This hotel is nicely located with great rooms, a lovely pool and a great gym. The restaurant is great if a little fussy for our taste - but thats 5 star. HOWEVER maybe we were just unlucky but.....
- on arrival the lights failed in our room. This was duly fixed 2 hours later
- when we headed off to bed after dinner at about 11pm our room was v hot despite the air con being on. we phoned reception and were asked to turn it down. Nothing much happened so we had a fairly restless night.
- the following evening we called again because the room was hotter still. We were offered another room which we decided to take however when we got into this room the blinds didnt work
- at no point did the manager come and apologise
- the other thing that frustrated me is that the bar staff, of which there were two, did not walk round the pool every hour or so to see if anyone wanted food or drink. Not a biggie but something you expect in places like this
In a 3 or even 4 star hotel this might not be a problem but this is a boutique 5 star hotel charging a premium and they should be on top of the maintenance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SITUATED IN A PRIVATE ESTATE…10 minutes from Geneva International Airport and the Geneva Palexpo, JIVA HILL PARK HOTEL welcomes you to its private estate, magnificently situated in the foothills of the Jura Mountains and facing the majestic Mont Blanc range. Surrounded by nature in a 70-acre park, you will find a unique hotel reflecting our vision of contemporary luxury, elegance and secrecy.WARM, COSY, AND MUCH MORE...Something quite unique, brought to you by a staff that does its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jiva Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.