“Amasing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Horwood
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Amasing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I decided to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary by doing our first Murder Weekend. It was a large event with over 90 people taking part in the event, the staff, and I do mean all of them, were under constant pressue over the whole weekend and never once did any member of staff stop smiling or complain about the people or event. Nothing was to much trouble for them and the hotel itself was well attired and comfortable. The food was excellant, however, the bar is really expensive (so take your own!)

Room Tip: If you are infirmed ask for a room close to the reception because there is alot of stairs through ou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEast, General Manager at Horwood House, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that your stay here highlighted lots of positive points. Thank you for taking the time to relay your enjoyable stay here at Horwood House, it means a lot to our team who work very hard to provide a pleasant and efficient service. We have a Quality Wins scheme at Horwood House which promotes excellent customer service from all our staff members to ensure that our standards remain high and I will make sure that your feedback is shared at our next meeting. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

A very average hotel. Finding your room takes an age along a warren of corridors. The bedrooms are incredibly small, the bath fills very slowly and the cleanliness isn't wonderful in the bathroom. The food at dinner was very unadventurous and the breakfast buffet nothing exciting. I would certainly find somewhere better to stay if I visit the area again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, although of course, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience. We do have a duty manager available day and night and they would have been available to help resolve the issues that arose with your room. Please would you contact me regarding the food feedback that you have given, as we rarely have negative feedback regarding the food on our menu here at Horwood House and would urgently like to gather more information in order to investigate the issues fully and ensure that all matters are rectified.
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a lovely hotel to look at from the outside, but once inside it disappoints with some very small rooms, and some very uncomfortable beds.

However, the pool is great. We were there for 2 days and it was empty both times. Great sauna too. Breakfast was good, but very English, but with a lack of muffins, pastries and cakes etc. Room service was poor though, as we asked for a top up of tea / sugar in the room, and we only got 1 of the 3 items we asked for.

So, if can pay the extra for a better room or can get an upgrade, then you should be ok. Or get a twin room. No room for swinging a cat in some rooms.

However, if for the same price you can stay at a Hilton, stay there !!!

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor or ask for the rooms in the older buildings.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerEast, General Manager at Horwood House, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that the leisure facilities, breakfast and hotel cleanliness met your expectations. I am, however disappointed that the tea and coffee supplies in your room did not meet your expectations, it is unusual for guests to need additional tea/coffee supplies in between their room being serviced on a daily basis.
For our guests that are not here with a wedding party, we try to allocate rooms away from the party guests in our refurbished rooms to eliminate noise disturbance. I would be very interested to hear from you regarding your uncomfortable bed, to find out which room you stayed in so that I can make sure this issue is resolved.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I spent two days here for a business conference. Before going I reviewed the website and it looked good but on arrival even though the grounds and outside of the hotel looked impressive it was obvious the website was well out of date. Conference rooms were ok, the buffet for breakfast and lunch was average, they appeared under staffed but those employees that were working were helpful and polite. The food and drink in the bar is overpriced and not up to standard. The bedrooms were very small but clean, the biggest frustration is that there is no mobile phone signal and their internet is patchy and cuts out. Dont expect to get any work done in the evenings if you need to. There are some stale smells around the hotel but it is old and dated. For a hotel that promotes itself as a conference centre the facilities are poor for those people away on business.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you found our cleanliness of a high standard. Our website is regularly updated to ensure that all information is up to date, I would be interested to hear which elements you felt were out of date. I would like you to contact me regarding the issues that you have mentioned, so that we can discuss in further detail in order for me to resolve the issues.

Travelers are raving about these Little Horwood hotels

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were staying with our two girls who were competing at Showjumping Schools National final the next day - the biggest day of their lives so far. We arrived quite late (9.30) - had been competing all day to find absolutly nothing to eat - despite ringing two hours earlier to be assured that we would at least be able to get crisps/chocolate bar & hot drink. Rooms were cold & also no hot water or room service - finally managed to blagg two mugs from the kitchen of hot chocolate (now was 10.30) from the kitchen that cost £3 each ! In morning the pre arranged continental breakfast was not available ! disaster as we all had to be ready to compete by 8am. Morning receptionist really didnt know what day it was and most unhelpfull. This really took the edge of the following days events as we were all hungry & tired. Subsequently phoned 7 times trying to raise the manager for an explanation and possibly a reduction as Horwood didnt provide what they promised, 3 times got answer phone and left 4 messages - finally got the decorator who took the phone to the manager who was best described as curt, intimidating and soon uninterested (they had our money by then). Overall I would not recommend this venue unless you are in a party or at a conference as the staff are indifferent and facilities minimal & tired. As for the managers attitude ......... Thanks Horwood House for putting a large blot on what was supposed to be a special weekend.

