“Wedding Venue” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Horwood
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Wedding Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently got married at Horwood House. 82 guests, ceremony, reception - wedding breakfast and evening buffet, rooms and breakfast the following morning for about 30. I cannot fault the staff at Horwood House who helped me plan and organise the event, thank you Sarnae and Felicity. It was perfect! The day ran incredibly smoothly thanks to Matt and his team and despite a few guest hiccups. The food was excellent, and we were particularly pleased to be invited to a special food tasting evening a few weeks before. Nothing was too much trouble, and reception staff were apparently hunting round for a large umbrella for me as I arrived - unfortunately they had no influence over the weather! Thank you, our day was fabulous!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at Horwood House, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your taking the time to share your feedback with regards to your recent wedding at Horwood House, I am delighted that you had such a fabulous day and that everything ran incredibly smoothly.
I shall share your comments with Matt and his team, so that they can hear how their hard work and dedication helped to ensure that your special day, was indeed a special one.
Thank you for choosing to hold your wedding at Horwood House and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my birthday for dinner, bed and breakfast. First appearances were stunning with the nice old building and the lovely drive.
There were two weddings on and although we had to dodge the photographer we checked in with no hassle and was on our way to our room in no time.
Room was smart and clean with all the comforts you'd expect.
We ate at the restaurant as the Tempest bar was shut due to the weddings. This was a little disappointing as we felt a little like we were in the way. The service and food was of a good standard although I was a little underwhelmed by the wild boar burger.
We went to the strange pub in the village but came back to another bar in the hotel which as we had read was a little on the expensive side but considering where the hotel is situated, it's hardly a surprise. Took a while to get our drinks as one bar staff running around all over.
The gym and swimming pool were ok although not great the jacuzzi wasn't working. It could of been cleaner and the huge bug doing breast stroke had to be avoided. Best part of our stay was probably the buffet breakfast which was great and had a great selection.

A couple of downsides were that when we woke up there was a terrible smell in the room, smelt like sewers were coming up through the bath. Reported this too reception who showed no interest or concern that a guest had been woken by a really bad smell.
The wedding parties were another issue. We don't mind people having a good time especially at a wedding but there was little to no consideration for any other guests and as walls very thin it was very noisy through the night. So much that during the night we could here every word of the ladies conversation in the next room and how they laughed when one of them let out a duvet lifter to revival a rugby team. I know this isn't directly a fault of the hotel but maybe they should group the wedding guests together to prevent them waking up other guests.
All in all a nice stay but not one we'd rush back too. Basically a conference and wedding venue that could do better with non wedding guests so they're not made to feel in the way.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that your first impressions of Horwood House exceeded all expectations and that your overall experience was a nice one and that you thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast buffet which had a great selection to choose from.
Our aim is to ensure that every guest who visits Horwood House is looked after in relaxing and comfortable surroundings, whether they are here for a conference, wedding or leisure break. Our team are dedicated to ensure our guests receive a high level of service and I am pleased that this was also your experience.
Your points have been taken on board with regards to the smell in your room and our Maintenance Manager has initiated an investigation to resolve the situation for future guests.
I am disappointed that there was an element of noise from other guests that may have slightly marred your stay with us. A Duty Manager is available day or night to help resolve guest issues and would have been more than happy to deal with a noise complaint so that you were not disturbed further.
Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your feedback and we would hope to welcome you back to Horwood House in the future.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

But wish t was more. Although the room was quite small the view was of a meadow and fields and quite beautiful. The staff were super friendly and service helpful and efficient. Leisure facilities were also clean and pleasant. All Staff had a wide smile and gentle approach. I booked on a group on deal and the value was exceptional. Would definitely recommend. One thing to note was that there were two wedding parties and discos however there was no noise in our room. One of the parties had some rough around the edges looking guests. My only negative comment was that I tried to book afternoon tea and was told they did not serve it here by the operator. We ordered a sandwich on arrival but later saw a couple having afternoon tea and scones!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that the picturesque countryside surrounding Horwood House, exceeded all expectations.
It is pleasing to hear that you would recommend Horwood House to others and that our staff were super friendly, helpful and efficient.
Horwood House is a very popular wedding venue, I am pleased that even though you visited us on a very busy weekend, you were not disturbed by the wedding parties and enjoyed a relaxing and comfortable break here.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House in the future to enjoy afternoon tea and scones in our beautiful grounds.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Managed to get a decent last minute price online of £85 B&B, less than half the walk in price. Luxury accommodation, friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Only downside was my room was furthest away from reception and had to find my way through a maze of corridors to find it. Surprised at previous comment about wifi, it is free in this hotel and has been for sometime. You only pay if you upgrade to the high-speed version.

