“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Great dining experience for all types of occasions, whether eating alone, as a couple or in a group.
The food is of average costs, excellent mouth watering indian dishes & great friendly service.

Its quite easy to find & has on site parking (free).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Food good, service woeful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

The food in Jee Jees is lovely. It is much better than so many "Indians" which serve 20 curries made from the same sauce. The mix grill starter is scrummy, the veggie tikka is nice. Poppadoms could do with a few more relishes to go with them but theyre fine. The butter chicken is my favourite curry other than the ones I make at home. The other mains are also great and vary in styles and taste.

The huge shame is after tonight's service we decided to never go back. We've been let down before but gave it one last go. Drinks take ages to arrive, our mains took 45mins from finishing our starter, nothing is ever easy or quick. They needed a restaurant manager tonight, another bar tender and another person on the floor.

No-one mentioned that we'd been waiting so long for mains, except the waitress saying: "Sorry about the delay, no-one listens to me." How about: "We'll take a naan off the bill."

It's not the staffs' fault, they're short handed and have not been trained properly.

With just an elementary level of service, which most restaurants would consider the bare minimum this place could be real gem.

As it is, it's just a let down.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Bromwich
“Superb in Smethwick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

When you say to friends that you have been for a meal in Smethwick they may look at you in a funny kind of way. As other reviewers have said you cannot believe that such a beautiful restaurant is in this area. The whole ambiance of the place is really well presented and the decor together the with the lovely furniture is really first-class and all co-ordinated very well. I was asked along with a group of friends and went along with some trepidation but I need not have worried as it was fantastic. You cannot fault the whole place, the service, the food and the staff are very attentive without being intrusive. In fact I think the owners/management have got everything absolutely perfect - well done to them.

I would not hesitate to reccommend friends, family or business associates to give this superb restaurant a try. It has facilities for business meetings which can be held in complete privacy.

The menu has something for everyone - even people like me who do not like my food too spicy. All in all a great place to eat.

• Visited August 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Cannot Believe its Smethwick!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

After living in the area for so long I could not believe I was in smethwick!! The food was amazing as well as the decor, I couldnt even believe it was Birmingham. I was thrilled to hear that a new head chef formally being at Itihaas was taken on board! Not only were the staff incredibly friendly but everything about the place was spot on! The only thing I would say is that table service is needed in order to make it more of a restraunt.

• Visited July 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
“First time in Birmingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I may be a bit biased (coming all the way from the states) but I thought the food was amazing !

Great environment, whether you are looking for a night out with some friends or a place you can take the whole family. I hope I don't get in trouble for saying this, but I crashed one of the parties & was welcomed on the dance floor with open arms !

It's also nice to have such secure parking and friendly staff, you really feel at home.

• Visited September 2011