My mother and I stayed here for 3 nights, wishing we only stayed for a maximum of one.
- Rooms at the bottom level are near the main road, keeping us up during the night. On the positive side, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom away from the road.
- The rooms (both the 1 and 2 BR) were not cleaned thoroughly. I mistakenly spilled water when we entered, and when I cleaned it up, I picked up a napkin that was blackened from the dirt on the floor. There were clear shoe marks on the stairs, dust in the corners and a host of other items that show a lack of attention to detail.
- Hot water was non-existent in the morning.
- Room service took quite some time (about 45 minutes to receive the food). After leaving the plates outside (for lunch), the plates were still there the next morning with insects around them.
- The bathroom is Indian-style – no separation between toilet area and the shower, leaving everything wet after a shower.
- The rooms are barren, similar to a mental institution.
- Beds are not on the same level as the rest of the place, with no TVs in the small bedrooms.
- There is no heating. If you’re cold, pay Rs. 800 for a one hour fireplace.
- Hand towels were not provided until we asked for them.
- The restaurant service is poor. I asked for naan and was told to get it myself from the live counter.
- In the restaurant, when someone has finished eating, they simply turn over the table runner. However, oils leak through and stains show, making this an unpleasant dining experience.
- Wifi is only available in the reception area. If you want to plug in a laptop and use wifi, you go to the back office. Which has cockroaches.
The only saving grace (raising this from a 1 to a 2 point review) is the food/restaurant (not service) and the views. I’ve read negative reviews about the food, but we did not face any issues. The view from the restaurant is amazing in the morning. But find another place.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.