Room Tip: Ask for one nearer reception.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at Horwood House, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that there were many aspects of your stay that were so positive. I am pleased to hear that all members of our team were friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed a great breakfast.
Some guest bedrooms are further away from reception than others, although they are accessible by lifts and ramps, our Front of House team are always willing to help allocate rooms suitable to a guests needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House.
Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I spent a Saturday night at this hotel with my wife and a couple of friends. We regularly go on this sort of a break, taking advantage of Groupon type offers. We always look to Trip Advisor for a "heads up" on each place we visit. Once again we found a number of negative comments about Horwood House. Given the successful weekends we've had to date we wondered how we would find a stay at this hotel.

All I can say is we had a marvelous time! Right from the off the staff were friendly and courteous. Our room was fine - a little small but had everything we required. The food was very good too, particularly the breakfast.

The hotel frontage is an old style manor house, very impressive with lovely grounds to walk around. At the rear of the hotel is a modern extension which houses most if not all the bedrooms. We can't honestly say the extension jarred and we felt in no way did it detract from the hotel overall.

We didn't use the pool - we had intended to but as we got a fair old soaking on a walk in the woods just prior to arriving, we all felt we'd had enough exposure to water!

So a very pleasant stay in good company and looked after by some very friendly and engaging staff.

I don't quite get how some posters here can be so negative about this and indeed other hotels we have stayed at. Maybe it needs a few more of us who did enjoy our stays, to take the time to post here too and hopefully we'll see a little more balance!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you had such a marvellous time at Horwood House.
I am pleased that every aspect of your stay exceeded your expectations, from our friendly and courteous staff, to the food in our Tempus restaurant. I shall share your feedback of how much you enjoyed the food, especially breakfast, with our Head Chef and his team.
Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your comments to let us know about how pleasant your stay was at Horwood House.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The main house is beautiful, lovely grounds, free tea and coffee in tempus lounge but £15 for 24hr wifi (for work). I think wifi should be free or at least cheaper in an expensive hotel. My broadband at home us £7.50 for a whole month!!

Room very dated as in an old fashioned block, and numbering meant it took us ages to find. Needs modernising and smartening up, but functional.

Nice pool (jacuzzi obviously used to the there a long time ago but now covered over - a shame). Empty, so plenty of chance to swim and relax in sauna. Signs mentioned steam room, but I couldn't see one.

Nice breakfast, good sausages!

Stayed on a weekend and wedding guests were still smoking outside our room (416) at 12.50am and talking / singing LOUDLY. This went on all evening so at bed time I phoned reception and they went very quickly.

A nice stay, close to mk.

• Stayed May 2013
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at Horwood House, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that Horwood House and grounds exceeded your expectations and you found the Manor house beautiful.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our leisure facilities and were able to enjoy a peaceful swim and relaxed in the sauna.
Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked in to stay the night on the 24th may as my cousin was getting married there. The whole day was amazing and the staff were incredibly welcoming and could not do more to assist or please us. They were all amazing and made everything special.
The hotel itself and the grounds are stunning. Everything you could need and more. However as special as the setting is it is the amazing staff and the effort they put in to everything that will remain with me and make me return if in in the area again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that the whole day of your cousin's wedding was amazing and that all staff were incredibly welcoming and could not do more to assist you and made everything special.
The team at Horwood House are dedicated to ensure every guest receives a high level of customer service and enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay with us. I am glad that this was achieved and made such a special day even more memorable for you.

Been to Horwood House? Share your experiences!