“I understand the scathing reviews” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ephesus Boutique Hotel

You added Ephesus Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Ephesus Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Kirazli Koyu Koyici Mevki Kusadasi Merkez, Kirazli 09400, Turkey   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kirazli
Samos Town, Greece
“I understand the scathing reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked a triple for 79eu/night. Paid 35eu to the taxi driver to get there. The Owner/Manager apologized for the inconvenience; said we should have called the hotel for transfer; and offered us free dinner, then charged me 66eu at check out because it is a B&B and dinner isn't included. He was gracious enough to take us to the Virgin Mary's House and wait, but charged me 50eu plus 12eu museum entry fees for the courtesy. And finally 20eu to transfer us to the Kusadasi port from the property because it is in a remote location that takes a good 25 minutes to get there. He did concede to not charging me more for 3 of us occupying the triple room I booked but advised that 79eu was the single rate - there was just something wrong with the website booking.

In the interest of fairness the Inn is beautiful. The food is amazing. The rooms were very well apportioned and incredibly clean. The hospitality, conversation, and openness of his family who lives there on site were all great. And listening to the call to prayer from the local mosque was a beautiful experience for us Christians. However, those things came for me at 2.5x the expected cost.

I could have argued and complained about the bait and switch. But I was a single woman who speaks NO Turkish there with 2 children and was honestly concerned about not being able to get a cab to port in time for my ferry. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ephesusboutiquehotel, Owner at Ephesus Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
The client has booked a single room at rate of 75 EURO and they turn they are 3 person I have given them a tripple with no extra cost .Taxi driver charge her 35 EURO I have offered we can do for 20 EURO . Half day tripp to House of Virgin Marry it is cost 165 EURO for 3 person because she said she can not pay that I offer do my self just for 62 EURO. I did allow them to keep to room until 3 pm becuase ferry was at 5 pm
They had 3 meal plus drink (6 glass of wine and ather sort drink , that cost in total 66 EURO
How ever .We understand she wanted to take advantage of our good will ,still we did our best we can do I have asked one my member of staff to stay with her 2 boys all the time because they were just out of control there were realy barbarian they were damaging all garden and plant
I m sure she know no one else will accept her 2 boys to the hotel if they know them already they will ask them to leave the hotel .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A lovely inn with terrific locally sourced food. The owner is personable and has his own home next door. Breakfast and lunch were feasts. On the grounds are lovely gardens and a small swimming pool. The inn is situated in a village and the mosque can be seen from the hotel. The rooms are very well furnished and bath products are very good.

On the drive in to the hotel one gets a feel for Turkish village life with small shops and tea houses on the roadside . Highly recommend it as an alternative to the bustle of Kusadasi.

• Stayed July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

One's reaction to this hotel most likely relates to one's expectations. What does the term "boutique hotel" conjure up in your mind? For Americans, a quaint New England country inn? For Brits, a country house in Devon? What about agri-turismo in Tuscany? That's closer to the Ephesus Boutique Hotel, but Kirazli is not some exquisite Tuscan village, where one goes the café in the piazza for morning coffee or some upscale restaurant in the evening. [In fact, there is no such square.]

Most visitors to Turkey will have been in Istanbul, a very big city, vibrant and chock-a-block with incredibly historic and beautiful sites, cafes, restaurants, shops. You can easily see the significant economic progress Turkey has made in the past ten years, and see how modern it is. But Turkey outside of Istanbul is quite different. To experience this in the most pleasant way, spend a few days at the Ephesus Boutique Hotel. Kirazli is a working farming community and not the type one sees in coffee table books.

Mustafa, who did university studies in the UK and has been in the hospitality industry for years, decided to move back to the province where he grew up. He had built a purpose-built, two-story hotel, at the edge of the village, up on the hillside. But this is also his home, and it is evident that he tends the garden with loving care, and those in the kitchen truly want you to enjoy the meals they cook. The staff are very polite, and clearly want to please their guests.

Shortly before daybreak, you have heard the call to the prayer from the nearby mosque. Then a cock will crow. Then you will hear birds chirping, cows moo-ing, donkeys braying. Awhile later, you will hear tractors, as people go off to the fields. At this point you will most likely be up and dressed, and will go down to the dining room for a fantastic, Turkish breakfast -- a lavish spread of cheeses, fruits, jams, bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, etc. Much of this will have been grown on the grounds or nearby.

This is a great location as it is within short driving distance to Ephesus, Priene, and Didyma. After a long day of touring ancient ruins in the hot sun, you return to the hotel, and either go to the pool, or simply sit in the beautiful garden with a cool drink.

The rooms are very large, as is the bathroom. But in summer, why stay in the room when the grounds are lovely. The evening is especially magical -- a calmness comes over the countryside and one hears the last call to prayer of the day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wagga Wagga, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Words cannot convey the heartfelt and authentic experience we had in discovering this gorgeous accommodation. The owner, his family and staff were, not only helpful with information etc. but provided home grown meals from their beautiful and plentiful garden along with stimulating conversation. The room was clean and spacious with a wonderful view, from our balcony, of the village and valley beyond. It was great to have access to many sights, beaches and the city of Kusadasi without negotiating its traffic and nightmare resorts. We would retire to this peaceful retreat at the end of the day for a restful sleep and perhaps a swim in the well designed pool. Definitely another discovery we would return to in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
München
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

What a beautiful and well-kept hotel. We went there together with our two-year-old son and parents and enjoyed the stay immensely. We felt like part of the family. The garden and pool area is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and clean. The owner and staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast and dinner were plentiful, fresh and tasty. We had fresh salad from the garden every evening, fresh fruits from the markets and every day a variety of starters. We didn't mind the "long" drive to Ephesus as we tend to inform ourselves beforehand, where a hotel is situated and how long it takes to get to the next bigger city, sightseeing area or beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Ephesus Boutique Hotel was the perfect combination of a beautiful location, peaceful relaxation, incredible meals, a comfortable room, and attentive/friendly staff. When I say incredible meals I meant to say some of the most mouth watering dishes I had the pleasure of experiencing. All of the meats, cheeses, fruits & vegetables are locally grown - everything is prepared fresh! The owner Mustafa personally prepared every succulent meal & his wife and another lady created the evening desserts. Mustafa spoke perfect English which is an enormous help when your Turkish vocabulary is 5 words. I purchased a hand made Turkish rug and Mustafa told me if I had any problems with the rug's delivery to let him know & he would handle it. Mustafa & his family went out of their way to let us experience a truly memorable trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I loved my stay here - Kirazli (means "cherry" in Turkish) is in a charming little village a short drive from Selcuk and well worth the hike. It has a very Napa-like feel. The hospitality and warmth at Ephesus Boutique Hotel are unmatched - the cook even asked me what I'd like for dinner if I chose to eat at the hotel (and do this at least once during your stay) and taught me to make the dishes he cooked for my meal that night as a bonus. I truly felt at home here - my room was lovely and it was a pleasure capping off each day with a glass of wine in the rose garden. Don't miss this little gem.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ephesus Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!