“Family friendly Italiano” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Perth Australia
“Family friendly Italiano”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Took the wife and kids to our 9th wedding anniversary evening meal at Siena's. We had made a 6pm booking which was just as well as the place started to fill up after 6.30. Seating was swift in the larger of the two dining rooms. Typical Italian décor with tiled floors and a family buzz about the place. Pizzas are cooked front of house. Quite a few family's were there with young kids. As a bonus it was Wednesday a specials night so prices for pizza and pasta were reduced. If you ask for water its 3$ extra for a chilled 1.5lt of Franklins 2014 vintage. Quite a large range of pasta and pizza food on the menu with a kids meals section too. Portions were too generous really. Even the kids serving was too much for our young daughter. My wife rated her Spaghetti Marinara at 9 out of 10. A spicy but generous serving of mixed sea food. My Chicken Parmigiana was a fillet of chicken well cooked and still moist inside on a bed of chips with a very basic salad. 6 out of 10 from me.Nothing special but I find it a more interesting meal than a big bowl of endless spaghetti. Kids have a special play area though the smell inside the play room was quite unpleasant. If you want a quiet area then ask for a table away from the kids play room. All in all if you want a family friendly Italian meal with no great expectations then Sienna's is the place for you. Don't forget to book in advance. The weekends are probably booked out. There seemed to be plenty of staff but only two taking orders at the tables. Service was swift and unobtrusive but I got the impression that they didn't want us to linger after we had finished our meal. The staff were already laying the table for the next occupants as we moved away from the table.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“Never thought that food in Australia could be bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went there for lunch and it was my first time in Sienas. The menu looked great and I got Beef Sesame salad which was on Lunch Special menu, it was $18. It was so terrible, I could never think that salad could taste so bad. This is probably the first time I had a bad food experience in Australia since I moved to Perth. I don't think I will ever go there again! Sorry but you really need to change your chefs in your kitchen!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“Great meal in a fantastic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We endeavour to eat at Sienas every time we are in Perth! The service is outstanding and all staff are welcoming and efficient. Half price pizza and pasta nights on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesday are very popular so bookings are necessary. A great Italian menu with a few other menu choices as well. Situated in trendy Leederville on Oxford Street, this restaurant is well worth a visit.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Well priced & pleasant meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

First time at this restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised.

I didn't want a heavy lunch so was surprised to see several salad choices. I had beef salad and it was a generous serving with nice sizes cuts of beef throughout. Very tasty. My friend had the prosciutto pizza which he thoroughly enjoyed.

It was very well priced ($12 lunch special) and I would definately re visit.

Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant in Oz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

As Poms visiting family in Oz for most of January, we generally found Perth as a whole to be riotously expensive, but Siena's of Leederville was a gem of a restaurant.
It was the best value we found anywhere, the food was good, the portions generous and the service fantastic.
Leederville itself is well worth a visit. Fascinating little shops and a warm buzz about the café and nightlife scene. Five kilometres from Perth's Central Business District.
An oasis.