“I loved it !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Crozet
Geneva, Switzerland
“I loved it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We only stayed for one night having spent the previous week in Morzine.
The staff were very welcoming! Despite us turning up at 9.30am, the young lady on reception allowed us to use one of the two rooms we had booked.
The room was very nice with a great view of the mountains!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here for longer in the winter

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jiva Hill P, Directeur général at Jiva Hill Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Sir

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Jiva Hill!, we are always trying to create the best possible experiences for our guests and we do everything we can to achieve our goal. We are also very glad that you enjoyed the stunning view of the Jura Mountains and its immaculate summits. Maybe next time you can try one of our luxurious Junior Suites and loosen up in its own Jacuzzi over the terrace. If you are planning to come over on winter we would recommend you to go to Crozet’s ski station and get some fresh mountain air while spending great quality time with your loved ones. However if you visit us in summer you can make the most out of Le Shamwari’s terrace which faces the breath-taking Mount-Blanc and the Alps.

We are also looking forward to having you again as our guest very soon !

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nyon, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I only tried the spa!

(+):
- Indoor pool, jaccuzi, relaxing area, hamam and fitness, for a daily entrance of 35 euros
- Location: Geneva area
- Cold water plunge
- Shower gel (loved it) and exfoliating loofa pads available (for free)
- Bathrobe, towels and flip flop at disposal (for free)

It was a peacefull escape during winter and I really enjoyed it!

(-):
- The sauna was miserable (never ever seen such a small one)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jiva Hill P, Directeur général at Jiva Hill Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our spa. I am glad to hear that overall your stay with us was pleasurable.On the other hand; regarding the size of the sauna, we are now planning to enlarge our spa facilities, so maybe the next time you visit us you might be able to enjoy your time in a more spacious one. I also hope that the next time you will have the opportunity to try some of our other services, I would recommend you our tasty summer barbecues that will take place in the Terrace of our gastronomic restaurant, it is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the astonishing views of the alps.

Best Regards

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Having enjoyed such a perfect long weekend ski with friends at Jiva Hill last year, we decided to go back just the two of us this year.
We booked directly with the hotel, and then got presented the option of including dinner every night. Since we knew from experience that we don't feel like driving to Geneva after a day of ski, and remembering the great cuisine from the year before, we didn't hesitate a second.
And we didn't regret one second either.
The menu was just fabulous, and the chef proposed us a different menu every day.
Between little nibbles with the apero, the chef's surprise, a starter, a main, cheese, a pre-dessert, dessert and post dessert; a fabulous wine cellar and superb service - thank you Mr Wilson- this is not your typical ski-fare! It is a gastronomic ski experience.
And all this yummy fare is just an extra motivation to go ski the next day!
The rooms and service in the hotel are also just perfect, exactly what a 5* should be.
And the wellness is like a little cherry on top.

Loved it, totally recommend it, and will be back!

Room Tip: The corner rooms on the first floor have a fabulous wrap around terrace!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam

Thank you very much for sharing your unique experience at the Jiva Hill with all the Trip advisor community. I have read your comments and I feel truly satisfied because I can see that all the hard work from the whole Jiva Hill team is paying off. it is our job to make you feel comfortable and it is such a pleasure to finally confirm that we actually did it ! I will make sure to show your comment to all the staff so they can feel as good as I am feeling right now,it is this kind of comments what motivates us to be better each day, thank you very much. As you enjoyed so much the restaurant I will allow myself to recommend you our wine tasting soirées in which we discover new wine domains as we enjoy a great dinner guiged by our expert sommelier Greg Mio. We are really looking forward to have you with us again.

Cordially

Bruxelles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Jiva Hill last february (yes i know, i'm a bit late on that one but they were so good that i still wanted to write that review even a year after !).

We stay there 4 nights, driving from the Luxembourg and meeting a couple of friends from London (flying from nearby Geneva).

We were looking for peaceful ski in the nearby ski resort (15 min drive), quality rooms, gourmet food, excellent service and relaxing atmosphere.

We were delighted.

The ski resort is small but on a short ski break, big enough. It is ideal for less experienced skiers (we were with two) as the resort offer a variety of easy "blue" and "green" slopes. There is also the ski school were you can have the chance to have a private class with the Fabulous Guy Martin (a charismatic former golf professional who turned into a ski and golf teacher).
For more experienced skiers, some quality and fun "red" and "black" slopes are also available (i recommend to go skiing on the Col de la Faucille).

The hotel is situated in the plain looking straight on the Mont Jura (breathtaking view from the rooms !) and also feature a golf. The rooms were spacious and well design. The bathroom was a real delight after a day on the slopes and the quiet nights perfect to restore energy for the next day.