Room Tip: Try another hotel !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that any aspect of your stay marred your special day, it would never have been our intention for that to have happened. I have discussed the feedback with our front of house manager, as we are always happy to help our guests outside of normal service times and we need to understand how this information was not passed on to our staff. With regards to the snacks that we have available in the hotel, our vending machines do not have timings and are available for our guests to use at any time of the day or night. I would like for you to contact me to discuss the phone handling problem because we do not actually have a voicemail system in place and urgently would like to know how your calls were misdirected. If you do have another opportunity to stay with us again, I would be happy to upgrade your stay, so that you can enjoy Horwood House and it's beautiful surroundings.
Southampton, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were staying here to attend a conference and it was full to capacity. As you arrive it is very imposing setting and building with a friendly welcome from the staff. Our room cost £60 including breakfast. I have to say it was the best value room I’ve ever stayed in. We had a massive suite with a separate lounge room.
This isn’t a luxury hotel and is very tired with dated furniture. Although they could have done with more staff, the staff who were there coped very well. Trying to call reception internally or call in the outside line there was never any answer so we never discovered how to get the TV to work (no remote control and no power. There is a cold pool but its all a bit of a palaver with numerical locks on doors and £1 coins required for lockers. Not too clean either.
The cold water in the rooms was hot but in the leisure centre nearly all the water was cold (I ended up showering in the pool area where the water was warm). You get what you pay for and knowing what to expect I would stay here again, perhaps skipping the leisure centre! The food was awful but for the cost I wasn’t expecting much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagerEast, General Manager at Horwood House, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you found some positives about your stay with us, however, I am a little confused with regards to your room feedback, you had been upgraded to one of our suites which normally delight our guests.
With regards to our leisure facilities, we must control access to our pool to ensure that children do not enter the facilities unaccompanied and because of this we must use codes on all doors within the leisure area, however we provide codes on check in. We regularly check the water temperature of our pool and having checked our logs, I cannot find any variances greater than
1°c, for the dates we understand that you stayed. Please would you let me know the times that you used the facilities, so that I can ensure any issues are rectified. I would also be interested to hear from you regarding your food feedback. We very rarely have poor feedback regarding the food here at Horwood House and would urgently like to know what was not pleasant about your food when you stayed with us, so that I can ensure our head chef can rectify any issues that arose.
Dallas, Texas
1,029 reviews 1,029 reviews
1,039 helpful votes 1,039 helpful votes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was here for one night in November. There were a number of pro's but equally a number of negative points about the hotel.
The setting is beautiful, along with the main building of the hotel. The main lady at reception was very nice and kind. I'd also say the food was fairly good for hotel food and the towels in the bathrooms were very large and fluffy !
Unfortunately the rooms did let the hotel down. Finding the room was a challenge. The numbers were extremely confusing and there were far too many corridors! The rooms were on the small side and I had 2 single beds. The bed was very uncomfortable, every time I moved it wobbled. There was also a consistent banging noise all the way through the night, which sounded like fireworks going off but may been the boiler. The walls were paper thin and you could hear everything next door, above and people walking down the corridor, which made for a bed night's sleep. I woke up the next morning, feeling like i'd hardly had any sleep.
If the rooms were better, then i would have definitely rated this hotel higher.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you found our front of house staff to be so hospitable and that you enjoyed the food and our large fluffy towels. I am however disappointed that your room did not meet your expectations. Please would you contact me to let me know which room you stayed in so that we can invesigate the wobbly bed and rectify the situation for future guests. We have a duty manager available every day and night here at Horwood House and they would have been happy to help to rectify the issue with regards to your room being noisy.

Been to Horwood House? Share your experiences!