First of all if your looking at this hotel its because you wanna save money but still have a good time, right?
My wife and I went with a group of friends and we had a blast. we had a good time because we knew what we were getting ourselves into. For example:
1) We Chose to go to 3 star hotel to save money.
2) Our mindset.. were going to have a good time.
3) Keep it simple and enjoy the day
Landing in DR
1) When you land the government charges tourist 10 bucks to get into the country.
2) The money exchange at the airport in DR charges to much from what we learned. Its not worth changing your money if you don't plan on walking with a calculator, and are not fluent in Spanish. American Cash is King anywhere.
3) Make sure you have a travel voucher from airport to hotel printed out.
4) SKYBAR is the only place in the airport that offers WIFI buy a beer for 2 bucks and get on Facebook and tell everyone you made it.
5) As you exit the airport from baggage claim your going to walk straight towards the exit your chauffeur will be holding a sign representing the travel agency and transportation company. It didn't have the hotel name on it.
6) They will escort you to the bus and load up your luggage
Tippng - You don't have to and they didn't ask but a dollar a bag is the right thing to do.
Also this is going to be your first contact if you want something or go somewhere during your stay. Ask the driver for his cell number. These drivers work for the company so it would be highly unlikely for them to do something to risk there lively hood.
The Bellevue Hotel
Yeah well it is what it is. If you don't have cold water let the front desk know and they will take care of it. My wife brought sheets from home that we used on top of there linen so we were good there. We brought shower shoes so we were good there.
USE- Bottle water to brush your teeth.
The main chow hall " The hibiscus" restaurant is a buffet which offers a variety of selections. The rice and beans were great. There are two specialty restaurants on property - the "Caribbean Rest". and the "Italian Rest". You have to make reservations for those 2 spots at 0800 at the front desk Tip- Don't bother making reservations at the Italian restaurant. Although the ambiance of the room is quite romantic the food is just the opposite.
Lunch at the beach is a good choice. Grill is located near the staircase.
to get to the beach you have to go to the main desk area and cross the street. The hotel has its private secure pathway to the beach. The guarded pathway leads you thru a nice garden area and then across a small bridge elevated underneath one of the islands local artist's home/open studio. His paintings are beautiful. If your interested in a painting called down to him his name is Robert. $40 Bucks for a huge painting. He will roll up the canvas and run up the hill and give it you. Always try to buy art anywhere you visit somewhere new.
Once one the beach there is a rock threshold surrounding the hotels property. Once you break the threshold you ar fair game to vendors. NOTE: If you flash money every vendor on the island will know you have money and try to sell you everything they have. If you buy something forgetta about it. They will block the sun. Try to save the souvenir buying for your last day. Do not do any excursion solicited from the beach. No! If you wanna go somewhere work it with the main desk and get a price and then call the chauffeur (on his cell) and ask him how much he will charge you for the same trip.
If your looking for some quite time on the beach. walk towards the left on the beach and you will see a marina (a pier with the boats docked). They have a quite little bar/lounge there that is nice. $4 dollars a beer. Cheaper to buy a bottle of rum and hanging out all day and jump in the water. This was fun.
They do a good job entertaining the crowd. During the day they offer dance lessons which is pretty cool. The night shows are rated "R" for lack of a better word. But were enjoyable!
As with any culture treat people with respect and they will reciprocate. Dominicans were friendly helpful and joyous. No problems, However the RUSSIANS visiting there, good lawd, They are not fond of Americans at all! Maybe it was just our group because we were your typical Brooklyn Bunch. Hey Yo Joey Smacks over here! LOL
If you have any questions just send me a message. If you like or dislike the review let me know
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your BelleVue Dominican Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Dominican Bay Hotel Boca Chica
- Hotetur Hotel Boca Chica
- Hotetur Dominican Bay
- Hotel Dominican Bay
- BelleVue Dominican Bay Dominican Republic/Boca Chica