“Great value for top class hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Horwood House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mursley Rd, Little Horwood MK17 0PH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Horwood
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value for top class hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Managed to get a decent last minute price online of £85 B&B, less than half the walk in price. Luxury accommodation, friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Only downside was my room was furthest away from reception and had to find my way through a maze of corridors to find it. Surprised at previous comment about wifi, it is free in this hotel and has been for sometime. You only pay if you upgrade to the high-speed version.

Room Tip: Ask for one nearer reception.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at Horwood House, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that there were many aspects of your stay that were so positive. I am pleased to hear that all members of our team were friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed a great breakfast.
Some guest bedrooms are further away from reception than others, although they are accessible by lifts and ramps, our Front of House team are always willing to help allocate rooms suitable to a guests needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I spent a Saturday night at this hotel with my wife and a couple of friends. We regularly go on this sort of a break, taking advantage of Groupon type offers. We always look to Trip Advisor for a "heads up" on each place we visit. Once again we found a number of negative comments about Horwood House. Given the successful weekends we've had to date we wondered how we would find a stay at this hotel.

All I can say is we had a marvelous time! Right from the off the staff were friendly and courteous. Our room was fine - a little small but had everything we required. The food was very good too, particularly the breakfast.

The hotel frontage is an old style manor house, very impressive with lovely grounds to walk around. At the rear of the hotel is a modern extension which houses most if not all the bedrooms. We can't honestly say the extension jarred and we felt in no way did it detract from the hotel overall.

We didn't use the pool - we had intended to but as we got a fair old soaking on a walk in the woods just prior to arriving, we all felt we'd had enough exposure to water!

So a very pleasant stay in good company and looked after by some very friendly and engaging staff.

I don't quite get how some posters here can be so negative about this and indeed other hotels we have stayed at. Maybe it needs a few more of us who did enjoy our stays, to take the time to post here too and hopefully we'll see a little more balance!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you had such a marvellous time at Horwood House.
I am pleased that every aspect of your stay exceeded your expectations, from our friendly and courteous staff, to the food in our Tempus restaurant. I shall share your feedback of how much you enjoyed the food, especially breakfast, with our Head Chef and his team.
Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your comments to let us know about how pleasant your stay was at Horwood House.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The main house is beautiful, lovely grounds, free tea and coffee in tempus lounge but £15 for 24hr wifi (for work). I think wifi should be free or at least cheaper in an expensive hotel. My broadband at home us £7.50 for a whole month!!

Room very dated as in an old fashioned block, and numbering meant it took us ages to find. Needs modernising and smartening up, but functional.

Nice pool (jacuzzi obviously used to the there a long time ago but now covered over - a shame). Empty, so plenty of chance to swim and relax in sauna. Signs mentioned steam room, but I couldn't see one.

Nice breakfast, good sausages!

Stayed on a weekend and wedding guests were still smoking outside our room (416) at 12.50am and talking / singing LOUDLY. This went on all evening so at bed time I phoned reception and they went very quickly.

A nice stay, close to mk.

• Stayed May 2013
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at Horwood House, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that Horwood House and grounds exceeded your expectations and you found the Manor house beautiful.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our leisure facilities and were able to enjoy a peaceful swim and relaxed in the sauna.
Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back to Horwood House in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked in to stay the night on the 24th may as my cousin was getting married there. The whole day was amazing and the staff were incredibly welcoming and could not do more to assist or please us. They were all amazing and made everything special.
The hotel itself and the grounds are stunning. Everything you could need and more. However as special as the setting is it is the amazing staff and the effort they put in to everything that will remain with me and make me return if in in the area again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that the whole day of your cousin's wedding was amazing and that all staff were incredibly welcoming and could not do more to assist you and made everything special.
The team at Horwood House are dedicated to ensure every guest receives a high level of customer service and enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay with us. I am glad that this was achieved and made such a special day even more memorable for you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Attended a conference here. Never saw the Manor House; rather accommodated in a modern block (ex-BT training centre). Architecturally chalk and cheese! Staff friendly, polite and helpful. Room fine, if very 'corporate', except for ancient CRT TV - in 2013? Food nicely presented and efficiently served. Bedroom numbering confusing, and signage deficient in places. Apparently code for swimming pool in leisure centre changed, inconveniencing early swimmers.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Horwood House.
Horwood House has been extended to accommodate the 185 guest bedrooms plus conference rooms that we have available. The Manor house itself is utilized as the centre piece of the hotel and holds 3 guest suites, Manor lounge and a few conference rooms.
I am disappointed that you felt your room was not suited to your needs, our duty manager or Front of House manager would have been more than happy to look at reallocation of your room if you were not happy.
Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your comments.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Hotel deserves more than 2 stars and could easily be 4 or 5 stars on my review but for the shockingly undertrained staff, lack of staff and shockingly bad management

On a one night stay, we had a no drink bought to the room as promised, waited 20mins for a drink then had no ice, waited 20mins again to be seated at dinner when tables were empty.. all day and evening tables were left clogged with glasses and plates and ashtrays left full in the garden

I don't blame the very young staff they had been so poorly trained it was just as embarrassing for them and I didn't see one single manager the whole time I was there!

the Wedding guests for both weddings looked far from impressed either which of course is far more disappointing than a brief getaway

Easily solved with some clear training and supervision and this could be a lovely destination

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations2013, Guest Relations Executive at Horwood House, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Our aim at Horwood House is to ensure that every guests receives the highest level of service and enjoys a comfortable getaway in relaxing surroundings, I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
We welcome all feedback at Horwood House, as it is through constructive criticism that we can monitor and maintain the high standards that guests expect from the hotel. I have shared your feedback with our Head’s of departments in order for them to review with their teams and ensure that all staff are given the support they need to deliver the highest level of service to all of our guests.
Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your review and we hope to welcome you back to Horwood House.

Travelers are raving about these Little Horwood hotels

Redbourn, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed over the bank holiday weekend for a wedding, even though the view is amazing and the appearance of the manor house is also amazing the one thing that lets it all down was the lack of staff and their attitude towards paying guests. When a table decoration falls onto a guest and is reported to a senior member of staff the response was "speak to the bride" We were not prepared to speak to the bride on her wedding day as it is up to the hotel to make sure that everything in place is up to standard! Would I stay there again, No!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you found the appearance of the Manor house and surrounding views amazing.
I am disappointed that that there were elements to your visit that marred your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to our Operations manager so that a review of staff training can be initiated to ensure all future guests receive the highest level of customer service.
Thank you once again for taking the time to submit your comments.

Been to Horwood House? Share your experiences!