Overall, great hotel for a perfect dead sea experience in Jordan.
- Very good location, right on the dead sea (as opposed to some of the places on the other side that are now ~1 mile away due to the receding coast line)
- Great facilities - 4-5 different pools, number of restaurants, etc
- Great service - everyone was very friendly and helpful
- Delicious breakfast
- Very nice rooms (rooms in the up front villas are much nicer as compared to the rooms in the main hotel)
The not so good
- I know people have mention this (and it is not hotel specific, and I am not sure if there is anything the hotel can do about it) but the swarms of flies make it difficult to relaxant enjoy everything else (remember to bring some sort of bug repellent)
- No Spa - that is the spa is ran by a different company, and is available for an extra fee. From a 5 star hotel I would expect their own spa facilities
Overall would recommend this hotel to everyone, and we will try to stop by next time we travel through this part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kempinski Hotel Ishtar gives you the opportunity to enjoy its riches where Queen of Sheba and Cleopatra once strived to unravel mystery. Situated gracefully on the shores of the largest spa in the world the Dead Sea, unique for its ozone-rich air, mineral sea water and ultra-violet filtered sunshine. Surely there is no region on earth where nature and history have more wonderfully conspired, where so exciting drama has obtained a so beautiful theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Hotel Amman
- Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea Jordan