“Siena Villag” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Chinnakanal
York, United Kingdom
“Siena Villag”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Excellent location and excellent service. Only wish the government of Kerala did something about the road in Munnar which doesn't seem to have changed in a century. The Siena Village resort is very well managed, staff are very friendly and the location is fabulous. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Siana Village is a excellent property, we have stayed there for 2N and we have very impressed by the services and food and the scenic beauty sound it. It is covered by mountains on all the sides. The staff are also good.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

One of my friends referred me to this resort and i must say Iam very thankful to her. Its an excellent property and I strongly recommend this place in Munnar. Here is my review

1. Location - just 20 kms from Munnar town. Initially I thought this is far from Munnar and should I (since I was travelling with my wife and Kid) choose such a distant place away from main town, but my doubts vanquished after a wonderful ride to the hotel. The roads are good (easily driveable) and very scenic. You can halt at various places for photos, refreshment etc. You will not find any sign boards for the hotel on the way though, but for guidance its exactly 1 km from Mahindra Club Resorts. i was happy to see an ATM (South Indian Bank), just in front of the resort, so you will never have to search for ATM`s in an unknown place if you run out of cash.

2. Room - I had booked a standard room and believe me it was excellent !!! It had a nice view with misty mountains right at the backdrop and we could see a river flowing at the distant as our front view .. it was great. I observed that all rooms are ideally located to give a scenic view. There is a mini fridge in the rooms with all essential beverages - water, coke, pepsi, miranda cans, choclates, chips ... (chargeable though based on your consumption)

3. Service - It was WOW !!! We had this guy called Tara Singh who was responsible for housekeeping and he did his job quite well. Very humble, polite and prompt. I had my tea, lunch & snacks served in room a coupe of times and the room service was very good. The way they packed the order to serve in room was super. At one instance, after a day of sightseeing in my car, it was all dust. The day when i had to check out to start my journey back, I requested the hotel staff if they could clean my car, and there it is, no questions asked and no charges ... they cleaned my car.

4. Food - Very good and inexpensive. Since i am a vegie, please consider this feedback for vegetarian dishes. The breakfast had a good spread (buffet) and the hotel staff very considerate for each guest. Though one could take the food of choice in the buffet, the staff constantly asked if guests need anything served to them hot. I really liked the service. It was both buffet and alacarte feel. At night you can go for Garden buffet .. which is again awesome. I was cold outside and I had my dinner around campfire. Regarding cost, on an average the vegetarian dishes will be Rs 120/plate and the quantity is pretty good (enough for 3 of us).

5. Overall Property - Excellent. There are lots of amenities that they offer like billiards table, indoor games, play area for kids, curio shop (you could buy Munnar tea here), camp fire @ night, DJ etc. Walk around and click lots of photos in the property. There are lots of resting places to sit and relax and enjoy the scenery. One other thing I liked is the way they maintain, I saw lots of staff for gardening, housekkeping room service. We never felt the resort crowded too, be it the lawns, hotel etc .. it was pleasant.

Overall its was wonderful experience i will surely stay here on my next visit to Munnar. Since it was my first trip to Munnar, I had lot of apprehensions. But choice of good hotel to stay helps in easing a lot of doubts and fears.Hope this feedback helps.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Siena Village was a great resort, we booked online and crossed our fingers, and upon arrival we were surely impressed by the quality, the sanitation and the courtesy of the staff there.

The Rooms were clean, organized and very well maintained, you don't see any stain spots on the beddings or the sofa's,the bathroom is very clean, designed like a star hotel bathroom, the shower and the faucet both have hot water, the shower is AWESOME, you wish you would stay under it forever!

Food is well prepared with good varieties, it could use some more intercontinental choices for the visitors from outside the indian subcontinent though, the waiters are very nice! i especially remember the courtesy and quality service of "Alpen" who helped us during our launch in pepper mill and dinner in the grill. i was surprised with a birthday cake that my wife arranged for me with the staff and they did not disappoint.

the night outdoor activities were great, loved the fireplace.

the rooms are well insulated, i don't recall hearing my neighbors or any noise outside once you are in for sleep.

the Scenery is captivating, the front is facing the lake and the far mountains, and right behind you you will see the mountain peaks which are big and beautiful, its an excellent place to enjoy the mesmerizing sunsets and sunrises.

the resort is about 14 years old, and i only knew that after i asked one of the staff, because the maintenance and cleanness of the place surely made it look younger than 5 years old.

there are a small place for child activities like a swing and monkey bars, the kids enjoyed it.

there is an Ayruvedic message center located at the end of the resort, which offer massage and some other services, i was informed that the price was steep, however the service was good.

we stayed there for a day and a night, left completely happy and satisfied, with real interest to come back to this place once again for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about upgrade options, we were informed of the royal suite hours before our check o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

sienna village is a well maintained property with excellent view.good food ,great taste and value for money. cultural activities are organised in the evening ,courteous staff to make your stay comfortable. Great experience

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Siena village is 30 km further to Munnar when coming from Kochi. So the road trip could feel much longer. But its definitely worth taking that extra effort. Siena village resort is well maintained and well kept. If you just want to relax, this is one of the ideal places to stay in Munnar area. Food is good, cultural activities organized in evening are great, staff is courteous and rooms are spacious. If I go to Munnar again, I will definitely stay again at this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing . Nice rooms , amazing food with great taste and varieties. I was there for honeymoon and I felt perfectly safe. The only thing which I felt could have been better is the view : this place is not in midst of tea gardens like club mahindra or any other neighboring resorts . For people traveling from pollachi Coimbatore , this place is far as you have to travel around 12 kms from munnar towards Madurai . Apart from that friendly staff , cleanliness and the gardens inside the resort simply stand out than anything else in chinnakanal , munnar

• Stayed December 2013

Been to The Siena Village? Share your experiences!