has no atmosphere. The list just goes on and on and on.

BASICALLY I WISH I'D READ ALL THE BAD REVIEW OF THIS PLACE BEFORE AND I'D NEVER HAVE ORGANISED TO GO THERE. I CERTAINLY WILL N-E-V-E-R BE GOING BACK.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Different Mexican dishes than the standard fare.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Cosy little place in Victoria Park with friendly staff and a warm atmosphere. Really good to see different things that usually found in Mexican restuarants, cactus being a standout although we didn't order it on this occasion.
The service was really good and the food had lovely Mexican flavours. I thought it was great that you can order a complimentary salsa dish, make sure you dont forget! Free is good!
Our pork in our rolled tacos was a liiittle overcooked but did not detract from the overall experience.
Remember to take wine!