After reading the reviews on T.A and thinking "oh no... i hope not"!! I have decided to share my experience of Horwood House.
We ( Me & Mrs ) stayed here on Sat March 30th for a wedding reception Venue ( as we live along way i decided to grab a room and drink too my hearts content )
OK...First Impressions??? - Amazing.....as you turn off the road and drive down the private road the views etc are stunning and the place looks amazing .....you really do get a WOW on arrival !!!
★★Check in★★ We had speedy check-in as there were two weddings on the day, all i had to do was sign and grab my key , maybe different for others not attending a function but all was good , staff seemed nice and friendly/polite etc.
★★Finding The Room★★ Yes it is a bit mad to get a map ...but .....I thought it was easy (actually i followed the Mrs) but there are signs everywhere and people have to be a bit dim or too lazy to read to get completely lost (drunk i can totally understand lol)
★★Room★★Not a good start...BUT....electronic key would not work and i didnt fancy the 5min treck back to reception , a cleaner was just walking past and she let us in , 2mins later a man appeared and gave us a second key , so all good on that score!!!
Room itself? - Lovely ( IT DOES HOWEVER APPEAR TO BE A LOTTERY ) as some of our friends described theirs as "a box" ...other reviews on here seem to support this.
Ours was perfect for a couple , safe , Iron , Trouser Press , Kettle etc etc
Shower wasn’t hot enough unfortunately ( lucky both of us showered before we left for the hotel , but if im honest i would have liked to freshen up ) but luckily not a big deal.
★★Food★★ We didn’t eat there as we went to the pub down the road "The shoulder of mutton" - paid £30 for a mixed grill & a steak , lovely pub , good service & food.
Had a finger buffet at night but i was too drunk to comment if im honest.
★★PRICES★★ ha ha ha !! CHEAP IT AINT! - First pint was £4.60 - A cider was £4.20..
They had pre-swiped my card at reception so you can be wallet less and sign for everything.
( Dangerous i know lol ) My bar bill was £90 , too be fair it was for 2 people and i was at a good mates wedding with alot of friends i hadn’t seen in almost a year , so i fancied a party!!
Total Bill for 1 night was £150 including drinks ( room was £70) ..Check out was a bit bonkers but not surprising really , I filled in the quick check out and legged it!
Lets just hope they
★★OVERALL ★★ I thought it was AMAZING ,Perfect for a wedding doo.......normal romantic night away????????? hmm not too sure??? Maybe if i felt flush lol.....
I gave ★★★★ as they do need to work on a few things , Bar service in function room went too pieces once everyone has arrived & its too expensive.
They also need to have the radiators on!!! Not on 1 , it’s a huge old building…IT GETS COLD !!
Its a great place to take the Mrs and you'll defo earn some browny points if you book this place.May however need a bank loan.
★ I left my Phone charger in the Room & they posted it back to me :) How cool is that :) ★
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horwood House combines the best of a period Manor House, set in 38 acres, with the modern facilities of Tempus Bar and Restaurant, extensive meeting and function rooms and 185 bedrooms. Our swimming pool and gym are available for all resident guests to enjoy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Horwood House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horwood House And Leisure Club Hotel Little Horwood
- Horwood Hotel And Leisure
- Horwood House Little Horwood, Buckinghamshire, UK