“Great view” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Great view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have been coming genre for years, and sorry to say have seen a decline in quality all round.
The decor is tired and really needs a going over. The views are still great and eating out on the deck is the place to be. I have taken overseas and interstate guests and they have always enjoyed dining on the water.
3 of us ate out there a week ago and each had beer battered fish and chips and highly rate it. We each had coffee and feel the barista needs retraining.
Prices were a bit high, though could be justified if the ambience and decor were given a modern facelift.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Australia
“disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times but it was disappointing on sat oct 5th. Three of us struggled to find an entree we liked so we decided to go for mains. The kangaroo was such a small portion you would have thought it was an entree. The chips were so over fried that there was little potato. The service was good but food was a disappointment.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Eltham, Australia
“More than enough time to enjoy the view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great location, great view, excellent food and good service except for the long delay in kitchen service for both mains and dessert. This was particularly suprising as the place was less than half full. As it was a sunny spring Sunday we were not in a hurry. The delay would not have been a worry but for the non-performance of the airconditioning.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely, expansive view from the Deck! All our meals were delicious. Grand kids loved it. Attentive & pleasant service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Glorious day for a yummy lunch on the deck overlooking Port Phillip Bay, from Middle Brighton. I changed tables waiting for my 'little family' ;-) & staff were accommodating, moving the high chair for me... We had a wonderful table, on the edge of the deck, right over the sand, on the water's edge .... gorgeous for the grand children, who were catered for with a good Children's Menu. Beautiful, sunny views, flat water, stand-up paddle boarder, out on the Bay & swimmers doing laps in the sea baths. Our three main meals were lovely. Authentic, crisp battered, Fish & Chips, succulent, Chicken Burger & my Atlantic Salmon were all very tasty & nicely plated up. Service was good & our waitress was attentive & pleasant. Prices were what I expected & I thought value for money. All in all, very pleasant & we'll go back again...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Bacon in a Thai chicken burger????? Service excruciatingly slooooooowwww”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming here for over 10 years but these days only because of their location, on the waterfront, next to the pool/gym etc. The cafe is very hit and miss. The service used to be 1st class and they made a potato, blue cheese and caramelized onion pizza, sadly no more. The chips are great as is the chicken Caesar salad but I was shocked when my Thai chicken burger arrived with a big slab of bacon, after waiting 30 mins to order. I don't eat meat and it wasn't listed on the menu and they removed it rather than making it again so it was inedible. Massive disappointment on my birthday, as my friend dining with me was having a bad day I did not wang to take it further but no way should we have been charged for this. I probably won't eat here again big just grab s coffee if convenient.

My espresso martini was great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere