“Nice holiday at Wind,Munnar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Wind

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chinnakanal
The Wind
You added The Wind to your Saves list
Periyakanal-Muttukad Road, Chinnakanal 685565, India   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Chinnakanal
Angamaly, India
“Nice holiday at Wind,Munnar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been to various hotels and resorts at diffferent places.And I should say,The wind munnar is one of the best in service.The entire staff of Wind are so sincere in their work.They make us very comfortable there.The rooms at Wind are very spacious which can easliy accommodate a family of four as ours and ofcousre its very neat and clean.
I think all the rooms at wind have a wonderful balcony where we can enjoy the evenings.The only problem I felt was, its quite far from Munnar town.But it won't be problem once you reach Wind,because its such a nice place with great hospitality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Kochi, Kerala, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

i stayed 2 days at Wind Munnar with my family .It was comfort and excellent service .Staff was very calm.The hotel was maintained clean. All cottages have cliff view. I am surely going to come back.............................

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I visited Munnar again with my husband and this time we opted for The Wind....Resort was so nice and it has got great natural views all around. Its located on a cliff and we got a cottage with a large balcony. Rooms were neat and clean. Above all the most important thing was staff and they were very courteous..I must say thanks to the manager Mr. Noby Abraham..a very nice person..I recommend this resort to everyone who needs a quite and a memorable holiday.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perumbavoor, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am a frequent traveller to Munnar, always with family. This time we decided to stay in The Wind, based on the reviews on tripadvisor. When I called the resort for booking, I got the GM Mr. Noby Abraham on the other end. He was so sincere and honest in his talk that he described all the negatives of the resort first. He said its a small resort, about 20 KMs from the city, last one mile road issue and all. No tall claims at all. But he promised the BEST SERVICE if we stay there. Ultimately that was proved right.

When we reached the place, for that we made a number a calls for directions, Mr. Noby and team was waiting for us. We felt at home with the kind of reception offered by his team. All the staff members are sincere and honest as the GM. No great formalities.

The resort is situated in a small plot of land, of which the entire area is well utilized. All the rooms were occupied when we reached there.

For those who really want to unwind the city life tension, the wind is the best option. We simply spent most of the time in the resort itself. The staff arranged each and every sight seeing we had.
The food was really good. The service is superb.
Rooms are really big with lavish bathrooms. Amazing balcony views.

For the amount we spent, i feel that it is the best value for money resort I have ever stayed in Munnar.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same view. The honeymoon cottage has a private lawn and bigger room.
Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Wind is quite far from Munnar & you can reach the resort from Ernakulam without touching Munnar town. But be ready for very steep climbs & sharp bends on the way. Since we didn’t expect these, it was little uncomfortable driving up to the place. The resort itself is situated on the edge of a cliff facing a valley.

Our room was very comfortable & clean. Hot water was available all day which is required in the climate. The food was in general good, was served quickly & rated reasonably. The fewer rooms helped the staff in giving personalized attention to all guests. Mr. Nithin & others were always trying to look after our every need. We felt very comfortable with them being around.

The highlight of the resort is certainly the fabulous view from the room & balcony. It is a splendid to see the clouds floating below you, the rising mist & the sunset. If there is no mist/cloud, you can see the entire valley. If you do not feel like travelling to Munnar town/other tourist spots, you can spend your time sitting idly in the balcony watching the nature; it is one of the most rewarding experience.

I highly recommend the resort; especially for couples.

Room Tip: All rooms offer excellent views of the valley
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

First off, let me state the positives.. the staff is very courteous and helpful. I have to give them that. Unfortunately the manager Mr. Noby was not around and so I couldn't give him my thoughts right away.

It seems that "Romanov78" (another reviewer here) and us arrived on the same day and had pretty much the same issues:

1) The roads leading up to the property are plain horrid. I too wonder why the 2-3 resorts located next to each other won't pay and get them done! There were huge rocks right in the middle of the road and my car took a severe beating in the last 1km stretch! Not worth visiting again on that count alone

2) The food was strictly OK. Anyone saying it was good/very good needs to get their taste buds checked :) (My comment is for veg food, north indian style). The breakfast was good and both the parathas and south india dishes were well made. But for each item many reminders had to be given

3) I wasn't even informed they had wifi (realised after reading Romanov78's review), and the phone reception was bad out there

4) The power went out the first night around 11:00 PM and came back at 6:00 AM. When we asked why no generator was installed, we were told it's installed but we need to call the fornt desk to start it. What? Why? How? This made no sense and so my wife called them at 10:00 PM and told them that they better wake up and start it if power fails, or there will be hell to pay.

5) There were so many creepy insects literally leaking into the room from the french window rails, that it wasn't funny. The staff was helpfull enugh to remove many of them, but they kept coming and there was no way to get rid of them or at least stop them from coming in. There were at least 20-30 of them at all times! And they were quite big with my infant son running after them.

6) We were in the honeymoon suite, but the view was not as spectacular as mentioned, at least not worth the extra cost as compared to the other rooms. Also I found the rooms to not be that very big given the cost, location and bad roads associated with them.

7) The bathroom was HALF the room size, which was a criminal waste of space. Also many important essentials for such a costly room were not there such as complimentary water to be provided daily, no kettle/coffee maker, no safe to store some valuables, and the drawers/almirah was so bad we couldn't place our clothes in it.

All in all, no where close to the experience promised in the reviews. Yes it was secluded and had some good views of the vistas, but not worth the money and effort spent in getting there.

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

It was a divine location. Amazing architecture, Breathtaking Location, Homely food and Good Hospitality. It was one of the best hill station Holiday for our family, Stayed for 2 nights. Just make sure that you take the combo plan i.e. Breakfast with Dinner as the location will not permit to travel 20 odd kms at night...Thumbs up for the Wind!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Been to The Wind? Share your experiences!