The outside of the old part of the hotel is beautiful, as are parts of the grounds. But, as is usual for a Principal Hayley hotel, that's where the beauty ends...
The rooms are basic but clean - think Premier Inn. The part of the hotel that the rooms are in is a series of 70s built low rise, dead end corridors - with shabby carpets and ripped wallpaper.
The staff are AWFUL - the check in was okay but only okay. Trying to leave my room key when going out for the evening resulted in much sighing and tutting from the lady on duty. And trying to get it back from the night porter was like trying to get him to give me his first born! Took him in excess of 10 minutes to get to reception and was rude and grumpy when he did. Not once did I feel ANY member of staff actually WANTED to do something for me. The manager should be asking her/himself some questions about what they're doing to have such a demotivated, non customer-focussed team...
All common areas (bar, restaurant, conference rooms) are cold.
Dinner in the bar was overpriced, took forever to order and was cold when it arrived. Lunch in the restaurant was okay and breakfast in the restaurant okay (although again, no order to things, ages to get tea/coffee, tables not cleared and staff looking stressed and grumpy).
If you get a great rate (£40 - £60) for B&B and you need to stay in that specific area then you'd probably not be disappointed. However, there are MUCH better hotels in MK and I shall not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horwood House combines the best of a period Manor House, set in 38 acres, with the modern facilities of Tempus Bar and Restaurant, extensive meeting and function rooms and 185 bedrooms. Our swimming pool and gym are available for all resident guests to enjoy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Horwood House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horwood House And Leisure Club Hotel Little Horwood
- Horwood Hotel And Leisure
- Horwood House Little Horwood, Buckinghamshire, UK