At 8000 ft above sea level, nestled amidst the hilly ranges of Munnar covered with tea gardens all around, lies the Club Mahindra Lakeview Munnar resort. Being one of the oldest of their resorts, it comprises mainly of period cottages spread across the sloping landscape, each with great views from the balconies. Well furnished and maintained, the 1-B suite we stayed was both spacious and good enough for the vacation.
We enjoyed the winding trails to walk around and explore both within and outside with the Power House waterfall only a short distance away. The resort itself is well equipped with Activity centre for indoor games and events, Play area for kids, adventure sports, a giant chess board, a grocery shop etc which are handy. A mini library has also been incorporated and hopefully will be more functional in future. Due to limited availability of land, currently, there is not much scope for outdoor play/events. However the Resort Services Manager informed us that they had acquired another 5 acres of land nearby and plan to enhance the experience within the next 2 yrs.
Food at the restaurant is as good as one can find at any 5-star hotel - enough variety and great on taste - from Continental to Chinese, as well as the South and North Indian menus on offer. Special brand events like Banyan Tree festivals etc are also organized for interested audiences. Staff service was ok - though there seemed to be some tight-lippedness on transparency of schemes and rates for members and non-members, esp. by the Restaurant Manager. The junior staff and the cooks manning the tandoor were warm and friendly.
The Ayurveda center is apparently Olive Leaf certified by the Govt. of Kerala and offers both wellness and healthcare specific services like Shirodhara etc.
The variety of flora and fauna within the resort, including the vegetable/fruit garden near the adventure sports arena add to the pleasure of exploring the place at leisure. Since it was the peak of the monsoon, the drive to and from the place, the stay and the sightseeing visits across the hills, countryside etc. have a charm of their own in this season.
1. better coordination between staff
2. Facilities for some outdoor games/events
3. modernization of services offered like (a) provisioning of wi-fi/internet service not just in the activity centre, but within each of the cottages. (b) replacing analog cable TV service with about 10 view-able channels to digital cable service. In the cities, the switch to digital cable has happened without any change in tariff.
4. Better equipped library with more books and CD/DVDs.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Club Mahindra Munnar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Mahindra Lakeview Munnar Hotel Chinnakanal
- Hotel Mahindra Lakeview Munnar
- Club Mahindra Munnar Kerala, India - Chinnakanal