Firstly finding this hotel is most frustrating - the Italian road system and the donkeys on the local council make it very hard to reach the hotel or have signs big enough to be visible. It drives the hotel crazy as well as the guests.
That said it is worth the frustration. The hotel is like a fortress with the biggest metal gate and fence guarding this place which is rather in the sticks. The only place to walk to is a cemetery that you pass on the way in.
Inside we were greeted like long lost friends and sorted out for a most pleasant room. The room - after the place we had stayed in Milan had a ventilation that worked most satisfactorily. The room was big enough for two and their luggage - the bed was most comfortable and the wifi came free. The TV was very modern and the bathroom was in very good condition. Although four years old the place did not look beaten half to death! The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate but - the hot dishes are just put out and left. Everything gets cold - nothing was kept warm. Such a shame! They did bring fresh scrambled eggs and they were hot but they had just been cooked but why can they not get this right.
This is not a fancy hotel but it is extremely pleasant and as far as I am concerned it was just what we wanted at a very fair price. It was a bank holiday and the restaurant was closed so we went and found a place where we ate perfectly well.
Note - that the second set of towels is in the unit opposite the bathroom - it's not immediately obvious. The view the next morning was quite delightful - but there is a train that runs behind although it did not run in the night and did not disturb me. We did not use the shuttle to the airport as we had a car - the early morning (and it was early) wake up call came as promised.
I can recommend this delightfully run unpretentious hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the territory, the hotel is close to the main roads to Milan and Bergamo, a few km from the international airport Caravaggio (Milan-Orio al Serio) and from the most attractive tourist areas of Bergamo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bes Hotel Bergamo West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Bergamo West Hotel Mozzo
- Holiday Inn Express Mozzo
- Bergamo Holiday Inn
- Mozzo Holiday Inn Express
- Bes Hotel Bergamo West Province Of Bergamo/Mozzo, Italy