“Pros and cons ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BelleVue Dominican Bay

You added BelleVue Dominican Bay to your Saves list
BelleVue Dominican Bay
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Juan Bautista Vicini Esq 20 Diciembre, Boca Chica, Dominican Republic (Formerly Hotetur Hotel Dominican Bay)   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Boca Chica
“Pros and cons ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel was fine food not that great front desk personnel very slow and rude.but the other people that work inside of the resort animation bar tenders cleaning crews are the best and I mean best people in the world to deal with. The restaurant buffet food is different not good had problems eating the food hamburgers hotdogs horrible they charge for bottled water because that's the only way to brush the teeth in the morning Another thing when you go to the ocean people won't leave u alone you say no no ten second later u have a line of people selling things and you say no and the get mad that really bothered me a lot not recommend to go there at all also I had my sandals and money stolen from me horrible the hotel has a area in ocean area but is far from water so what's the point again the people selling things don't buy nothing from them or give them money they will take advantage of you and buy no food or drinks from venders in ocean area So pay a little extra and pay for hotel that has ocean area that u don't have people selling things also do not book vacation on Friday Saturday or Sunday there is nothing but locals there is no space for u to enjoy and all the locals have garbage all over just not a good time

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. We have been all over the world and can usually put up with most things but we moved after a week as this place was awful.

The rooms are the worst. We had 3 in total. Nothing worked properly. Bathrooms are rusty and all have mold. We met other Canadians and they all had similar problems. We had water dripping all over our bathroom from the shower in the room above us. Bath plug did not work. TV was old with very few English channels many with no sound at all.

The worst aspect was the restaurant which functioned more like a poorly run canteen. Food was OK but popular dished were not replenished quickly with long queues forming. There was no where near enough dishes or bowls. People were hanging around waiitng for plates to show up and staff would bring 3 or 4 at a time. Spoons were never available and plastic tea spoons were used most of the time. The cheese tray was empty and when I advised staff the took the plates away. I waited for 10 mins but they never came back.

Entertainment team were good and they tried hard but mostly they used audience participation games. Beer was good but other drinks not great. Worst aspect was they used the smallest plastic cups I have ever seen so everyone was getting 2 at a time.

Staff tried hard but this is a mismanaged run down hotel. They also let locals in for the day at holiday weekends and when this happens then its absolute chaos. This doubles the amount of people in the resort and with the above problems no one can get anything.

Room Tip: Good luck in finding a good room here.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are thinking of this as an option, PLEASE DON'T! This has been the worst experience we've ever had. The rooms were dirty and out dated, the bathroom was gross, rusty and leaky. NO hot water, our friend's room smelled like urine. We complained to the staff, they did not care. I had a leak in my bathroom from the bathroom upstairs, and they did nothing about it. They switched the room that smelled like urine, but that was it. The food was disgusting and not enough of it. Even though it was all inclusive, water was not provided, we had to buy our own. The cafeteria didn't even have pepper when we asked for it. I slept on a beach towel I brought from home bc I did not want to sleep on their beds. They gave us rooms on the first floor and the balcony window was broken and scotch taped back. A security guard tried to enter our room through the balcony. PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE. The "beach front" is across the street and the "hotel" only owns the part not near the water. The actual beach does not belong to the hotel, and it's full of locals that want to sell you gum and pedicures every 3 minutes, while you try to relax on your vacation.
I can not stress enough how rude the staff was. We were told they pay locals to stay there on the weekends so it looks like they are booked. There is no manager on duty. I don't know how they are able to get away with this being called a resort. PLEASE DON'T GO HERE

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time in the dominican bay due that my mum had been there before and she love it. When we arrive my mum didn't like the rooms they were smelly. the bathroom was awful, it didn't invite to have a shower. In the morning the water was really cold so wasn't comfortable or a pleasure to have a shower even for my little one.the sockets of the rooms wasnt working so couldnt charge my devices. is an old tv that they don't give you the remote control, you have to give a deposit for it. my family was always complaining. but i have to say that people were really friendly and helpful. the food was ok, and i did enjoy the show every night and their dance.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are thinking this hotel is a good option because it's a little more affordable you should know it's cheap for a reason, this place is disgusting!! I stayed here for 3 nights with 5 of my friends and although we are all adventurous travelers this is by far the worst hotel we've all stayed at. The hotel staff is overwhelmed by complaints and can't do much to help but at the same time they are rude and laugh at your face like its a hidden camera show. There is no hot water, the ceilings leaked, the bathrooms are all dirty, the windows are broken and glass is held by tape, security guards are creepy at one point one came up to our balcony to "ask for water". One of the rooms smelled like piss so we had to demand a move but the other room had no air conditioning... The electricity went out at 9pm on a Saturday. Private beach? more like shared beach with the locals, where everyone will stalk you so you can buy food or souvenirs. There's no free WiFi as advertised, if you want to make an international call with the help of the front desk they will ask you to call back in 20 minutes, sometimes they will tell you they are too busy to help you then and to do it later.. unbelievable. If you ask for the manager they give you they act like they don't know what the word means. I think they have a manager.

If it hadn't been for the fact that we went out to eat somewhere else, I think we would've starved because the buffet was bean juice and rice, not even beans, some sort of shredded chicken and beef that looked like leftovers. Again, I am not a spoiled American that doesn't accommodate to circumstances but this hotel is not worth a penny. If after reading reviews like mine you decide to go there then you are on your own. We were lucky to meet a few nice locals that were kind enough to tell us where to go - Neptune restaurant and some good places in Santo Domingo (45 minutes away) but the Bellevue Dominican Bay should be shut down or at least they shouldn't be allowed to advertise what they are not.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So here's the deal, let's start with the good... The grounds are kept clean. The animation team is awesome, especially when they do fun activities by the pool, the night show they do is super cool. Drinks are pretty strong (Carlos at the bar is great). The front desk staff is okay, but Otoneil displayed outstanding customer service. Room service is good called for an iron and blow dryer got it in less than ten minutes. Spa services at the resort is excellent. Staff is very friendly..... Now the bad! The food is very bland. But the pork and Chinese rice that they make on Fridays is amazing though. The beach is pretty but it's a bit of a walk from the rooms. The beds are very hard, the bathroom needs renovation lights and more mirrors, a lot of leaks and old pipes, they didn't have hot water. They cleaned the room but they didn't put washcloths which was annoying. They need new TV's and some English speaking channels. The locals are so annoying but if u ignore them they will leave you alone. I left the resort a couple of times to get some good food, I felt pretty safe... Overall this resort is not bad they just need some renovations and better food. I'm from New York so I know what's horrendous and what's acceptable. This place is acceptable. Not a big 5 star hotel but you will be comfortable, you will have fun and most importantly you will have liquor flowing!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was in the Dominican Republic for 2 weeks for work purposes. The last day before I flew home, I decided to get a resort experience close to the airport in Santa Domingo. The photos and reviews of this place were not too bad. Bottom line, this place is a motel, not a hotel. Shower water was cold, air conditioning did not work, sliding doors were stuck together, electricity would shut off often. The staff at the front desk was unorganized. The food at the restaurant was worse than what you'd get in a hospital. Wifi internet is to be purchased and is very costly. Taxi rides to the airport are $30 US dollars. Would not recommend unless you're staying for a day or two and need a low-budget place close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to BelleVue Dominican Bay? Share your experiences!