“Don't do it........... filthy with rude owner” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hassenbrook Hall Guest House

Hassenbrook Hall Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanford-Le-Hope
Hassenbrook Hall Guest House
You added Hassenbrook Hall Guest House to your Saves list
Dunstable Road, Stanford-Le-Hope SS17 8QT, England   |
Lampeter
“Don't do it........... filthy with rude owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had the misfortune to stay there. The welcome left a lot to be desired by grumpy owner and shown to room. If I could have left and gone else where I would have, room filty, thick dust every where, bed sheets very old and crumpled with miss matched sheets and pillows, couldn't bring myself to look too closely at them. Room hadn't been vacuumed in weeks, behind the door particularly bad. Bathroom shower covered in hair and grout almost black, could do with a good scrubbing with bleach. Sink in just as bad a condition with toothpaste splatters up wall tiles and shelf. Toilet worse!! Cups left in room were dirty with rings left in them and stains from where I can only imagine they had been swilled out in the disgusting bathroom, probably using a cloth that had been waved at the loo and sink......... yuk.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Arriving slightly early at this guest house I was greeted with a bit of a ticking off.

I then was shown to my room.

The room was clean and the venue was comfortable but I did not feel as welcome as some of the other reviewers and as a woman travelling on my own I felt less comfortable than in a more generic hotel.

I wouldn't give this venue a bad review but I will not stay in a guest house again as a result of this stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Portsmouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here with my fiance and 4 friends for one night for a party we were attending in Stanford. We were the first to arrive and so had pick of the rooms. We soon changed our choice because there was a particularly scary painting in the room haha! The room we settled with was actually quite nice, with a good bathroom and a really nice shower. The door didn't quite fit in the frame though. Two of my friends stayed in a twin room which was quite small with mismatched beds but seemed nice enough.
I don't actually remember having breakfast there, so I can't comment on that.
It could do with a bit of love and updating and I have to say, when we arrived, all of us were a little frightened by the dark corners and it had quite a ghostly feel. But in the daylight, the next day, it was actually really lovely and we all felt a bit stupid.
I would recommend this place but I think it would depend on which room you got.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Abbots Langley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Working on a nine month interim management contract local to Stanford Le Hope, I came across Hassenbrook Hall from an internet search. Now 5 months on I have always felt very welcome by Peter and his wife. My room is comfortable, clean and the proprietor has always been accommodating in the flexibility of my stay. Breakfast is self service but I have no complaints in respect of the variety. Whether business or social your stay at Hassenbrook Hall wont be disappointing.

Room Tip: Quiet location so room selection no real problem
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Fabulous B&B in the heart of Stanford le hope. On entering the Courtyard , you feel like you have left the hussle and bussle of Essex and London and arrived at a small country manor house hotel.
Peter and his wife have renovated this beautiful manor house into an intimate and welcoming what I would call not far off a little Boutique hotel, although it is a Bed & Breakfast. The decor is quaint and cotswold with expensive taste in the furniture and linens. Both hosts are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Suited to someone that wants a B&B with a bit of class, reasonable rates too considering what you pay for a stay at a Travel lodge. Overall, I was so impressed. The Australian Family loved it. !! xx

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated and all have ensuite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

after searching high and low for a local, homely hotel/b and b/guest house for our weddimg night we stumbled upon this treasure online. not only was it 10 minites up the road from us but felt a million miles away, but it was stunning. everything was clean and welcoming and we felt completely at home and relaxed . the owner was a true gentleman who cut short his own break to allow us a nights stay at the hall with only a days notice. as soon as we got through the door we loved it and felt at ease. although short we enjoyed every minite of our stay. the quantness of the decor and fittings made the enjoyment so easy compared to the industrious common branded hotels. absolutely worth every penny and more and will most definately be visiting again. was the perfect night to our perfect day. thank youx x x x x

• Stayed June 2012
Bicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Very attractive and interesting building. Good value for the price. Comfortable, well presented rooms with good en-suite facilities. I stayed here for 11 nights during February and March 2012. I was impressed enough after my first three nights to return. Inspite of being surrounded by main roads, the location is quiet and peaceful. The breakfast is offered free of charge. It is good, and you can eat as much as you like: hot drinks, cereals, toast, and bolied eggs. it is not difficult to cook the eggs yourself.

I found Peter, the priopriotor to be helpful and courteous. He was happy to go the extra mile to make my stay enjoyable. A number of times I arrvied late in the evening due to work commitments. He was willling to wait up unti l arrived. Overall a very pleasent and restful expereince. I would recommend Hassenbrook Hall.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different double rooms. They were both equally comfortable. Same standard of facilit...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hassenbrook Hall Guest House? Share your experiences!