“The time of your life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Biggest Loser Retreat by Golden Door Australia

Save Saved
You added The Biggest Loser Retreat by Golden Door Australia to your Saves list
The Biggest Loser Retreat by Golden Door Australia
400 Ruffles Road, Willow Vale, Queensland 4209, Australia (Formerly The Golden Door Health Retreat Queensland)   |
Special Offer
Reboot Your Life
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Willow Vale
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“The time of your life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went to the Golden Door with fairly low expectations. I thought I would re-energise myself with no alcohol, no caffeine, very good food and lots of exercise. Well, it blew me away. It was the most fulfilling time I could have imagined. I chilled out and slowed down. I met the most impressive staff who I connected with immediately. The other guests became friends from all walks of life. It sounds like a cliché but this trip changed my life.

Room Tip: Try to stay in chalets 26 to 34 which are closer to the main buildings.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have recently completed my 5th visit to the golden door health retreat in Willowvale. I find 5 nights to be sufficient for me. The rooms are getting a little tired but they are comfortable as are the beds and the cleanliness. I come back often for the food, the program and the people both staff and guests. I stay near the spa in the rainforest chalet but they are 2 bedroom so take a friend to share the experience or be prepared to flat with another guest which I have done from time to time and has always been fine.
I will be back and have a great belief in their program as it works and you reallly do feel refreshed and alive when you leave. you also have met some wonderful new people during your stay.

Room Tip: Take a friend and stay in the rainforect chalets...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of being a guest for 5 days at Golden door on the Gold Coast. I chose this resort because they answered my inquiry promptly and offered an early bird rate that enabled the price to be lower than that of other similar resorts. I was very glad that I made this choice once I arrived!
The staff are wonderful as a team of 'wellness' professionals who are very genuine, caring and professional. The program is designed to cater to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the participants, with activities in which to participate as desired. Additionally the food was beautifully prepared and flavorsome whilst being calorie controlled and healthy- enabling me to re shape my body and my habits when I get home. This visit has given me the impetus to make the changes I know I need to make, I am very grateful to the team at GOLDEN DOOR, WILLOWVALE.

Room Tip: Expect to exercise as you make your way around the resort as it is built (deliberately) on the side...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Have just returned from my annual 5 day visit - the 4th time I have been there. A most amazing place, the food is always excellent, the team that look after you are so caring, and I always meet an amazing group of people - like me looking to focus on their well being, and prepared to invest some time and effort in doing so.
Going to Golden Door at the end of a cold Melbourne winter, helps me to focus on what I need to do in order to look after myself, and also it helps to improve the quality of my life in the year ahead. By adopting some of the things that I have learnt over the years on lifestyle, diet, and physical activity, I have improved my health immeasurably, and I am already looking forward to my annual visit next October.

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

An amazing 5 days! If you want to push yourself physically and/or lounge by the pool this is the place to go. If you want to touch on your spirituality and wellness mentally and physically, yep this is the place to go. If you want to give yourself some love and be surrounded by it, this is the place to go. And the flora and fauna just wonderful, loved going to sleep with the frogs and waking up with the birds. Loved the simplicity of the accommodation and where they chalets are situated on the property. And the meals, yum! When you get there and the gate closes behind you, just let everything go and immerse yourself in the experience you are about to have.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My impressions of Golden Door changed over the five nights I was there. As I've been travelling in Asia, I knew I was spending a lot for six days in Queensland. So that came with some expectations. They weren't met - but I worked out along the way that they were the wrong expectations...! Great food, great people, mostly great staff (love Andrea and Shirley the most - some seemed a little jaded and over it), wonderful scenery. The accommodation was nice, but basic too. The 'a' and 'b' cabins I stayed in had paper thin walls. The experiences available were truly wonderful. Chi Ball was a favourite. I feel the prices in the spa were too expensive. I wold have had more if they were reasonable. But I really do recommend anyone wanting to nourish their body and soul!!

Room Tip: I'd avoid cabins 1-20
Geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have just returned from a 5 day retreat at the Golden Door. The grounds are immense, the people are amazing and the choice of activities seem never ending. You will experience FOMO. (You need to go there to work that out). Haha.
I have been fortunate to experience many wonderful places in my time but have never returned from a place feeling like a new me. I had forgotten that it's possible to be calm & it's ok to take time to enjoy your life. Upon leaving the Golden Door I cried like a baby!.... had such an amazing time & have never really felt anything like the loving kindness and support that this place provides. If you are thinking of doing anything nice for yourself in the next year I would highly recommend a stay here. Some of us want to book again for next year already. Truly a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I had room 1. Which was brilliantly located.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Biggest Loser Retreat by Golden Door Australia? Share your experiences!