We had a full gastronomic menu with pairing wine at the hotel's restaurant and that was a good call.
As far as I remember, we had a lot of quality food well presented, well cooked, very tasty. The service was very professional and friendly. Cheese plates were a delight (my London friends are still talking about it !!!!). Very good value for the price. I especially recommend to have dinner at the hotel as when we try the "next best restaurant around" it was poor in every way possible.

I've booked a massage provided in the hotel and the woman was very professional, friendly and efficient.
There is also a sauna, jacuzzi and an inside swimming pool that is worth spending some time.

The service from the staff at reception was very friendly and efficient, we really felt at home there.

To conclude, this is really a good place to escape from buzzing ski resort, to relax, enjoy quality time with friends in a nice and cozy environment while still enjoying the mountain and quality ski under the sun !

I will very probably come back to Jiva Hills for some short ski weekend !

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sir

First of all thank you very much for taking the time to write your opinion about The Jiva Hill Park Hotel. it does not really matter if you stayed with us last February what matters is to know your opinion because this is how we know if we are doing the things correctly or not, fortunately this time it is good news and I am sincerely happy to hear that. In fact our resort is conveniently located just 5 minutes away from Crozet’s ski station which attracts a lot of people during the winter, however the great thing about The Jiva Hill Park Hotel is that we have lots of different leisure activities the whole year round, so you do not necessarily have to come during the winter to have fun. On summertime you can practice some golf, water ski, tennis, cycling, hiking and many other exciting activities. besides you can also enjoy from our classic barbecues at the restaurants’ terrace.

We hope to see you again soon

Thoiry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Beautiful decor, interesting menus - delicious, different and not too expensive. The staff were perfect in every way. We were 10 guests in our party and we were all in agreement with these views.
Can't wait to return!!! E. Bettty

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Madame

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your unique experience in Le Shamwari, our French gastronomic restaurant. It was a real pleasure having you with us, and it is a greater pleasure to know that our service was up to your expectations. We think you might like to know more about our wine cellar and the many different kinds of wine that we propose, we also organize wine tasting dinners, so feel free to joins us whenever you can. We also recommend you to look at our spring getaway package at our website. We look forward to see you again and share with you another perfect evening.

St.-Martin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Last year I purchased a 'Dein Deal' voucher for a one night stay at the Jiva Hill Park Hotel. We finally used the voucher end October 2012.
I can only say that from my first reservation request by e-mail to our departure, the service, speed and friendliness of all the staff was excellent. An absolutely well performing team…but not overdoing it!
We have never felt in any way that we were ‘second’ class due to the special deal. Our ‘Deluxe’ room, subtle luxury, tastefully decorated with all the modern technologies, a very big bathroom (stand-alone big bath, shower for 2 persons), water, coffee & tea, etc. Very big terrace, overlooking the golf and the Jura mountains.
We chose to have dinner at their Shamwari restaurant, the set menu ‘Saveur’ for Euro 49. We were very happy with the outcome – excellent, well presented and quite sufficient. Very good choice of wine. Another nice thing is that it is not very noisy in the restaurant and the tables are quite far apart. To be recommended.
Breakfast buffet was also very good and in summer you could even take it outside on the terrace overlooking the countryside towards Geneva and the French Alps.
We also tested the inside swimming pool, jacuzzi and hammam. The Spa is not very big but nicely done and comfortable. Everything clean and tidy.
So all in all a very enjoyable experience in all aspects.
As the hotel is not far from Geneva airport, it would also be a nice location for company meetings, dinner parties, team building events, etc.
Many thanks to everyone at the Jiva Hill Park hotel! We will come again <3 !

Room Tip: I think that all the rooms are quiet as there is nothing around the hotel. Otherwise I don't kno...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
malibu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I almost don't want to leave this review, as this place is really a jewel, a perfect jewel:).
I stayed here with my three dogs last month and I was treated so beautifully I hated to leave!
I had a wonderful suite with a hot tub, I felt as if I was on vacation in Big Sur in the French alps, but still so close to geneva. Beautifully appointed room and a bathroom of the quality one would find in a multi million dollar property's guesthouse in the south of france. very sexy, absolutely perfect.
the staff were all SO charming and kind, very chivalrous. I have written other reviews before of hotels where I state, the marker of a great hotel is how it treats its single female guests (perceived often rather stupidly as lacking resources or power) but here this was not the case. Every single staff member was lovely, kind and perfectly professional and respectful with me.
A very big chapeau to Mohammed at the front desk, what a lovely person. Thank you so much for the great room and for making sure I was happy.
Great spa, beautiful grounds, like being on vacation in Geneva. Highly recommended. !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Jiva Hill Resort? Share your experiences!