“OK, but...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Deanshanger
Prague, Czech Republic
“OK, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I visited this hotel for business purpose as we had several meetings in the area. Location of the hotel not special, you have to drive everywhere you need to go. Hotel itself is bit old, however rooms quite OK for short visit. If you are there, make sure to get room looking at the back, those rooms are very very quiet.

Breakfast very basic unless you go for English breakfast - I did not try this option, continental breakfast nothing special. Staff friendly and helpful, hotel was almost empty during our stay.

If you are in the area and look for good value for money, go ahead and book this hotel, but do not have high expectations.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lancaster
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

This hotel was a last minute substitute when our original booking at another MK hotel was messed up. We ended up not staying at all. There was a weed growing out of the window frame, the whole place stank of smoke, and the guy running the place was smoking in the foyer when we arrived! Add to this the fact that the bathroom looked like something from the 1980s and the rusty electric heaters which looked like they might blow-up, it felt like we'd taken a step back in time. We expected a lot better for the money, and were quite appalled at the standard on offer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
St Ives, Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

Stayed here for one night when attending a conference in Milton Keynes. Nice room, clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Restaurant and bar on site, 24 hour shop and off licence next door. Smoker friendly, a whole corridor of smoking rooms, but completely separate from other non-smoking areas.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
South Coast, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

Hotel is quite hard to find and I expected it to be closer to MK but that is more my issue when looking to book somewhere.

Room was very basic and the bed was like concrete. My room over looked the road and even with windows shut it seemed quite noisy.

As I arrived late I ate in the restaurant and regretted it. The chips were ok but the rest I wouldn't feed to a dog. While I was there the kitchen caught fire, smoke everywhere, and we were told to stay put!

The breakfast was average ( mushrooms had seen better days ).

I've stayed in a lot worse places but doubt I'll go back.

• Stayed June 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
milton keynes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

this hotel is a way out of Milton Keynes down the A5 which runs through the middle of no where and is unlit, v hard to see the road after sunset. Plus it snowed when i was there which reduced traffic to a 5mph crawl!
Comfort Inn car park was full of beaten up old transits and the like, the smoke in the public areas was unreal...everyone smoking in the bar made the place stink...a lot od dogy looking characters too, NOT RECOMMENDED for lone female guests such as myself.
Bed only had a sheet and blanket which i asked to be changed for a duvet, when one arrived i was not convinced it was clean and it smelt fusty!
The first morning there was no hot water and that evening when i came back my room had not been cleaned!
on the plus side the owners are very nice and helpful, i did get money off my final bill. also there are DOVE branded toiletries in the bathroom which are nice. Also the restaurant menu looked good and the home made burger i had via room service was A1!

Stayed February 2007
Kinver, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

I stay in Milton Keynes regularly, usually use the Parkside, but due to lack of availability, our booking agent booked the Comfort Inn.

The first thing I noticed was the smell of smoke when entering the reception area, which I think came from the adjacent bar. This stale odour somehow wafted into my non-smoking room, seemed to come in through the air fan in the bathroom?

I'll stick to the facts - My room was very basic, the carpet looked old and like it needed a good clean and I didnt like to walk on it with bare feet. The bed had sheets, a blanket and an old throw. The skirting boards were covered in dust and hair. The wallpaper was grubby and ripped in places. The toilet seat was chipped and the flush on the toilet was pointing inwards, flushed upwards and hence didn’t flush properly. The “hot” water was only just above cold temperature, therefore I had a cold shower in the evening and again in the morning and struggled to wash the shampoo out of my hair.

As a female travelling alone, the overall ambience made me feel intimidated, which is unusual as I am used to staying away. It was very male-dominated. I did venture down to the bar to get a drink, as there were no glasses or water in the room and felt immediately uncomfortable by almost instant unwelcome attention and quickly returned to my room.

The only options for food are the Thai restaurant next door, which has a reputation of being "excellent" by my colleagues who have tried it, or you can select from a very limited room service menu consisting of pie and peas, burger and chips, curry etc – no sign of anything “healthy”. Not great if arriving late or travelling alone. Breakfast was adequate, the service a bit unwelcoming.

In my humble opinion, as a female travelling alone, this hotel was unsuitable for my requirements and I won't be using it again.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2005

I had to use a towel to cover part of the window as one of the curtains was missing. The room smelled badly, as did the sheets and the towels. The bed cover was stained. There was also a cot in the room which had one of the legs lashed up with a piece of blue nylon rope. The food wasn't up to much and the staff were rude. I travel 'bargain bucket' quite a lot, but this was my worst hotel experience yet.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business

Been to Milton Keynes Hotel? Share your experiences!