“Pathetic Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kumar Plaza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalka
Hotel Kumar Plaza
You added Hotel Kumar Plaza to your Saves list
Railway Road, Kalka 133302, India   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kalka
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Pathetic Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had to stay at kalka for my visit to Baddi and was looking for a budget hotel near Railway Station .there are many lodges cum hotels near Railway Station and I mistakenly opted for this hotel. The rooms are shabby but I thought that its just a night so I took the room. But the most Pathetic thing about the hotel was not the room but the service provided. Actually there was no service. it was just a shabby room with unclean toilet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Delhi,India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have been in this hotel 2 years ago,it was Kumar Plaza then and now it is Hotel PremJi..earlier the service and neatness was not up to the mark,but again I gave it another try this year 2013 after seeking and comparing rates of few other hotels around and yes yes yes ! it has improved a lot.. also provided me delicious Punjabi food in my room without any extra service charges.room was very neat and tidy with clean bedsheets and lite good room fragrance sprayed arnd.My tour buddies give it a try. :-) also they have 2 single-bed rooms in case u want r wid a driver or smthing.

Room Tip: Try there room no.101 and 102..they r great and also if ur family of 4-7 members want to stay togeth...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I booked Hotel at Kalka based on the Internet contact. I transferred entire money in advance as requested by Hotel Manager. This is my first mistake, I wanted 2 rooms for 2 families but Hotel Manager suggested me to have one BIG room which will accommodate 7 persons including 3 children and asked number of times that whether one room will suffice for all 7 persons. The answer I got from the Manager was : "In this room 15 people can stay!!"

When i reached Kalka at 9 PM on 1st May 2012, i shocked that there is no place to keep my baggage and other stuff if all 7 persons go to bed. I called the person whom i transferred the money he said that in this room 20 people can spend night why you 7 cant?.

I asked my money back certainly he refused and charged me for extra room. i had no option to give him additional money.

I will rate this Hotel 1 star out of 5. and advice that please do not go with FAMILY.

Sandeep

Room Tip: Please do not book on the Net there are enough Hotels where you directly go and negotiate.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Kalka hotels

Been to Hotel Kumar Plaza? Share your experiences!