“Try this place if you like Indian food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bengal Brasserie

Bengal Brasserie
349 - 351 Kenilworth Road, Balsall common | Solihull, Warwickshire, Balsall Common, Solihull CV7 7DL, England
01676-533883
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: English, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Try this place if you like Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I dined here with my wife last month on a Groupon deal, we chose to sit at a table by the window, which has walls behind the chairs and we therefore had our own cosy little corner that we really enjoyed.
We were initially given a couple of poppadoms and dips (not free but inexpensive), including a lovely mild and refreshing yoghurty mint sauce; as a starter I had mixed chicken & lamb shaslik, followed by the main, spicy tilapia fish and keema pilau, (rice with meat) as a side dish.
My wife had paneer shaslik as a starter and chicken tikka fenugreek as main, with a side dish of special fried rice.
All these dishes were quite good and tasty.
Service by the two waiters was friendly and attentive, I even got a free drink after promising we would post the pics of the dishes on Tripadvisor.
We would be happy to dine here again, even without necessarily taking advantage of a Groupon deal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I visit BB every other week and am never disappointed. The food always tastes really good and the service I receive is first class. Try the combination dishes and the duck starter, awesome!!
Make sure you also visit on a Monday evening as they offer a £7:95 all you can eat buffet which is not my usual type of dining experience but very good value with plenty of options!
All in all I'd have to say that BB is well under rated hence my top mark!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me and my partner went for a nice quiet meal and thats what we got. Lovely restaurant and music was nice. Food and service was great. Would defiantly go there again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Tasty and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

As vegetarians I often look out for a local Indian restaurant as we can always be assured of finding something to eat and this was a real find. Our welcome was friendly and efficient, we were offered a choice of seating areas and our When I mentioned we were vegetarians the waiter was only too happy to point out that most of the menu could be adapted to suit us The waiter stayed for a brief chat about the nature of our visit to the area and was very interested in hearing about our attending Warwick university open day. The food arrived quickly and was delicious and plentiful. The house wine was reasonably priced and drinkable. All in all a great find and would highly recommend.

Visited June 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“If you want to impress guests choose this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

OK so we're already converts to this restaurant! But this was the first time we'd entertained business guests here....they didn't let us down!...Really pleased with the staff, their recommendations and courtesy to our guests, the quality of the food, the ambiance; everything was perfect. We're so lucky to have such an excellent restaurant on our doorstep.
Food and quality, top notch - delicious fusion of flavours. Thank you for making our guests feel so special, they too went away very impressed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere